• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Any Gamers Here?

Thehitman

RadDave’s Punching Bag
Supporter
Certified
25/3/15
Battlefield series all of them. Now BF 1 on pc anyone want to team up? Also Arma 3 and DayZ.

Ps4 Bf too LOL

dumibalamuc

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
12/9/12
ps4 player here :D
just finished uncharted 4 ...awesome game ...also the last of us was the best game ever , after gta v

now looking to buy mafia 3 for ps4 ..if anyone has for sale :)make me an offer in eu /uk :D
thanks

Kwanruan

3/2/16
Germany
Hey guys,

I'm a little gamer child too xD
Back in the days played CS 1.6 and Source and WoW and enjoyed every minute ^^
Always had the most recent Playstation and played EVERY GTA and CoD very addictive.
Up to Ghosts which was the last good title(IMHO), have now preordered CoD IW only to get access to MWR ;P
Started with Battlefield 2 on PC and continued with bad company on console ^^ very weird, but I I had enough of PC gaming and that until today. The last MMO after WoW was Destiny from the beginning of the game until I had no more desire for the Taken King...
At the moment I'm thinking about preordering Battlefield 1 too, have played the beta and it looks so cool!

Really nice thread and maybe somebody wants to establish a Battlefield 1 RWI Clan :laugh:

XAD

Renowned Member
15/8/16
WoW here...

... playing Resto-Druid/MM Hunt) since 2005 but been tapering off. Stopped progression raiding in Wrath, stopped arena in WoD (RMD/TurboCleave) as friends left the game, now mostly guild wPvP and premade BG's with WSB on ED *

The only thing more addictive than WoW is RWI.

* Yes, I know only another addict with similar WoW interests has even the foggiest idea of what I just said there ;-)

lainor

1/11/12
Played CS since 1.3, now back since couple of years on CS:GO

I own a PS4 too, big fan of FF series, including the mmorpg FF XIV.

Lately I'm digging Heroes of the Storm, but right now I have a big backlog of single players which I start and never finish :D

Aaron97

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/6/16
I was heavily into COD and BF on PS3/4, even went as fare as to buy the '11 Jeep Rubicon COD: Black Ops Edition. Years ago, a buddy of mine begged me to play EQ with him as a ploy to stay home and save money. That was my first experience with mmorpg's. I was playing Destiny on PS4, but after maxing out all 3 characters, I've gotten extremely bored with it. A couple years ago another friend suggested we try out wow, so I did. After a 3 year hiatus, I recently just started back into wow. I'm not much for chat, so I pretty much solo everything, which gets boring since I don't raid/dungeon anything. Just hit 110 with my hunter last week.

I got the Oculus Rift to play Valkyrie, and its badass, but I get severe motion sickness about 45 minutes into it every time.

Aaron97

28/6/16
Anyone playing World of Warships? It's free to play, and I'm getting a big kick out of it. Just started two days ago. Needed something to pass the time during the Christmas season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Retina

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
18/12/14
i only play dota 2 if i ever have the time... call me old school :rofl:

shelby1501

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/10/11
Only one GTA fan here? Damnn... I'm planning to get PS3 mostly because of the GTA V and Gran Turismo (and maybe few other games) but I'm pretty busy lately so still not sure about it as it will eat all my free time. :)

Nivka

10/4/15
Australia
Only one GTA fan here? Damnn... I'm planning to get PS3 mostly because of the GTA V and Gran Turismo (and maybe few other games) but I'm pretty busy lately so still not sure about it as it will eat all my free time. :)

I love gta5. I play it every summer. Major time waster though

shelby1501

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/10/11
I love gta5. I play it every summer. Major time waster though

Haha I'm glad to hear that! ;) Will I be good with PS3 or should I stretch my budget and get 4?

I don't want to spend too much as I won't play a lot and I can get 12gb PS3 for around $100 new so I thought it might be a good choice.

Nivka

10/4/15
Australia
Haha I'm glad to hear that! ;) Will I be good with PS3 or should I stretch my budget and get 4?

I don't want to spend too much as I won't play a lot and I can get 12gb PS3 for around $100 new so I thought it might be a good choice.

Tbh I'm not an expert. I think I play it on my brothers console which is a ps4. But if you can get a 3 that cheap, I'd jump on it...it'd cost about the same as the game!

shelby1501

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/10/11
Tbh I'm not an expert. I think I play it on my brothers console which is a ps4. But if you can get a 3 that cheap, I'd jump on it...it'd cost about the same as the game!

Exactly my thoughts!

Aaron97

28/6/16
I played the hell of out GTAV, but after finishing the story mode twice, I never really got into the online play. I bought and finished it on the PS3 when it first came out, then when I got a PS4 I decided to buy the game again and play the PS4 version (same game, just graphically better). I only did it again because it was 70% Off on the game download.

shelby1501

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/10/11
I played the hell of out GTAV, but after finishing the story mode twice, I never really got into the online play. I bought and finished it on the PS3 when it first came out, then when I got a PS4 I decided to buy the game again and play the PS4 version (same game, just graphically better). I only did it again because it was 70% Off on the game download.

I never had an opportunity to play it but I heard it's awesome. I finished San Andreas 7 times so I don't think I'll get bored with V. :D
Also I'm pretty sure PS3 will be more than good enough for me.

Aaron97

28/6/16
I never had an opportunity to play it but I heard it's awesome. I finished San Andreas 7 times so I don't think I'll get bored with V. :D
Also I'm pretty sure PS3 will be more than good enough for me.
The PS3 version is still good. I was impressed at the time. The PS4 version is amazing, but its the same game. I just bought the PS4 Pro last month, but haven't bought any games for it. I have a 65" Samsung TV, but its not 4K so I probably wont see any difference in the gaming. I do have a 55" 4K in my stateside house, but that house is getting the old PS4.

One major disappointment for me with PS4 over the PS3 is that there are no boxing games on PS4. PS3 had the Fight Night series and PS4 are not backwards compatible to PS3 games. I think the thing I liked most about Fight Night Champions was how you can use the PS camera to copy your face profile and load it to game, then the boxer can seriously resemble yourself.

mauricio612

Supporter
Certified
4/12/15

PS3 has a lot more games, and much better games too. So far the PS4 has only shown stupid remakes and multiplayer games like call of duty, battlefield where it gets repetitive very quickly. Nowadays all games are released unfinished, with additional content to download for more money.

GTA 5 is amazing and the PS4 version is almost the same, a bit smoother and refined but graphics on PS3 are stunning.

If you are not planning to play online and multiplayer games, go for PS3

No boxing games, no tennis games, few good racing games...PS4 sucks I regret buying it. Graphics in most games suck

shelby1501

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/10/11
@Aaron97 @mauricio612 thanks for replies, that's great to hear! I won't play online so it looks PS3 is the way to go.

Just one more thing, will I be good with slim 12gb version or it's not enough? I don't know much about it and I don't even know what I'm getting if I take more gb's. It's something like I can install games on it but why do I even need it if I can play directly from a cd?

I'm a noob, I know but explanation would be appreciated. :)

mauricio612

Supporter
Certified
4/12/15
The 12GO is very limited. Even though you can play from the DVD directly you might have to delete some saved game data in order to save other games. There is way of adding an external hard drive though but I would rather go for the 500go and spare myself the hassle.

Aaron97

28/6/16
I did a quick search and it seem that GTAV will not work on the 12GB PS3 Slim. GTAV requires over 8GB of space, so the PS3 wont let you install it, even though its numerically enough space.

But you can get a 2.5" 500GB HDD for about $50 and all your problems are solved.