• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Any club collecters here?

tflgee

1/9/09
In addition to my watch collection that keeps growing I used to be a club collector/dealer. The market sorta tanked when the Japanese economy tanked in the early 90s' so there dealer part of the game is not what it was. But I still have a huge collection of stuff. Many old 40's, 50s and 60s iron sets. Lots of 40's and 50's woods and a bunch of earlier 20's stuff too (fancy face woods etc.)

Soooo, any other golf club collecting nut jobs out there?

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
I think my score would be over 100 with these....
looking good

RD

Horology Curious
18/4/09
Nice MacGregors there!!!

I love the two sets of TA 693/945 (1953 red fiber model?). The refinish on those are outstanding and very appropriate for the vintage. The M85 set also look terrific.

I am gaming a 1950 MacGregor M43T driver this year. This is the same model that Greg Norman played during his best days of the mid 80s into the early 90s (until be broke it).

I don't own too many full sets but own the following MacGregors produced in the 50s.

Drivers:
1950 M43T
1950-1952 693
1954-1955 M85W
1954-1955 M75W
1954-1955 945W

tflgee

1/9/09
Wow, someone knows there clubs! It's 2 sets of 693's. The M85s are actually a roachy set I was gonna sell back in the day so I put the glossy finish since more people liked that. I had a pure set of M85s that I put an original looking satin finish on they were awesome. But some crazy Japanese fella offered me an insane amount of money for them so I let them go. Thanks for the compliment on the refinish job. I did the work on the clubs about 20 years ago. I was pretty good at it back then and did a lot of work for the local collectors and for Japanese clients and even did a bit of work for some of the PGA tour boys. Not much market these days for the stuff but I still love the old clubs. I have several other sets of woods and loads of iron sets. Got a pretty healthy collection of putters too.

RD

Horology Curious
18/4/09
If you are ever wanting to part with one of those sets of 693s ..... :)

I have a 693 Driver (with non-vintage finish but still outstanding) but not a full set. I might be interested in a full set at some point in time. Those are wall hanging sets. I am also a putter geek but have sold/traded most of my "collection". I am a gamer when it comes to putters. Persimmon woods have a soft spot in my heart and always will.

Thanks for sharing these and please, share more if you can. You are an artist!

Wow, someone knows there clubs! It's 2 sets of 693's. The M85s are actually a roachy set I was gonna sell back in the day so I put the glossy finish since more people liked that. I had a pure set of M85s that I put an original looking satin finish on they were awesome. But some crazy Japanese fella offered me an insane amount of money for them so I let them go. Thanks for the compliment on the refinish job. I did the work on the clubs about 20 years ago. I was pretty good at it back then and did a lot of work for the local collectors and for Japanese clients and even did a bit of work for some of the PGA tour boys. Not much market these days for the stuff but I still love the old clubs. I have several other sets of woods and loads of iron sets. Got a pretty healthy collection of putters too.