• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Another fake...

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
Here is the answer I got

Hallo e_guru1,

Hello! The watch is fully authentic.. I would be glad to speak with you via phone and go over it with you.. Either leave me your number, or call me at 732 996 6222.. Thanks, Dan.

- brenner-and-sons
Klicken Sie in Ihrer E-Mail auf "Antworten" oder nutzen Sie das eBay-Mitteilungssystem

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
Here is the answer I got

Hallo e_guru1,

Hello! The watch is fully authentic.. I would be glad to speak with you via phone and go over it with you.. Either leave me your number, or call me at 732 996 6222.. Thanks, Dan.

- brenner-and-sons
Klicken Sie in Ihrer E-Mail auf "Antworten" oder nutzen Sie das eBay-Mitteilungssystem
Well, then - there you have it! We've finally found THE gen the rep factories used to make their 1:1 claims!!

Edtje25

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/7/08
i wonder who will call him and confront him that is selling a fake...

jiddy

Renowned Member
15/4/10
Well the crstal look pretty scewed in the allignment compared to the bezel and yes the serial is the same as mine, does that mean mine is a fake???? :facepalm:
IMG_4388.jpg

My caseback:

3.jpg

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/11/10
Guys I got 2 emails from this seller: First one was the same as the one Guru got
This is the second one (after I explained to him why its faek)...

"Thank you so much for your help.. You were right.. I returned it to the dealer that i acquired it from, and he is in shock himself.. But now the burden is on him.. poor guy.. Thank you so so much.. Thanks, Dan. :)"

tommy_boy

Athletic Supporter
23/4/09
The Evergreen State
Guys I got 2 emails from this seller: First one was the same as the one Guru got
This is the second one (after I explained to him why its faek)...

"Thank you so much for your help.. You were right.. I returned it to the dealer that i acquired it from, and he is in shock himself.. But now the burden is on him.. poor guy.. Thank you so so much.. Thanks, Dan. :)"

You guys are great! Well done!

QinetiQ

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/8/09
It is very possible that the seller himself didn't know it was a replica and was selling he was told was a gen watch. That happens rather often with some sellers. They don't really mean to sell fakes. For example I had a friend who was given a Breitling by his parents for his 18th b-day. A couple of years later he needed some cash so he put the watch for sale on eBay honestly thinking it was a gen, after all he didn't have any reason to doubt his parents. A bunch of people sent him messages that it was a fake. He didn't believe it at first but then just went to a local AD and had it checked and yeah as you can guess it was a rep

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Considering the guy's feedback score that would be my guess too. He pulled it didn't he?

Col.

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
He did, but ebay didn't do Shit, as always

jiddy

Renowned Member
15/4/10
Everytime on the bay, I really take a looong hard look on various items but honestly it´s getting really hard to push the ´buy´ button after seeing how insanely good some of the reps and straps are.
How the hell can you tell if a rep AP ROO rubberstrap is a gen or not?
I´m at least not skilled enough to spot possible minor flaws, and we made almost a living out of eye balling watches reps as much as gens for "flaws"...

And especially the AP ROO´s out on the bay certainly look the part for the average joe out looking for a bargain so I can understand when people get screwed by the fakers.

Shame it is.

Luckily this story had a nice ending for the buyer.