• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Another fake on the bay

icravetoobs

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/7/14
California
It's off both now.... quickly as well... both within hours of reporting....

What was worrying was that it was a dealer on C24 and ebay with 1000 feedback and 100% score ..... with several hundred , what appeared to be gen watches....selling both a rep and a gen AP navy...

Anyway ... all dealt with for now...

Not trying to rock the boat but I feel this is not completely dealt with. I'm new to this side in the world of watches but not new to watches. Collectors usually know better and do their homework before buying a watch. Of course we should all go by "buying the seller first". I have a great reputation and intend to keep it that way. Most forums pull together, just like this one did, and that is an amazing thing about online communities, we look out for one another. I'm also about to report this seller to the other watch forums. I would never want to be scammed so I certainly wouldn't want to wish that upon someone else.

andman

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/11/13
Not trying to rock the boat but I feel this is not completely dealt with. I'm new to this side in the world of watches but not new to watches. Collectors usually know better and do their homework before buying a watch. Of course we should all go by "buying the seller first". I have a great reputation and intend to keep it that way. Most forums pull together, just like this one did, and that is an amazing thing about online communities, we look out for one another. I'm also about to report this seller to the other watch forums. I would never want to be scammed so I certainly wouldn't want to wish that upon someone else.

Yes we all have to do our due diligence....but there is only so far one can go....

This was posted on RWG as well.. and I have posted there about it....

Although I'm a Gen AP collector as well as reps , I only post on rep sites.... so that's where it stops for me...

If you are on Gen sites... I pass the baton to you... it will be a very positive and helpful thing to do...

Information is power

icravetoobs

24/7/14
California
Yes we all have to do our due diligence....but there is only so far one can go....

This was posted on RWG as well.. and I have posted there about it....

Although I'm a Gen AP collector as well as reps , I only post on rep sites.... so that's where it stops for me...

If you are on Gen sites... I pass the baton to you... it will be a very positive and helpful thing to do...

Information is power

I'm typically on Gen sites hence the my ill feelings about this. I'm very new to this side of the watch world. One day I'll have a few Gen AP, but for now I have only a Gen collection that does or had consist of Red 1680, JLC, IWC, vintage Speedy, CFB among others. My first 2 reps are on the way. In regards to the seller in question, it's hard to believe he has a 100% positive feedback.

tinitonsi

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
21/3/14

andman

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/11/13
I'm typically on Gen sites hence the my ill feelings about this. I'm very new to this side of the watch world. One day I'll have a few Gen AP, but for now I have only a Gen collection that does or had consist of Red 1680, JLC, IWC, vintage Speedy, CFB among others. My first 2 reps are on the way. In regards to the seller in question, it's hard to believe he has a 100% positive feedback.

The rep world apart from being fascinating and enormously satisfying will also broaden your knowledge….addictive too…….

Yes ..can't believe he's got 100% feedback…. he seems to knowledgable for this to have been a simple mistake…. he's got a couple thousand watches for sale.. he knows his stuff for sure.. you don't f..ck up on a 15k watch…..
This guy is dodgy imo

andman

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/11/13
She also gives a phone number for any informations... Funny
I really want to call her :picard2:

Call her…it could be comical.. and post all the details of the call….

icravetoobs

24/7/14
California
I'm new here... so still learning. What are the "flaws" that point to the item being a fake?

Ok.. on inspection.... I can see the alignment is off and the lume application looks different.

mouse1

2/5/12
wonder if those deal actually go through, and scammers get their $

andman

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/11/13
a very convincing diver:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Audemars-Pi...402261808?pt=Wristwatches&hash=item1c44238130

to bad its fake.....

hope ebay will take this down...

This is hysterical........ What bullshit next...

Most of my items do not come with receipts or warranty cards. If they are not pictured, then they are not included. This is to protect the previous owner’s personal information.

When I sell my car... I never sell it with the service history either to protect the identity of the original owner.....

How convenient ......How honest am I.....

tinitonsi

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
21/3/14

Most of my items do not come with receipts or warranty cards. If they are not pictured, then they are not included. This is to protect the previous owner’s personal information.

When I sell my car... I never sell it with the service history either to protect the identity of the original owner.....

Lol

valante

I'm Pretty Popular
20/2/13

valante

I'm Pretty Popular
20/2/13

yup, i never know that the warranty card, caring our personal info. lol....