• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

another chanel j12 story...

jiro

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
10/12/06
me and my gf went shopping today.

and she wanted to check out something at sephora(oh, boy...do i hate that place or what!! :evil: ).

anyway...she started looking at some make-ups nearby the entrance....

and there she came.....with a glaring eyes on my gf's watch.... :shock:

she was just literally standing right next to my gf and staring at her wrist...

i guess my g/f felt uncomfortable and gave her a wierd look....

and then that lady goes...."where did you get that watch?! so beautiful! is it chanel?"

my g/f said to her (with a stuck up voice tone of hers)....
"oh, my boy friend got it for me on valentines day from a chanel boutique".........yes...she knows it's a rep......i know....what a LIAR!! :twisted: :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

i didn't say anything while it was happening but i was actually cracking up so bad inside... :lol:

the lady left the store after giving me the most sincere admiring look... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

we were both cracking up so bad after she left.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

what do you guys do when some stranger make comments on your watch?

do you just tell them it's a gen? or tell them it's a rep....

i think it's a very wierd and akward situation :lol:

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
I must say most people never really notice, but I was sitting in a restaurant having dinner when up comes a total stranger saying wow I love your watch, I just say thank you, why give any information on it, only you know for sure.

crick

Put Some Respect On My Name
1/8/06
sub4me said:
I must say most people never really notice, but I was sitting in a restaurant having dinner when up comes a total stranger saying wow I love your watch, I just say thank you, why give any information on it, only you know for sure.

yup

words to live by.

Sometimes it just causes more problems telling them its a rep straight out. better to just go with the flow and let them be on their merry way.

kinneyrhs

11/2/07
jiro2085 said:
me and my gf went shopping today.

and she wanted to check out something at sephora(oh, boy...do i hate that place or what!! :evil: ).

anyway...she started looking at some make-ups nearby the entrance....

and there she came.....with a glaring eyes on my gf's watch.... :shock:

she was just literally standing right next to my gf and staring at her wrist...

i guess my g/f felt uncomfortable and gave her a wierd look....

and then that lady goes...."where did you get that watch?! so beautiful! is it chanel?"

my g/f said to her (with a stuck up voice tone of hers)....
"oh, my boy friend got it for me on valentines day from a chanel boutique".........yes...she knows it's a rep......i know....what a LIAR!! :twisted: :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

i didn't say anything while it was happening but i was actually cracking up so bad inside... :lol:

the lady left the store after giving me the most sincere admiring look... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

we were both cracking up so bad after she left.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

what do you guys do when some stranger make comments on your watch?

do you just tell them it's a gen? or tell them it's a rep....

i think it's a very wierd and akward situation :lol:

Good stuff Jiro. I am actually looking to pick one up for my girlfriend as well, may I ask who your's if from?>

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
....sometimes I actually forget I'm even wearing a rep watch and my reaction is the same if it were real..just say thanks... :)

xbaltzx

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/2/07
Dude, haha I let them figure it out...if the person thats admiring the watch wants it to be real even though its a rep...well hell its real as far as im concerned.

When I was at Shreve & Company in SF, I had my PAM 196 (7753 movement) on. One of the sales guys noticed I had it on and asked me if he could take a look at it while I checked out just random PAMs. So two salesmen looked at it and looked at it and looked at it some more and finally...he asked where I got it from. So I told him IL, because thats where my mailbox is located (obviously ordered it). I even told him that I had a choice between a PAM253 and the Daylight and took the Daylight because I couldn't afford the 253(at the time the 253 was more, in the end the 196 costs more to have the 7753 put in ). And he was like "dude! why didn't you buy the 253 its so hard to find because...blah blah blah" you get the point. So ya...I just let them figure it out and decide for themselves. They sure thought it was real... who knows maybe I was talking to couple of fish that don't know their watches. It sure was funny though.

dawg

I'm Pretty Popular
1/1/07
Reps exist??lol Same here just say thanks. If you say its a rep then you may not look so good afterwords or it may open the door to alot of questions. The best policy is to simply say thanks and move on.

jiro

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
10/12/06
but that lady was specifically asking "WHERE" she got it from!!

so if someone asks me where I got my daytona from.....should i tell them..."i got in from andrew! the trustywatchguy!" ??????

:lol: :lol: :lol:

kinneyrhs said:
Good stuff Jiro. I am actually looking to pick one up for my girlfriend as well, may I ask who your's if from?>
thanks, i got it from king...but i believe andrew's 200+ j12 is same one as king's.
here's my previous review on chanel j12
http://replica-watch.info/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15784

xbaltzx

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/2/07
Nah, tell him that you got a good deal from a good guy. And if they ask how much it was, you just say that "that is a vulgar question and its not a topic for discussion".

pugwash

Mythical Poster
30/4/07
jiro2085 said:
so if someone asks me where I got my daytona from.....should i tell them..."i got in from andrew! the trustywatchguy!" ??????
"The internet. I know a guy ..."