• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Another Awesome Piece From Lucy!! Project X Sub

JAFO

Put Some Respect On My Name
16/10/13
I've been wanting a Big Crown for a while now. But I wanted something a little different than a vintage build right now, seeing as how I've got one underway as I type this. So I looked into the Project X Subs and I liked what I saw. If you're not familiar with it, this particular version of the Project X is a modern ceramic Sub that's had the crown guards shaved off, an 8mm Brevet crown installed and the lume gets the vintage treatment. I really liked the look of it and wanted a new out-of-the-box rep to just grab and wear. Well, at least that's how it started out lol. As you'll see in the pics below, I've already picked up an Athaya 8mm Brevet crown to swap out with this one. And it'll get relumed at the same time, just to give it a little more of that old look.

The watch is great right out of the box. Just a really nice piece. 2836, nice bracelet, just a great watch. And as usual, Lucy checked to see if it was available, came back with a price the next day, went and got the watch, sent me the QCs, kept it for a few days to check functionality (which I appreciate a heck of a lot, thank YOU Lucy), then shipped it to me. She dropped it off on the 8th and Dennis The Mailman dropped it off today. Same smooth transaction as always. If you haven't worked with Lucy yet, I HIGHLY recommend you give her a try. Lucy is my ONLY watch TD and it's been that way for quite a while now.

Now, enough of my blabbing - let's see the watch!

37BEE7ED-7136-422B-AD8D-FD203D36F8E1_zps2ijlzayp.jpg

C4ABEAC4-2FB9-4053-BFC0-EB878473784D_zps3rhirspc.jpg

39AC9A69-76C1-4166-A06C-1F815BB105A3_zpszevywwub.jpg

197100AD-C6BA-42AC-A556-BCF93CCF51EC_zpsfiqdismm.jpg

E1BC439A-E4E9-43CE-B392-ED90998FBD00_zps8kusclnd.jpg

CE96266F-91BF-4F36-9208-0CBE4EABEE70_zpsjiq6j4d5.jpg

JAFO

16/10/13
That dial printing is excellent Jafo!
Thanks buddy! Ya know, I hadn't even really looked at the dial printing lol. I was too excited playing around with it. Ok, so I'm thinking TC non lec crystal, platinum paint mod, relume, get the Athaya crown swapped in. What else?

egroegart

1/7/13
I really like the look of the project X. I kept thinking it was going to be a black watch. I love the look of the lume too. very nice.

JAFO

16/10/13
I thought I'd update the thread with more pics I took earlier this evening. This is a gorgeous out-of-the-box piece! If you like what you see - email Lucy. She will take care of you. After a full day of wearing this piece I gotta say - everybody needs one of these!!
6E428C15-3C35-4F9D-81B0-8FDE0230CC2F_zpsbsl2mvbe.jpg
CD460AC7-0AFF-4E93-A45D-39ABBD6302C2_zpstji440nu.jpg
5B5C1281-5E31-49BB-AD99-09BC83893B63_zpsmlknxdup.jpg
D40E7F2A-2BF7-4CEB-96AC-EED2AF281EAD_zps4sl2ak24.jpg
ADE0DE3A-CB31-4AF7-B368-57F2663247EF_zpsdv12o6du.jpg

D

d4m.test

Your pics are amazing. Could run off and get one right now. Nice piece, wear it well, it will look the better with the new crown:)

JAFO

16/10/13
Your pics are amazing. Could run off and get one right now. Nice piece, wear it well, it will look the better with the new crown:)
Thank you brother! I can't wait to get the crown put on it. But for anybody seeing this thread: you don't have to swap the crown. The one on the rep is nice just like it is. I'm just one of those people who sends just about every watch I get to my modder to add this or that. And there's a couple reasons I do it:1. I like to personalize my pieces2. I never feel like any rep I own is truly "finished". 3. I love sourcing parts and having them swapped out.4. I like having pieces that I can look at and know I've had true craftsmen work on. Even if it's just a simple mod. I like knowing that a friend that I respect and admire has worked on my watch.But if you're checking out this thread - you don't have to do ANY mods to this watch to enjoy it. It's awesome just like it is. And Lucy - I can't say enough good things about her. She never fails to deliver the best piece in whatever price range I give her. If I email her and say "I want such and such quartz chrono" she gets me the best one available. If I email her and say I want a higher end rep she gets that for me too. And Lucy provides an extra level of service that is nearly unheard of in this business: she keeps the watch for a few days to check functionality AND she keeps going back and looking at the piece to check cosmetics. Have you ever bought a watch and after a few hours or days you see something that isn't quite right? Dust on the dial. Or maybe the bezel isn't quite right. Lucy takes those few days she keeps your watch to check for those issues. And I appreciate that kind of service.

ChrisM305

Supporting Vendor
16/4/15
Wow that is nice I love the colors very well executed I am sure going to have to put a order in I am just getting started in this great hobbies and loving every bit of it but at the moment i have to meany AP's now time for some change thanks for the post bud very helpful .

Chris

Dan71

Renowned Member
24/4/15
Italy
nice :hypnotized:

i have a doubt about quality..
recently i bought another vintage 1665 ( price :170 euro ..) and i have immediately put the bracelet with rivets in the trash and i have put on it a nato strap.

the quality of this heritage is equal to the latest BP 114060 or Noob V5 or lower ?
thanks