• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Another 3135 casualty

Alwaysblue99

18/7/20
Good morning all,
so I’ve been searching RWI and the interwebs in general looking for answers but I get so many conflicting pages I don’t know if I’m coming or going.
ive got a lovely watch that was fast becoming my daily beater, I liked it and up until this weekend I thought it liked me, alas it seems now that it hates me and wants nothing more to do with me, sad times.
the manual wind option packed in last week, the crown would adjust the date and time as it should but in position 1 it just free span.
i whipped the back off for a look-see, nothing jumped out at me, so I removed the crown and stem, all good.
I was (badly!) advised to adjust the stem in the crown and it snapped off.
i can’t believe this watch is destined for the bin so I’m asking for the latest advice on what my options are:
repair?
replace the movement?
strip it down and sell any parts?
bin it?

Alwaysblue99

18/7/20
That’s great news thanks
i wasn’t sure what flavour 3135 it was to be honest as I’m still newbie to this repping game.
where could I source the new parts please?

waxdec

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/11/19
You can buy generic 3135 parts on esslinger but maybe it'd be better to wait until someone confirms whether it'll fit your movement before buying.

Reactions: Alwaysblue99

Alwaysblue99

18/7/20
The crown and stem were one piece.
and also I need to investigate why it packed up manually winding in position 1.
i saw something about a clutch but it was a very old article.

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
It looks like your movement is a 2836 decorated/modified to look like a 3135. It's known as the A3135.

It would be worth getting this verified by a grownup such as Tickleshoes who may also suggest your best options for fixing it or replacing it.

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Patron
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Odds are the crown clutch spring collapsed. The function of this is to place outward pressure in position one (winding) so the gears will engage correctly. I've had this happen in a couple of Rolex reps. . Replacing the crown would solve this.

Alwaysblue99

18/7/20
Thanks all for the guidance.
hopefully one of the smart kids will help
me identify the movement and therefore what I can buy to fix and where from.

Crabber

I'm Pretty Popular
12/7/12
Likely your keyless works just need to be reset...there are videos here on how to. It’s a bitch your first time around. A new A3135 with stem can be purchased on eBay for $138.

There used to be a guy on this forum that would reset your keyless works for like $60.

If you do it yourself a new stem for a 2836 movement which I assume works with an A3135 as its just a decorated 2836 can be easily obtained for under $10 from wholesale outlet (WSO) on eBay or amazon, just cut to size with pliers.

But your biggest problem is going to be sourcing a rep 704 crown for a DSSD, might be able to pick one up M2M. Pity as I have two 703 crowns as I just put gen crowns on my submariners recently.

Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
DSSD does not take a 704 , it takes a 804 , its an 8 mm crown

Alwaysblue99

18/7/20
Im
just had a look again at the parts
the stem is threaded all the way to the end but it’s slmost
impossible to thread it back into the crown
the crown still has spring to it when you depress the centre bit

Docrolex

Known Member
28/12/19
Germany
Dont know where you are from, but here in our City we have an old watchmaker with lots of experience, tools and parts, for him , your Problem woulf be an easy fix and dont cost much. Maybe there is one in your town? Would be worth looking for one. They usually dont care if your watch is rep or gen, watch is watch.