• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Angus - AWOL?

cdzsmith

Renowned Member
22/4/07
CA
Has anyone heard from Angus at Pure Time lately? I had an excellent experience buying from him recently, and decided to make another purchase. On May 2, I paid for a HBB by paypal - using the same paypal address I had used for my original transaction, taking the appropriate paypal precautions (I don't know if it's appropriate to show his paypal address here?), and on May 6 I paid for a BCE by Paypal (same precautions). He acknowledged receipt of the payments. No problem. On May 9, I asked if I could change my BCE order. He replied that day, saying, "No problem if you dont really need it, I also want my customers to like their watches, just let me know if you need something else." Great! I thanked him, and told him I'd get back to him about what watch to include with the HBB shipment. He replied, "No problem, just let me know which watch you want to change to." That was Wednesday, May 9 (west coast, USA time). I received one more email from him, on Thursday, May 10, suggesting that a particular super rep would make a good replacement for the BCE. That was the last I heard from him.

On Friday, May 11, I emailed Angus, telling him which watch I wanted. It's more expensive than the original BCE order, so I asked him how much additional $ to pay. I repeated the email on Sat, May 12. I've sent 1-2 emails per day since then, asking when the HBB will ship, and whether he wants to refund the BCE funds, or wants more $ for the new watch. Nothing. I've PM'd him from the 3 forums, and he hasn't read the pm's yet. I have noticed that he has been logging onto TRC and RGW as recently as May 15.

Am I being unreasonable in my expectations? He's had $720 since May 6, but I figure the clock really started ticking (appropriate, no?) on May 11 when I believed I had finalized my order. So, he's had from Friday, May 11 to contact me, either with tracking info, or to say he couldn't get the new watch, or... something. It's been a week now. While I don't believe he's got nefarious plans for my $720, the fact that he's been logging onto the forums means he isn't incapacitated, so any suggestions?

JOEJOEJOE

I'm Pretty Popular
25/9/06
cdzsmith1 said:
Has anyone heard from Angus at Pure Time lately? I had an excellent experience buying from him recently, and decided to make another purchase. On May 2, I paid for a HBB by paypal - using the same paypal address I had used for my original transaction, taking the appropriate paypal precautions (I don't know if it's appropriate to show his paypal address here?), and on May 6 I paid for a BCE by Paypal (same precautions). He acknowledged receipt of the payments. No problem. On May 9, I asked if I could change my BCE order. He replied that day, saying, "No problem if you dont really need it, I also want my customers to like their watches, just let me know if you need something else." Great! I thanked him, and told him I'd get back to him about what watch to include with the HBB shipment. He replied, "No problem, just let me know which watch you want to change to." That was Wednesday, May 9 (west coast, USA time). I received one more email from him, on Thursday, May 10, suggesting that a particular super rep would make a good replacement for the BCE. That was the last I heard from him.

On Friday, May 11, I emailed Angus, telling him which watch I wanted. It's more expensive than the original BCE order, so I asked him how much additional $ to pay. I repeated the email on Sat, May 12. I've sent 1-2 emails per day since then, asking when the HBB will ship, and whether he wants to refund the BCE funds, or wants more $ for the new watch. Nothing. I've PM'd him from the 3 forums, and he hasn't read the pm's yet. I have noticed that he has been logging onto TRC and RGW as recently as May 15.

Am I being unreasonable in my expectations? He's had $720 since May 6, but I figure the clock really started ticking (appropriate, no?) on May 11 when I believed I had finalized my order. So, he's had from Friday, May 11 to contact me, either with tracking info, or to say he couldn't get the new watch, or... something. It's been a week now. While I don't believe he's got nefarious plans for my $720, the fact that he's been logging onto the forums means he isn't incapacitated, so any suggestions?

I wouldn't worry yet, I was exchanging e-mails with him regarding some parts, and he stopped responding to me in the middle. Maybe he's busy with something.

Joe

Nebakanezzar

Known Member
16/3/06
Dont worry, your money is not lost, Angus will not let you down....My exoerience has been you have to seriously adjust your "time frame" expectations when working with all the dealers, sometimes they are on top of shit, sometimes they are not...but they always seem to come through, and Angus is no exception.

cdzsmith

Renowned Member
22/4/07
CA
Thanks. I'm not too worried, but the difference in the timeliness of his responses from "courtship" to "post-consumation" is truly amazing. So, how long do I let him keep the $720 before I start to get upset? There's been a coulpe of rose gold bezel HBBs sold here for siginficantly cheaper than the one he's holding for me since I paid him. It sounds pathetic to say that I'd like to stay in his good graces, but at what point am I doing him a favor by not backing out of the transaction altogether?

x4

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/4/07
hi everyone
angus was for some days on holiday..so he couldnt answer last days..i also mailed to him and got no answer for 4 days or so..but now i got answer and everything is okay..so please dont worry..you can trust him 100%. see you

jiro

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
10/12/06
well....can't just tell him not to worry.....he already paid him his hard working money ($720)......i don't know about you guys......but that's not a pocket change to me......

One thing i hate to see from dealer is......

not responding to a customer who has a problem while taking orders from other people......

be nice as they can be and fast as they can be before they receive money......

but once they get the money and some problem occurs.....snap! definte silence.......

not saying all the dealers are like that.....but have seen couple of 'em.....and it bothers me a lot......

i just hope this is not the case...........wish you the best.........

Importr

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
23/10/06
I agree with you 100% Jiro, I've had similar experiences too.

I don't expect dealers to always reply to MY emails; I give 2 days in between emails, before following up with 1 more, but it does taint the impression of them when they don't answer you after you've made all efforts to get the money to them as fast and as safely as possible.... :roll:

Some dealers have the courtesy/time, some don't. I suppose if we knew the dealers personally, we'd know what they were really like and our business would be based on that impression.

cdzsmith

Renowned Member
22/4/07
CA
Any thoughts about the fact that he's been logging onto TRC and RWG during the time he's been sitting on my money without sending any emails? You guys probably know this better than I do, but it's possible to see another member's last log-on date and time on the various forums. TRC shows Puretime as "Last Active: Yesterday, 11:23 PM", and RWG shows Puretime as "Last Seen: Today 06:23 AM".

I feel shitty sleuthing around, but.... I realize the dealers provide a service (but they should feel the same way about their customers), and we can't expect Nordstrom's type (I try to keep the wife out of there, but she's fast) customer service, but this isn't ok. If he were away, that'd be understandable. Am I mis-interpreting what is meant by "Last Active", or "Last Seen"? If he is logging onto the forums, I can't understand why he can't send an email, or respond to a pm. If anyone has an "in" with him, and can rattle his cage, it'd be much appreciated.

daytona4me

sorry who are
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
4/3/06
yeah,, but it doesnt hurt to throw some feelers out there and ask around just in case he was down for the count and would be gone for several weeks.. maybe only told one or two customers.

No harm, no foul. When waiting on a rep you put some wear and tear on the carpet pacing the floor (some of us anyway).

cdzsmith

Renowned Member
22/4/07
CA
But, if one takes "Last Active", and "Last Seen" to mean that he is logging onto these sites, that'd mean he has internet access, and could easily respond to someone who's asking about the status of a $700 order? If he were on holiday, no problem. But if he's logging onto the forums, and not bothering to drop me a line, that's kind of a bummer.

watchman12345

I'm Pretty Popular
8/10/06
Seriously just relax. Thats the business. Hes a good dealer and will take care of you.

jiro

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
10/12/06
cdzsmith1, how many days has it been since your last e-mail or PM to him?

cdzsmith

Renowned Member
22/4/07
CA
I didn't email him today, but he got 2 emails yesterday, and 1 pm. He got 2 emails the day before, and 2 pms.

jiro

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
10/12/06
so, it's been two days since you haven't heard from him???

cdzsmith

Renowned Member
22/4/07
CA
No, I've been sending him 1 or 2 emails per day. The last time I heard from him was May 10.

cdzsmith

Renowned Member
22/4/07
CA
If my emailing him everyday sounds a little over the top, please realize that up until his disappearance on May 10, there were probably 5-10 emails exchanged daily for a couple of days (yeah, I'm new at this, and he was holding my hand).

jiro

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
10/12/06
a week without a response......

see what i mean? how can you guys tell him to relax????

and i bet there are bunch of people who have heard from that dealer within last week, right?

so basically he's not respoding to him.....in other word.....avoiding him....

i hate this bs.....

smyrnasurfin

18/1/07
cdzsmith1 said:
I didn't email him today, but he got 2 emails yesterday, and 1 pm. He got 2 emails the day before, and 2 pms.

I usually don't overload a dealer with PM's/emails but I also haven't dropped $700 + in one sitting. I'll usually send an email, wait a few days then follow up. That's a tough call 700 is mucho dollar for me, I bow to the veterans for this answer.

smyrnasurfin

18/1/07
jiro said:
a week without a response......

see what i mean? how can you guys tell him to relax????

and i bet there are bunch of people who have heard from that dealer within last week, right?

so basically he's not respoding to him.....in other word.....avoiding him....

i hate this bs.....

I agree based on this from the buyer "If my emailing him everyday sounds a little over the top, please realize that up until his disappearance on May 10, there were probably 5-10 emails exchanged daily for a couple of days (yeah, I'm new at this, and he was holding my hand)."