• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

And this one???? Blue Baton!!

dharma

F.a.i.g.a. addicted
13/11/14
The Hive
The caseback is so thick. Its crazy
91d2f7e66ac61715545c333407f92e6f.jpg

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

The effect on the wrist is very bad......you must have a Terminator style arm, or will be the Ap to wear you

Tompa

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
I know Buddy. Alll newer AP from JF looks like this.. its shit! Look at my rubberclad newest version (V2) its a tower on the wrist. Same with my panda.. :/
b3530339e2105723550e7c01aaaa8043.jpg

Tompa

Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
1a7fd0869f2e4f429274bb62fb320f02.jpg

Tompa

Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
Its like a extra bezel.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
The caseback thickness is just one flaw in the long list of things wrong with any ROO rep with a modified A7750 sec@12 movement.
It is entirely possible to have an Asian clone LWO283 movement in theory, and beyond that, a clone A3126/3840 caliber. Look at what the rep makers have done with the A4130 clone movement for the Daytona. If that had been achieved, I don't see why the AP ROO clone movement is not possible.

dharma

F.a.i.g.a. addicted
13/11/14
The Hive
The caseback thickness is just one flaw in the long list of things wrong with any ROO rep with a modified A7750 sec@12 movement.
It is entirely possible to have an Asian clone LWO283 movement in theory, and beyond that, a clone A3126/3840 caliber. Look at what the rep makers have done with the A4130 clone movement for the Daytona. If that had been achieved, I don't see why the AP ROO clone movement is not possible.

Maybe law of supply and demand? Probably Ap is less requested and estimation of revenue is not satisfactory.......imho

tosoboso

I'm Pretty Popular
5/2/15
legend - I think that the DD module will be a nightmare to replicate, for any maker, let alone the chinese ones. That’s in addition to people’s preferences that lean heavily in the direction of other brands :(

Last edited:
Reactions: QueTip and legend

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Maybe law of supply and demand? Probably Ap is less requested and estimation of revenue is not satisfactory.......imho

Yes entirely this. Rolex being Rolex, the rep makers made the right decision to develop first the A3135 clone movement, and then the A4130.
AP unfortunately (or fortunately for gen purists) has a much smaller following and we are forced to live with an entire laundry list of flaws.
I will be the first to say that the genuine brand new AP ROOs are not worth the asking retail price, but when you know enough of the flaws of the rep version, some of us may take the plunge to finally own a version which is "flawless". I put that word in parenthesis because ironically, I have seen various little flaws and movement issues in the gens as well. No, gens are not 100% perfect either, it's a different game being played but not necessarily a better one, depending on how you look at it.

kami2112

Watchlover and Collector from Germany
30/7/12
Germany
Is the space necessary for the rotor or the movement or why did the choose this way?
Can the caseback easily be thinned?
Or do the older closed case back fit without issues??
Damn I want the watch, but not if it's bigger and higher than my baby wrist

Gesendet von meinem CLT-L09 mit Tapatalk

Tompa

Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
They have put decorated movement in there newer models so thats why they need a big caseback. If you slim the caseback you need to change the rotor, to a slimer one. And the new casebacks cant be trimed so mutch. Can only trim on the brushed suraface on caseback, And that is not mutch. :/

kami2112

30/7/12
Germany
They have put decorated movement in there newer models so thats why they need a big caseback. If you slim the caseback you need to change the rotor, to a slimer one. And the new casebacks cant be trimed so mutch. Can only trim on the brushed suraface on caseback, And that is not mutch. :/

Good to know.. Thx buddy for the input..
So what shall we do??

Reactions: Tompa

Tompa

Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
Good to know.. Thx buddy for the input..
So what shall we do??

The thing we should do is to stop buying there new roo’s.. and demand the fix this issue. I know its a lot more issues with AP replicas but i can live with everything else.. this flaw do so you cant wear the watch properly.. but its never gona happend Im afraid of.. so the second best is to give it to a modder and maybe he can do some magic to it and its wearable again?

Reactions: kami2112

kami2112

30/7/12
Germany
You r totally right....
So finally ..any news from our TDs ?
I am still Waiting for their reply ...

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

Garuda

I'm Pretty Popular
15/12/12
> the blue tachie color is off. the gen blue does not reflect light blue in light. small details along with list of other flaws.
> is this suppose to be the re-release or original? J seriel should use another date font? ;)

The thing we should do is to stop buying there new roo’s.. and demand the fix this issue. I know its a lot more issues with AP replicas but i can live with everything else.. this flaw do so you cant wear the watch properly.. but its never gona happend Im afraid of.. so the second best is to give it to a modder and maybe he can do some magic to it and its wearable again?

JF sells lots diver v9.5 and 15400. these sec@12 ROO will also sell quickly in their domestic market. rep forum is less than 5% business for rep makers Angus says
just remember noob and jf sold lots divers & ROO before the date font update. not everyone will fuss on the thickness

Reactions: androme

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
> the blue tachie color is off. the gen blue does not reflect light blue in light. small details along with list of other flaws.
> is this suppose to be the re-release or original? J seriel should use another date font? ;)

JF sells lots diver v9.5 and 15400. these sec@12 ROO will also sell quickly in their domestic market. rep forum is less than 5% business for rep makers Angus says
just remember noob and jf sold lots divers & ROO before the date font update. not everyone will fuss on the thickness
I agree with you.
Majority of the people who buy reps are ignorant of the flaws and they will snap up the BS advertisement statements the rep makers put forth and swallow them hook line and sinker and continue to give business to the factories.
Then there’s the category of buyers with knowledge of the flaws but they can accept them at the price range, or they will buy and mod them. So this category does not affect the factory business too.
If we take a good look, the percentage of guys who will actually boycott the rep until this or that is done, is very insignificant by comparison and this category of people do not affect the factory business at all. So despite the complaints and rants, nothing will change until the factory decides to improve or upgrade their products at their call (and not ours)

Currently, for anyone who wants a decent AP ROO or royal oak, gen or at least franken is the way to go. There is just no close substitute once you know what to look for, and you know the feeling of the gen strapped on your wrist and you get to admire the details and finish yourself. At that stage it’s never about trying to fool or impress someone else, but you entering AP paradise and taking a sip of the fabled ambrosia. Nothing else will do after that, even if you’re the only guy living on this earth and there’s nobody else to show off the watch to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kami2112

30/7/12
Germany
I agree with you.
Majority of the people who buy reps are ignorant of the flaws and they will snap up the BS advertisement statements the rep makers put forth and swallow them hook line and sinker and continue to give business to the factories.
Then there’s the category of buyers with knowledge of the flaws but they can accept them at the price range, or they will buy and mod them. So this category does not affect the factory business too.
If we take a good look, the percentage of guys who will actually boycott the rep until this or that is done, is very insignificant by comparison and this category of people do not affect the factory business at all. So despite the complaints and rants, nothing will change until the factory decides to improve or upgrade their products at their call (and not ours)

Currently, for anyone who wants a decent AP ROO or royal oak, gen or at least franken is the way to go. There is just no close substitute once you know what to look for, and you know the feeling of the gen strapped on your wrist and you get to admire the details and finish yourself. At that stage it’s never about trying to fool or impress someone else, but you entering AP paradise and taking a sip of the fabled ambrosia. Nothing else will do after that, even if you’re the only guy living on this earth and there’s nobody else to show off the watch to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wise and true words...

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

androme

Tímêlëšš
Supporter
Certified
21/8/17
Brexit
Nothing else will do after that, even if you’re the only guy living on this earth and there’s nobody else to show off the watch to.

If you ever find yourself alone on an island with your gen collection and get bored, feel free to send me one just for (bad word) and giggles. I can’t wait to one day own a gen based on all your posts I read. What’s your thoughts on second hand/pre loved APs versus a franken AP?

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
If you ever find yourself alone on an island with your gen collection and get bored, feel free to send me one just for (bad word) and giggles. I can’t wait to one day own a gen based on all your posts I read. What’s your thoughts on second hand/pre loved APs versus a franken AP?

lol, thank you for the kind words.

With regards to franken vs gen ROOs, this is my opinion but remember that it is subjective and I will encourage you to do your own research as well for a more complete picture. Lets compare the parts:

1. Dial: Almost all frankens I've seen, if not all, use the gen dial (except a couple of RB2s and special limited edition models), so in this aspect, the franken is as good as the gen.

2. Tachy: A lot of frankens use gen tachymeter rings, so again this will be 1:1. I have seen aftermarket and rep tachymeters in frankens too, and for these, the printing is a tell. Not a major one, but a tell if you know what to look for.

3. Hands: Now, this was a point of contention some time back. The gen ROO hands possess a distinct white gold shine and finish, and more importantly the hour and minute hands stack beautifully against each other. For rep and aftermarket hands, the finish, luster, geometry and the shape and size of the collective hands base look too flat and has an inaccurate appearance. It is a tell for those who know what to look for, and in real life, most people will look at the dial instead of the hands. Of course, if you are as resourceful as guys like flying-tommy and QueTip , just slap on gen hands to complete the look of the watch. So far, all rep and aftermarket and modded hands fall short vs the gen ones IMHO.

4. Case: When assembled, nobody will be able to reasonably call you out on the case in real life. This remains the bailiwick of Jurgenk and I will leave it to him to provide with more comments. Of course, flying-tommy has assembled the rose gold rubberclad and did the plating himself to impressive effect. He will be able to chime in this regard as well. Stripped apart, the bezel, midcase, and caseback of the gen and reps all differ in terms of internal structure, and the differences remain mostly unseen when watch is assembled. Without a gen and rep side by side, even the minute external differences will be unseen.

5. Crystal: To a select few, the later JF ROO crystals differ a lot from gen but for me, the stock crystal is good enough on a franken.

6. Cyclop: I use prof double AR cyclop on franken builds, and they emulate the H and later series very well. Good enough in a comparison vs gen side by side.

7. Datewheel: We get two aftermarket choices, the Mikey dw and the one I did with Edgematic. Both aren't perfect but either will serve. Mikey's modern font DW for frankens is very impressive though and among all the aftermarket datewheels for frankens, that is the most outstanding one that I have seen. Sadly this is not available anymore.

8. Movement: Now this is where the segregation for gens and frankens lays and why I don't wear frankens anymore. The gen 3126/3840 caliber is a beauty and the decoration and finish are inimitable. A personal preference is that I want instant date changes in any watch I wear, vs the roll-over date changes of say the ETA2824 and ETA2892. Yes, frivolous and pointless for most I concur, but something I prefer, even if I do not get to see the date snap over 99.9% of the time. The LWO283 movement, built upon the ETA2892 base, has a slight roll and snap change for the date. Of course, the finish, the decoration and the rotor all cannot be compared with the gen one. For closed caseback frankens, this of course will not matter.

9. Maintenance: Now this is where the franken edges out the gen IMHO. The franken needs relatively low-cost maintenance compared with the gen. Also, the resale value of the franken is generally better in terms of resale price/purchased price x 100%. For brand new gens, you typically lose about 20-30% from retail once sold as used.

With the above, you can decide if which route to go down. I agree with something yongsum said in another thread: Owning a gen AP (or any other gen watch) does not make you a better or more worthy person in life. It simply is a personal choice you make to enjoy a material possession in your own private capacity. For me, I do enjoy the finish and look of the gen caliber, which can only be admired when you take the watch off your wrist. If you just want a cool watch to look at and perhaps to test drive, owning a modded rep or franken will do. Remember that you wear the watch for you, and the opinions of others matter only when you choose to share pics of your watch and ask for opinions or advice. Else, this hobby is actually a very personal one: you choose for you and that is all that matters at the end of the day sir.