• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

And here it is, an almost perfect Omega Speedmaster Professional 'Moonwatch' Replica!

Hazel

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
1/10/12
Okay, here we go!

> My first message using their internet form:

'Dear Employees of chineseflair.com,

i have a question concerning your Omega Speedmaster Professional 'Moonwatch' - Ref. 35605000. You write that your replica has fully working sub-dials as found in the original Omega watch. But the depicted movement is obviously a Seagull ST-19 which is NOT a true 3-register movement. Further on, a ST-19 would not allow a sub-dial arrangement as it is shown in the picture of the front side. So my question is, what is the truth about your replica?

With best regards,

...'

> No response.

> My second message sent by e-mail:

'Dear Employees of chineseflair.com,

since a previous request by me using your internet form has not been answered so far, i would like to repeat it via e-mail.

I have a question concerning your Omega Speedmaster Professional 'Moonwatch' - Ref. 35605000. From the image of the back side i saw, that apparently a Seagull ST-19 movement is used, but a front side appearance as it is shown cannot be achieved by using such a movement. For the same reasons, completely working sub-dials as they are found in the original would not be possible. So what is the truth about your replica?

With best regards,

...'

> Their first answer from Susan Yang ([email protected]):

'Hi, ...:
Thanks for your email. This replica Omega moon watch has the best of everything as a replica. This movement is the best movement can put in this model. It is self-wind movement. and it has stop watch function, and date. they all working proper.
I am not sure what original Omega put in their Moon watches. But for replica, this is the best quality available. And we sold many so far, never had a complaint of this watch.

Regards
Susan'

> My second message via e-mail:

'Hi, Susan,

nice to see, that you hold your replicas in high esteem, but would it not be better to present correct images of your replicas? Otherwise, one might come up with the idea of thinking that this is a case of attempted deception.

With best regards

...'

> Susan's answer:

'The pictures are correct. That's the actual watch we have.'

---

Hmm, i would say, feel free to send further questions to '[email protected]'!

With best regards,

Hazel

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
Hazel, they are telling you what you want to hear. They would tell you a rep lange datograph was 1:1 if you wanted to hear it. ;)

Now just to add not every rep dealer on the net is a scam site, they all have different approaches, some will sell you $50 rep pictured at $500, others will sell you same reps as the dealers at +$100 or +$200 extra etc. Others will use gen photos to attract and sell you similar reps to the dealers, or worse a cheap rep or none at all, or perhaps a lucky dip?

I would imagine they are selling the st19 version that all the dealers have but it is a big no no using gen photos to sell reps. And it's more than clear they are using gen photos of the front mixed with some rep photos of st19 caseback etc. I would avoid immediately anyone using gen photos to advertise reps. As said above there is no perfect speedy rep unfortunately. If you look at one of the threads just below this you will see the some great modding of the reps available in order to get an accurate looking rep.