• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

And here it is, an almost perfect Omega Speedmaster Professional 'Moonwatch' Replica!

Hazel

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
1/10/12
Hello watch friends!!

originally, i planned to open just another thread concerning the age-old search for a perfect replica of the Omega Speedmaster Professional 'Moonwatch'. But then, yesterday, completely unexpected, i stumbled over a chinese web-site doing a google image search for Speedmaster replicas and all of a sudden, there it was, the almost perfect 'Moonwatch' replica! :snort:

The main features:

• Correctly arranged, satisfactorily recessed and completely working sub-dials (no hour repetition).

• Omega crown, pushers and domed sapphire glass (even original parts?).

• Apparently very good overall build quality.

• See-through sapphire glass back.

• Nicely looking mechanical movement (Seagull?)

• Correct labeling and tick marks.

And finally some pics:

http://chineseflair.com/index.php?m...D=347&zenid=1ba4 1c5f6ae7feb0f79f52d19a3d19ca

http://chineseflair.com/index.php?m...).jp g&zenid=1ba41c5f6ae7feb0f79f52d19a3d19ca

http://chineseflair.com/index.php?m...).jp g&zenid=1ba41c5f6ae7feb0f79f52d19a3d19ca

And now, i am really curious what you are thinking about it,

with best regards,

Hazel

txrob779

Mythical Poster
Supporter
27/4/07
I think you are looking at a gen watch pic myself. Trailboss should be able to tell us.
I dont think this exists

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Oke, someone got a little excited but mate, when you post links to an impossible rep being sold by a non trusted dealer as your first ever post people will think the worst. BTW, you put up four identical pics.

I think you are looking at a gen watch pic myself. Trailboss should be able to tell us.
I dont think this exists
Too right Rob, it's a gen. That subdial spacing is impossible with anything but a gen co-axial Omega MVT. In addition there is no working three register hand wind chrono used in reps. The new Sea-Gull three register ST-19 may be out soon but not yet. If they are saying that is a rep, they are full of it. :lies:

Hazel

Banned
1/10/12
Hmm...

Hello,

i guess my original post contained links to four different images before it was labeled as :goat:-spam, lol (i checked it). So, please find out the web-site on your own and have a look at the other pics (including a pic of the see-through back!!) and re-assess if it s a fake. By the way, firstly, it was my second post ever :lol: and secondly, there are some guys at RWG who made some good experiences with that company.

With best regards,

Hazel

PS.: 'Spamer'..., unbelievable..., i am a scientist, lol

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Odd, I restored the original post :thinking: No idea how that happened.

markh

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
14/1/10
Ok. I looked on the site. The first pic and the 3rd pic that show the watch bracelet are two different watches. The bracelets are different. The movement pic looks to be a rep movement but isn't the best angle to judge.

Hazel

Banned
1/10/12
Probably it s a gen pic..., but

I ve just sent an e-mail to the company with the request for an explanation of the front side pictures.

Hazel

JellyJoe

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/9/09
As a general statement, crown excluded, Moonwatch family all are 42mm, the 6-9-12 automatics are 40mm.
Some new models (co-axials and broad arrows) are slightly bigger, around 44.5mm, according to Omega descriptions.

acharria

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/10/09
I ve just sent an e-mail to the company with the request for an explanation of the front side pictures.

Hazel

LOL Really???

Please, post whatever they answer you!!
hahahaha can't wait to read that :stir::stir::stir::stir:

seriph

I'm Pretty Popular
27/8/11
Let me offer this as a possible response:

"yes yes in stock but not here right now to take more super-professional pictures for your delightment .... send money and we get for you 150% guarantee!!! Please tell us what optical power reading glasses you wear...this will help us to know which watch to select for your full happiness"

jamesfl

21/5/12

"yes yes in stock but not here right now to take more super-professional pictures for your delightment .... send money and we get for you 150% guarantee!!! Please tell us what optical power reading glasses you wear...this will help us to know which watch to select for your full happiness"

LOL. I got that email response before joining RWI.

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07

LMAO, I am blind, I trust you -150%. Here is my fake money. Thank you. :goat:

tracyl

22/4/11
This is a bogus seller. If you look at the 2nd picture, the pic of the movement, look at the crown and how it is not recessed. Then look at the 3rd pic, and see that the crown is recessed(this is a pic of a gen moonwatch). Also, the movement is an ST-1902 and the dial spacing in the pic is impossible. They are expecting someone that doesn't notice these things to buy it. Then when you get it, the dial spacing will be off. Trust me, this is a scam site. Stick to our trusted dealers. There is no rep seller that can sell you a "moonwatch" that has the correct dial spacing. Can't be done until there is a movement that has the correct dial spacing. Hope that helps anyone out there.

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09

PM sent. :lol:

txrob779

Mythical Poster
Supporter
27/4/07
Yup..... We have been over this time and time again. However, I am patiently waiting for the day when a really good, close rep makes it. Kinda like waiting on a sec@6 Tona to come too....