• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Amazing pics

Vric

Renowned Member
17/6/06
The Rep is the 2006 version while on the Omega Web site, it's the 2007 version

This is a very good rep, good choice.

cdzsmith

Renowned Member
22/4/07
CA
Rep on left, gen on right. When the rep is this good, at less than 1/10th the price, it's hard to justify keeping the gen (it's waterproof, too, at least for swimming purposes), so I sold mine.

IMHO, this is an EXCELLENT choice.

jiro

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
10/12/06
the new version you saw on omega website hasn't come out on rep yet.

but my friend, you have just bought one of the best rep. available! congratz! :wink:

:twisted:

Picture465.jpg

Picture.jpg

Picture638.jpg

b16a2

13/1/07
Congrats on the purchase, it truely is a brilliant rep! I prefer the older version to the new one that Omega have released.

26072007204.jpg

redbird

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/5/07
I have this as well (from Josh). A workmate has a gen (in white). The two are identical to our naked eyes.

paulV

4/11/06
This one and Breitling Navitimer TT best reps i have.
The Omega is my daily beater :D
You couldn't make a better choice, really!!!

amptor

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
1/5/07
rep and gen He valve line up at the 10 o'clock? interesting.. too bad the genuine non-chrono isn't like that

Vric

Renowned Member
17/6/06
amptor said:
rep and gen He valve line up at the 10 o'clock? interesting.. too bad the genuine non-chrono isn't like that

yes the Gen chrono actually have the HE aligned to 10 :lol:

amptor

Banned
1/5/07
wow that's most definitely a good find.

abat

28/8/07
UK
Joshua appears to have the 2007 "red" Seamaster no

Was just browsing Perfect Clones and Joshua appears to have the 2007 "red" SMP now. Waiting for delivery on the old one.

It might be my eyes or the photo but the Bezel alignment looks better. HE valve placement also looks a bit higher but that's probably just a combination of the angle of the photo, my eyes and wishful thinking.

EDIT: Having starred at it for a while I think it was just my eyes!

LastDiplomat

28/6/07
Re: Joshua appears to have the 2007 "red" Seamaste

cdzsmith1 said:
Rep on left, gen on right. When the rep is this good, at less than 1/10th the price, it's hard to justify keeping the gen (it's waterproof, too, at least for swimming purposes), so I sold mine.
To each his own, but I think the real reason to purchase a gen is for the excellent movement, quality assurance, and free servicing from Omega for three years. Three things you'll never get with a rep. But still, it's a very nice rep.

abat said:
Was just browsing Perfect Clones and Joshua appears to have the 2007 "red" SMP now....It might be my eyes or the photo but the Bezel alignment looks better. HE valve placement also looks a bit higher but that's probably just a combination of the angle of the photo, my eyes and wishful thinking.
Joshua has had that watch up for a little while now. It's hideously inaccurate -- and just plan hideous. We're not just talking about the valve placement or the bezel alignment (bezel looks ok; HE valve is still too low), but the pearl is an ugly green color, the red lettering is in the wrong place and looks very poor, and the Omega logo isn't correct for that model. To be honest, it looks more like a fantasy model made from spare parts. I've seen much more accurate reps of the new 2220.80 model sell for a fraction of his asking price (albeit with an Asian movement).

amptor

Banned
1/5/07
Excellent movement I'd agree, but at 1/10th of the cost, u could replace the watch several times if it breaks and still save money.

jr87492

Horology Curious
22/5/07
Where is this "perfect clones" site you speak of?

Appologize in advance for noob questions. Just wading thru the info gathering stage

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
Re: Where is this "perfect clones" site you speak

jr87492 said:
Appologize in advance for noob questions. Just wading thru the info gathering stage

It's stated on the first page. replace hxxp with http.

All in all, this is one of the most accurate Omega replica on the market. Bracelet can be easily replaced by leather strap, makes it even closer to the genuine.