• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AliExpress experiments - Non-watch products

silverfox47

Renowned Member
Certified
9/2/15
Cali
Glad to hear you got a nice leather cover, since there aren't many reviews. Did you look over a lot of them? I had my eye on an LV but just received my reply from the seller telling me that it is not leather it is PU.

I ordered this Montblanc leather passport cover on the 28th June and it arrived today. Feels really nice and it's good quality leather!

Not the greatest pics as they're just taken in my iPhone.

Link: ttp://www.aliexpress.com/item/Luxury-Brand-MB-Guarantee-Genuine-Leather-Passport-Cover-Credit-Card-Holder-Cover-To-Passport-Card-ID/32366743474.html?tracelog=ae-app-ios-sharefor-shkmail

ded5e68abcb913f04bdcc9f490d35b6a.jpg
4e04e4ba0ecf265d1c33702c5acfa60f.jpg
ea12f97e230b5fb15221d9c60b7e2e31.jpg
bf61a49d4b672bde71e7e285ba464d07.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jamieroquai

26/12/12
Glad to hear you got a nice leather cover, since there aren't many reviews. Did you look over a lot of them? I had my eye on an LV but just received my reply from the seller telling me that it is not leather it is PU.
Please let me know if you find a leather one! I'm also looking. If I see one I'll tell you of course

Easychair

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/6/15
guys what kind of oil do you use to oil your knifes?
The blade itself? Mineral oil that you can buy for a couple of bucks at the grocery store. It provides corrosion resistance and is food safe. For pivot points I go with a PTFE-based grease like what I'd use for metal-on-metal contact, like the moving parts of a gun, but CLP or something similar works as well.

image0r

14/11/14
I ordered a pair of air Jordan's. Always wanted a pair, just didn't want to spend 400 dollars.

yakon_88

Renowned Member
24/4/14
The blade itself? Mineral oil that you can buy for a couple of bucks at the grocery store. It provides corrosion resistance and is food safe. For pivot points I go with white lithium grease but CLP or something similar works as well.
Yeah my question was for the pivot itself. I know nothing about it. Do you eventually have some links where I could buy the grease?

FiloViridae

Advisor
Advisor
27/3/15
NYC
Kinda a random thing.. But building a watch, and bought a sterile watch casing! Steeper side.. It's 45, but it's perfect and well crafted.. Says its water tight, but I'll know once it's in the pressure system!
e5a6d746b820365fbb0d15a381ee317d.jpg

vigilantejosh

19/2/15
Great question. Only work around is if it looks good, add it to your wish list in Spanish and then go back in English in your wish list and make sure it's all okay!

But would love to know how to keep language one way or the other.
Use Google chrome?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

ProFound

17/8/14
The seller of the selfie stick with the button that doesn't work got mad at me for leaving 3 star feedback on the product. Sent me a message saying "You should've given me a chance before leaving that feedback. I'll give you a big discount on your next order if you change to positive feedback." But if the product doesn't work like it's supposed to, what am I supposed to do? I'm not gonna jump through hoops to rectify a problem with a $4 product. Oh well...

Easychair

30/6/15
Yeah my question was for the pivot itself. I know nothing about it. Do you eventually have some links where I could buy the grease?
This is what I use, but a 4 oz tube would be enough to lubricate thousands of knives. I've got a 1.5 oz tube that I've hardly put a dent in. Looks like you're in Belgium from a quick glance at your post history; they make some fine firearms over in Herstal. If you can find a sporting goods store with a similar type of lubricant I'm sure it will work.

I need to go back and correct my earlier post... it's not white lithium grease that you're after, although that would probably work reasonably well.

This is what I meant by CLP. It's an oil, so it's thinner, but I'm sure it would do the trick. The TW25B or similar would be my first choice, though.

jamieroquai

26/12/12
Usually when a product arrives and is not good or is malfunctioning, first thing is to contact the seller, and see if an arrangement can be made. Always worked for me

kermit_pl

21/5/15
Hi all, having read all 144 pages I decided to share my experiences with Aliexpress. So 2 months ago I ordered Beats Pro 2.0 White there:
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/pro...pping-DHL-top-quality/630663_32353727863.html
Shipment was amazing, because DHL was free and I got my headphones 3 days after orded! Also contact with seller was really ok, he has wide range of stuff available (I can give a link to his private site for interested).
Coming back to Beats - I'm pleased with the quality, they sound really nice, there was everything in a box as in gen ones. "Beat" isn't as tasty as in my previous Beats (wireless ones) but it's probably normal, because it's other type of headphones.
Photos: http://imgur.com/a/sPqEh

WilsonWilson

8/5/15
46bde1f2c0bef903cbbdff40064b020f.jpg

Jersey arrived today! Not super quality of course but ok

yakon_88

Renowned Member
24/4/14
This is what I use, but a 4 oz tube would be enough to lubricate thousands of knives. I've got a 1.5 oz tube that I've hardly put a dent in. Looks like you're in Belgium from a quick glance at your post history; they make some fine firearms over in Herstal. If you can find a sporting goods store with a similar type of lubricant I'm sure it will work.

I need to go back and correct my earlier post... it's not white lithium grease that you're after, although that would probably work reasonably well.

This is what I meant by CLP. It's an oil, so it's thinner, but I'm sure it would do the trick. The TW25B or similar would be my first choice, though.
Yep I live in Belgium and they do make some nice firearms. But I live in Brussels and actually never encountered such a club hmmm. I'll look around and see what I can find. But thanks anyway I can still order the tube in the meantime.

umirza85

12/6/15
Kinda a random thing.. But building a watch, and bought a sterile watch casing! Steeper side.. It's 45, but it's perfect and well crafted.. Says its water tight, but I'll know once it's in the pressure system!

Im planning on doing this also! At the same time will get a 6497 and try fully service it. I have all the tools minus the moebius oil. Can you send a link to that casing along with your pressure testing results?

As a side all the service guides uses multiple types of oil when servicing, is this something that needs to be followed or can I use the one type of moebius oil for watches?

umirza85

12/6/15
The seller of the selfie stick with the button that doesn't work got mad at me for leaving 3 star feedback on the product. Sent me a message saying "You should've given me a chance before leaving that feedback. I'll give you a big discount on your next order if you change to positive feedback." But if the product doesn't work like it's supposed to, what am I supposed to do? I'm not gonna jump through hoops to rectify a problem with a $4 product. Oh well...

I believe the sellers also leave you feedback. If you have lots of negative feedback in the future if you open a dispute I have a feeling that will weigh in on who's way that decision falls. Maybe doesnt matter now, but when you once choose that $50+ item and are not happy.

Lou88

Renowned Member
20/4/14
Has anyone found a decent travel case for watches?

dave2889

Renowned Member
7/10/14

Thanks buddy! I was only really looking for a MB one and there wasn't that many to trawl through. To be honest I didn't even ask the question if it was real leather, but the pics looked good (I know you can't always believe them) and the price reflected a product that was probably real leather (£15+). I definitely lucked out a bit...