• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Albie's PO 42mm franken project

jcagara08

I'm Pretty Popular
9/1/11
great project you got there going on, mad props
watch out for your wallet!

albiea

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/1/13
I got my precious today... I had to take a photo of it in it's unfranken form...

LKfg7Z1.jpg

One issue i'm having is with the band. The pins near the watch keep popping out. No biggie since i got a leather black/orange strap, coming in... but i do like the SS bracelet. I've got in touch with the TD before about it so i'll see what they say about it.

Other than that, no issues with the watch what so ever, the lume is great and no issues with the movement. I've been careful with screwing the crown back in cause i don't want to thread it.

Now just waiting for all the gen parts / watch tools to come in :)

correctime

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
28/5/11
Congrats on yet another Franken 2201.50. I've been after a project like this for almost 2 years now.
Installed the gen SEL's and clasp, case back, crown and tube and removed the outer AR on the crystal....then a much needed Rollie part came around and I sold it.

A week ago I thought I'd have it back in my hands to finish but alas...it made it as far as my Post Office and vanished.

I'm not sure about the HEV but as has already been mentioned, the trick to the gen tube going in the case is clean, clean, alcohol clean prepping and maintaining alignment while the tube is curing for 24 hrs. ( I used marine epoxy and it seemed to work well)

IMHO the gen SEL's, clasp, tube and crown are immediately necessary if you're planning to wear it right away.
The tube or crown threads strip out prematurely as does the clasp locking mechanism.
And the gen SEL's will eliminate that huge gap between the last link and the SEL :)