• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Airport Security and Travelling with / wearing a Replica watch

Killerqhk

Getting To Know The Place
29/6/22
I always carry 3 reps ( sub nodate/ yachtmaster/ day just) to US, Korea, Japan, Turkey, Vietnam. There is no problem and no one asks me. (One on wrist and two in checked luggage)

Reactions: TESLA760

PTwatchLover

Certified
29/8/22
Portugal
I wouldn’t travel with a rep
I never travel with reps or gens or any watches or fancy clothes. I don't like to stand out of the crowd when I'm not sure about my surroundings. The only valuable items I carry are cameras and lenses because I'm into photography.

MontreDeLune

Getting To Know The Place
15/8/21
France
I never travel with reps or gens or any watches or fancy clothes. I don't like to stand out of the crowd when I'm not sure about my surroundings. The only valuable items I carry are cameras and lenses because I'm into photography.
Really ? Don’t you have a cheap watch to travel with ? I personally travel with a modded g shock

PTwatchLover

Certified
29/8/22
Portugal
Really ? Don’t you have a cheap watch to travel with ? I personally travel with a modded g shock
No watch at all. Even the sunglasses are just a REALLY cheap pair I wouldn't mind loosing even though I love sunglasses and own several nice ones. But it's funny you mention the g shock because a couple of days ago I was checking what kind of models there were precisely to have a watch when I go on vacations. Do you recommend any? :) I had no idea there were so many g shock models!

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
I've traveled with gen and rep watches for years and never had an issue. Nothing like being on a yacht in Cabo

20180113_172306_zps2wa06ddp.jpg

PTwatchLover

Certified
29/8/22
Portugal
I've traveled with gen and rep watches for years and never had an issue. Nothing like being on a yacht in Cabo
Just to make my point more clear, I was talking about going on vacations and not having to worry about being robbed while site seeing some city that I don't know. I was not talking about airport security. I traveled a lot on business with gens and reps and never had issues of any sorts. (even when traveling in commercial airplanes and not on my private jet LOL)

Last edited:

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country
Just to make my point more clear, I was talking about going on vacations and not having to worry about being robbed while site seeing some city that I don't know. I was not talking about airport security. I traveled a lot on business with gens and reps and never had issues of any sorts. (even when travel in commercial airplanes and not on my private jet LOL)
I have the Hotel put them in their vault for me. I also use the safes inside the room.

rol_man

Respected Member
Supporter
Certified
25/7/08
Have travelled all continents and not once did I have an issue. As stated earlier, one or two reps won't be cause for alarm but if you carry several, it may raise some eyebrows.

CarpetRyd

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
20/3/17
I think the question should be what are you trying to travel with…. if it’s a franken tudor sub you should definitely sell it before you travel. Actually, I’ll do you a solid and we can setup a reserved m2m…

kidcreole

Supporter
Certified
27/7/13
Interesting watch on bringing watches to Dubai

Nico got taken out of the line when the scanner spotted watches. Pay up son!!
The days are over for me when I used to travel with watch rolls of "$100k+" contents. It's got nothing to do with being a rep or not. It's either the tax they'll try to hit you with or money laundering concerns. It's not worth the hassle.

Last edited:
Reactions: KGZ

g00n

Cunning linguist & Master debater
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
1/9/16
Travelled past October from UK to EU with a rep on my wrist, a rep on the missus wrist, 4 reps and 2 gens in backpack. No issues whatsoever going through security check. Not gonna lie was a little nervous about it…..
Nervous Episode 1 GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

OI812

17/3/06
I call BS. I’ve been all over the world with reps and gens and no one has ever even looked at my wrist unless I forget to take my watch off at the X-ray machine. One tip I have though is to throw whatever watch you have onto a leather/rubber strap or nato just to make it less flashy to protect from thieves.

^^^ this...100% ^^^

Reactions: code_66

mmaggi

Renowned Member
17/2/22
New York, USA
Last summer I traveled to Italy (in & out of Malpensa airport, Milano) with a rep Daytona 116500 black dial, rep Hulk & a gen 16710 GMT-II. Nobody gave a crap. Nobody paid attention or any mind to me. You know why? Because it's insignificant!

I would love to know who spreads all this mindless stupidity and fear mongering. What a load of horsesh!t.

0mkx

Do not accept unsolicited offers
31/12/22
US
I always carry a rep of a warranty card and a copy of someone else’s receipt just in case they want proof of authenticity
Now if someone at the airport does question your watch and decides to have it checked to see if it's counterfeit... Is it really worth it also providing fake documentation and using someone else's receipt as your own? I think it's best to just deal with the fine and move on instead of risking more charges or fines for presenting fake docs

kidcreole

Supporter
Certified
27/7/13
Last summer I traveled to Italy (in & out of Malpensa airport, Milano) with a rep Daytona 116500 black dial, rep Hulk & a gen 16710 GMT-II. Nobody gave a crap. Nobody paid attention or any mind to me. You know why? Because it's insignificant!

I would love to know who spreads all this mindless stupidity and fear mongering. What a load of horsesh!t.
That’s 50 to 80k worth of taxable income or monies once sold to fund gangs or terrorist cells. Forget about whether it’s a rep that is insignificant. I live in uae and the hoops I need to jump through to transfer cash anywhere is nuts but you think you can come and go with “100k” worth of watches? I don’t understand why you guys think it’s so absurd?

Reactions: KGZ

mmaggi

Renowned Member
17/2/22
New York, USA
At Malpensa I was wearing my gen GMT 16710 and had to pass through the metal detector twice because I forgot to take off my watch and jacket. In my carry on were my 2 reps.

I said to the security guard in Italian that I better see my Rolex that I placed in the bin and the 2 watches in my carry on on the other side otherwise I'm going to raise hell. He didn't even blink an eye. LOL! They don't care!

• Haha
Reactions: PTwatchLover