• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AI VC American1921 Historiques

pam63C

Supporter
Certified
12/2/23
Asia
Any details on this hand-wind movement used ? Is it reliable ?

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
Any details on this hand-wind movement used ? Is it reliable ?
It feels a bit soft. It feels very light to wind but not what I would call buttery smooth. I was afraid to overwind it so no idea of PR but so far keeping time and retaining PR. It is a beauty to look at.

flashu

Tequila Patron
Supporter
Patron
Certified
5/2/22
EU
I just got it and it measures 9.5mm. It looks a lot thicker than it actually is.

Congrats!

Just saw it on Sead gram, how do you find it after wearing for almost a month? Really tempted on ss version

Reactions: C Master

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
Congrats!

Just saw it on Sead gram, how do you find it after wearing for almost a month? Really tempted on ss version
I think it is a thing of beauty. It takes a bit of getting used to telling the time. I still cannot do that at a glance.

flashu

Tequila Patron
Supporter
Patron
Certified
5/2/22
EU
I think it is a thing of beauty. It takes a bit of getting used to telling the time. I still cannot do that at a glance.

Thanks, sure thing she's nice, as for telling the time on a quick glance who cares with this beauty :D, wear it in good health I might order one along 2024

Last edited:

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
Did you upgrade the leather strap?
No that is the one that came with it. It is a 22mm I have tons of 20mms but too few 22mm straps. It is not bad for a rep strap. High shine but needed a lot of softening.

Reactions: rockdaytona

rockdaytona

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
17/12/19
Parts Unknown
No that is the one that came with it. It is a 22mm I have tons of 20mms but too few 22mm straps. It is not bad for a rep strap. High shine but needed a lot of softening.
I heard it wears more like a 42mm than a 40mm? That might be a deal breaker for me

Horace_Derwent

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
7/1/13
Cyberspace
You won't believe it, but i bought a 22 mm red alligator strap 'non curved lugs' and it won't fit my AP Millenary.

The 1921 has straight lugs it seems, so now it is a must have (y)

Reactions: rockdaytona

susu

Looking Around
1/5/20
That rose gold version looks really good. If they made the 36.5mm model, I'd be sold

alexz

Looking Around
15/3/24

You won't believe it, but i bought a 22 mm red alligator strap 'non curved lugs' and it won't fit my AP Millenary.

The 1921 has straight lugs it seems, so now it is a must have (y)
Original 1921 has curved lugs, but I don't know for the rep...