• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Advice on where to sell a car?

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
Since you are all my brothers and have never steered me wrong, I thought I'd ask here for advice.
I'm selling my daughter's 2002 Beetle Double Yellow Color Concepts Limited Edition with 82,000 miles on it. They only made 2000 of these world-wide, so it's a bit of a "collectors" car for those enthusiasts out there.
We've owned it 7 years and have done all the maintenance, etc, and the car is truly in near-showroom condition.

So my question: Where is (are) the best place(s) to advertise this car in order to attract the true enthusiasts who will recognize that this car should demand a premium? AutoTrader? eBay? Craigslist? Any ideas?

Thanks guys!

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
FYI - This is what the car looks like: Ours is getting a full detail right now, then I'll have pics and be ready to put it up for sale later this week.
DoubleYellowCC.jpg

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
Craigslist is the cheapest way but IMO there are too many weirdo's with no money on that site. I had good luck with eBay selling my Alfa Spider a few years ago. I'm in California and a guy who lives in New York bought and even paid to transport across country.

That's a real sporty car you have btw...Good Luck with the sale. You shouldnt have any prob since it looks like a one of a kind car.

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
Thanks Cybee!
I kinda was leaning away from Craigslist, so I'm glad you confirmed my gut feeling.
I guess maybe eBay might be best, as long as I set the reserve price fairly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vert

2/9/09
Only use craigslist as a last resort

Auto Trader might be worth a shot but depends on where you're located. craigslist will get you every half wit scam artist from Zimbabwe to South Tallahassee emailing you with the fake cashiers check broken English spiel. eBay will get you the most people actually looking for something like that. If you start the auction low put a reserve on it but mention what the reserve is in the description. Too many auctions with a reserve just mean the seller is way overestimating the actual value of the car. Good luck to you.

Thanks Cybee!
I kinda was leaning away from Craigslist, so I'm glad you confirmed my gut feeling.
I guess maybe eBay might be best, as long as I set the reserve price fairly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk