• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Advice on Noob Rolex DSSD

Tommyv5

I'm Pretty Popular
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
6/2/07
Ordered and paid for 2-ETA clone BP DSSD from Ryan and he says now they are out of stock.He is offering the Noob version same ETA CLONE movement as an alternative and they are about $90 cheaper per watch. Is the Noob worth getting instead of the BP? Any owner opinions on the Noob DSSD? Any pics and advice appreciated,I have BP subs and I think they are great and wanted their version of the DSSD.

Thank you

kayabun

25/11/11
Get a refund 1st. I paid 2 TDs and they ask me to choose for noob instead as BP DSSD uncertain restock will be when. I chose for a refund and just wait till the stock comes. It's up to u though

Mike116

I'm Pretty Popular
20/11/12
Back of beyond
Hey Tom.I've had a couple of each and both have their strengths.rehaut engraving can be a problem on BP so have a good look at them when you look at QC pics as they can be crooked and not very deep.bracelet can be poorly finished also but the insert and dial plus lume are pretty good.noob has better bracelet and rehaut but not so good insert.for the 90$ saved I'd have no problem with noob

bht0504

28/9/13
I got a Noob DSSD from BK awhile back and it was impressive. I'm not exactly sure what the differences are for the "out of box" version and BK's but I'm sure it's still pretty nice.

MrSteed

Known Member
10/3/12
The BP crystal sucks - cloudy in sunlight. BP dial is not very accurate - markers too large. Bezel tightness is hit or miss. Pearl will also fall off unless you re glue it first. Not sure about the noobs strengths/weaknesses. I just got a gen dssd.

User_Error

Renowned Member
18/5/11
Middle of Nowhere, Kansas
i have the noob v6.1, have worn it daily for over a year. it has been bullet proof as far as reliability. it is a a2836 and it currently running -2/day. the case and bracelet are very well made, dial is pretty damn close. the only problem i have with it is the bezel insert. the insert has incorrect triangle, thin hour numbers and the pearl is less than stellar. that being said, you can hardly notice on the wrist. my advice would be to take the noob and buy a bp insert and swap them. then you will have a damn fine dssd.

Tommyv5

I'm Pretty Popular
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
6/2/07
That really helps,I would like to thank everyone for taking the time out to answer,thank you very much.