• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

About to order a 42mm PO, need dealer suggestions.

Wc0wS

Known Member
16/4/11
I'm in India at the moment so that kind of changes up my choices. Josh seems to have the older dial variation with the omega logo sitting too close to the lettering and Tony won't answer my emails.

So here's who I'm looking at so far

1.Josh
2. Mary
3. Tony
4. Toro Bravo (thinking of going with him)
5. Lay

Who would u guys say? I need someone who would help me out incase my clasp broke too because some dealers I know aren't good with QC.

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
I think you'd be fine with any of the above, all are long established dealers. Not all in the trusted list here but all are trusted across the various fora.

Also I think all of the 42mm Omegas are of the newer variety now from the factories, the old 'logo too close' has pretty much been sold on at this stage.

Toro is fine, and has absolutely great QC pics and fast shipping so you can't go wrong with him. By the way I was going to buy one off Toro or Tony recently but went with Lay in the end simply because he is cheapest. I can say Lay is very thorough with QC, he is patient and will stick with you until you are happy. Best of luck whoever you decide to get it from!

P4GTR

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
9/9/07
Just to confuse things for you more, MR is who I got mine from, and the QC was awesome as always. Even waterproof tested it.

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
Also I think all of the 42mm Omegas are of the newer variety now from the factories, the old 'logo too close' has pretty much been sold on at this stage.

Look at the logo on my Gen dial. It is pretty close to the "OMEGA".
IMAG0497.jpg

And if you should need help from a Mod during your transaction, use a TD from RWI. :)

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
Look at the logo on my Gen dial. It is pretty close to the "OMEGA".

Looks really good, Q5, I thought you had a 45mm before, or do you have both?

I agree the gen 42mm has the logo pretty close, under 1mm, but when the first reps of the 42mm came out the logo was right on top of the lettering, and everybody complained that it was too close... no gap whatsoever, the latest ones have a gap that is too big :) we can't win. :) The newer rep dials do seem a little bit more balanced due to the wider spacing though. It seems to be a very subjective thing. Why they couldn't get it exactly right when the made the new modifcations is anyones guess!

Robbo73

27/5/11
Lay just got access to more stock the other day - good price service, QC pics and comms as you'd expect from any RWI TD. Mines on it's way...very excited.

Bomba

I'm Pretty Popular
20/4/08
Don't forget Hont.... Guy has been consistently great.

tolis

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
24/8/09
go with mary!!!!!i had buy many times from her!and mutch cheap!!!!

Wc0wS

Known Member
16/4/11
Who would have fastest shipping to India?

I'm trying to get it before 7th july (my birthday) so I can wear it with my new clothes :D

Btw I can't find which site is Mary.. is it watch-international.com?

atowatchgeek

Horology Curious
19/3/11
I just ordered one through Toro, will post pics once it arrives. I've had good experience with Angus in the past, but with different watches.

Wc0wS

Known Member
16/4/11
I've contacted both Toro and Marvelous now but the huge problem I'm facing is payment. I have an Indian debit card with Visa but the stupid laws here don't let you wire transfer money out of the country... wtf?

atowatchgeek

Horology Curious
19/3/11
I've contacted both Toro and Marvelous now but the huge problem I'm facing is payment. I have an Indian debit card with Visa but the stupid laws here don't let you wire transfer money out of the country... wtf?

I used PayPal with Toro, can you not use PayPal in India either?

Wc0wS

Known Member
16/4/11
I used PayPal with Toro, can you not use PayPal in India either?

Unfortunately no. I have to make a special type of bank account and fill out a BUNCH of paperwork and then wait like 2 weeks. No wonder people want to leave this country.

My US paypal account has about $180 on it; Toro said I could get the 4813 version for that but I'm not interested in a movement like that :(

drbollocko

I'm Pretty Popular
12/11/10
I don't know what you are going to do about the visa debit card....but why can't yo just get someone you know to put some dollars into your US PP acc, then you can purchase from whoever you want without any card issue?

idontknow

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
24/5/11
Southwest
Unfortunately no. I have to make a special type of bank account and fill out a BUNCH of paperwork and then wait like 2 weeks. No wonder people want to leave this country.

My US paypal account has about $180 on it; Toro said I could get the 4813 version for that but I'm not interested in a movement like that :(

It's quite humorous that those that live here in the US and really dislike this country have never had to experience such controls like many do elsewhere. ...

I second getting a friend in the US to put some funds into your US PP account. It will probably be your best/easiest solution to all of this.

Wc0wS

Known Member
16/4/11
I don't know what you are going to do about the visa debit card....but why can't yo just get someone you know to put some dollars into your US PP acc, then you can purchase from whoever you want without any card issue?

I didn't have that many friends in the states that I could rely on, they were just "goof around" friends and I didn't have anyone who I could call incase of need. Sad story but that's the reason. I guess I could ask my parents but come on, what 21 year old guy studying a professional course does that?

It's quite humorous that those that live here in the US and really dislike this country have never had to experience such controls like many do elsewhere. ...

I second getting a friend in the US to put some funds into your US PP account. It will probably be your best/easiest solution to all of this.

Indeed! I wish those people whom you speak of would stay in another country for a year; then they would see the difference.

levelmanroger

Mythical Poster
Patron
Certified
1/10/08
Texas
Have you asked if any members here have experience with shipping a rep into India? How tight are Customs there?

Have you asked the dealers if there is any problem shipping to India? Will they guarantee delivery?

Wc0wS

Known Member
16/4/11
Have you asked if any members here have experience with shipping a rep into India? How tight are Customs there?

Have you asked the dealers if there is any problem shipping to India? Will they guarantee delivery?

I couldn't find any info on India in any of the 3 forums. I think most people in India would just prefer to get a Mumbai rep instead of seek out a forum.

MR said they will ship once and if it's seized, then they will ship another one but if it's seized again, they will "not resend or refund" but there "usually is no problem"

Toro said he will send it once and if its seized he will refund me; but his watch ends up being $40 more expensive

Lay is sold out and not expecting for 2-4 weeks.

I could ship it to my USA address but I live in DFW, one of the custom seizure hotspots. What terrible luck!!

Finally money transfer is still an issue.