• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

a7750 minute had moves when bumped

NoTimeToPepper

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/5/18
Any ideas what's the issue with new rep with A7750 movement. Setting minute hand is difficult, it seems to be fuzzy about area where minute had is set manually and where it is when the watch starts to run. Minute hand also moves about one minute when bumped. So it can show half a minute more or less from the correct time.

What can cause this kind of issue? Will it get worse over time? Is there easy fix?

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Any ideas what's the issue with new rep with A7750 movement. Setting minute hand is difficult, it seems to be fuzzy about area where minute had is set manually and where it is when the watch starts to run. Minute hand also moves about one minute when bumped. So it can show half a minute more or less from the correct time.

What can cause this kind of issue? Will it get worse over time? Is there easy fix?

There is no fix , thats the way the 7750 is designed , it has an offset seconds pinion , and a transfer gear to the minute hand , thus the slop

Reactions: NoTimeToPepper

NoTimeToPepper

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/5/18
Ok, thanks! It doesn't bother much, I was just afraid it might be a sign of something about to break and needing taking care of.

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Ok, thanks! It doesn't bother much, I was just afraid it might be a sign of something about to break and needing taking care of.

No, its just play between the gears .

When i set mine i usually set the time past the correct time then run the minute hand backwards to the correct time so it is on the pressure side of the gear ....if that makes sense

Reactions: NoTimeToPepper