• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

a7750- Crown won't go back in! HELP

frigpig

Ghost of Sales Mod Past
Advisor
16/8/09
Like you released it from the movement and it won't slip back in the keyless, or you pulled it out to set the time and it won't go back in?

What position is it in right now. ie, what happens when you turn the crown? Hands move, date moves, nothing?

JC7

Put Some Respect On My Name
15/6/10
released it from the movement and it won't slide back in the movement..

frigpig

Ghost of Sales Mod Past
Advisor
16/8/09
Ahhhhhhhhhhh...

DON'T PRESS TOO HARD!

Face down look at the back.

The depressor is only to release it NOT to put it back in. (I did this the first time and royally screwed up my keyless by jamming it back in.)

Line it up, and while slowly turning the crown back and forth GENTLY push it back in and it will snap back in just like a good Pam CG. :)

If it doesn't you can send it to whoever does your watch work as the keyless is more that likely donkeypunched.

JC7

15/6/10
i was using the depressor to push it back in and I was using a lot of force. :facepalm:

frigpig

Ghost of Sales Mod Past
Advisor
16/8/09
Ahh well, live and learn. :biglaugh:

epic_fail.jpg

frigpig

Ghost of Sales Mod Past
Advisor
16/8/09
Double post. Accident. :(

BTW J, I reread my post and it sounds really mean. Sorry, all in fun. I know it sucks.

SMIDSY

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
15/9/09
J got pics? you may have fudged the key-less up - easily done....

it may be possible to release the depressor if it's stuck down.... or even repair the key-less (relatively easy fix)....

trksh-bzr

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/9/09
arh man, I did that once on a 2836, the depressor got stuck pressed down... :facepalm:
a week later I learned how to fix a 2836 keyless by just trying :)

but then, I'd much rater take the hands off a 2836 mwt than a 7750... so getting the dial off a crono watch, for me, would just mean messing up the subdial hands. better think if you really wanna just do it yourself??

SMIDSY

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
15/9/09
the 2836/2824 & 2892 it's REALLY easily done....

J try repairing your key-less :) if trk and I can do it :whistle:

btw trk I dont get your sig... at.... all....

trksh-bzr

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/9/09
no ofcourse, it just appeared by itself........oh I'm talking to a priest, you might actually believe that :lol:

budo

Known Member
28/7/09
Hey SMIDSY, is there a key-less fix tudo somewhere (search didn't help me)?

I can see myselft getting into the same kind of trouble as OP in the future, so a lesson in fixing it would be appreciated :thumbsup:

SMIDSY

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
15/9/09
I dont think there is..... unfortunately.... try emailing Francisco I thought there was one in his section but I cant see it :( sorry!

JC7

15/6/10
You guys were very helpful on this and I appreciate the responses. Unfortunatley at this point a trip to the watch maker is necessary. That being said I had 2.5 Hublot Big Bangs broken apart on my desk yesterday and besides the crowns have them put back together. :)

SMIDSY

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
15/9/09
Not bad JC :) modding were we? :)

JC7

15/6/10
attempting to mod.. at this point you my modding = throwing money down the toilet. LOL