• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

A thread for Noobs...or I shall call me a beginner?

TheReplicator

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/9/21
The forum has been less welcoming than when I just joined.

A forum is for the purpose of sharing information not for putting people down

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yep, there is a lot of snobbishness that one can feel

momokurai

1/2/22
Welcome to this section of the forum. To answer your question can be summed in the following:

1. If you want a perfect rep there aren't any. There are only a handful of models that have the clone movement which is commonly known as 15400 and 15500.

2. Looking at your wishlist of models, most of them come with complications such as the chronograph. They are bad reps with unfavorable thickness. At this stage only look for your standard 3 hand with date watches. Still need time for factories to come up with a good clone movement for chronograph which the Daytona has with the 4130. We are still waiting for our "4130" breakthrough

3. Common mods will be acquiring a gen dial because the dial of AP is very difficult to replicate due to the complexity of the creation for the dial. Gen dials can be found in ebay or chrono24 but do your due diligence first.

So TLDR, if you want to have a solid first hand experience with an AP rep, go with the 15500 produced by APS or ZF. I learnt from reading this forum is that your aim of wearing an AP watch is for novelty purposes. Enjoy

TheReplicator

14/9/21
So TLDR, if you want to have a solid first hand experience with an AP rep, go with the 15500 produced by APS or ZF. I learnt from reading this forum is that your aim of wearing an AP watch is for novelty purposes. Enjoy
Yep, from what I've read, it seems that primarily 15703 and secondly 15500 (black and blue) are the best picks.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Yep, from what I've read, it seems that primarily 15703 and secondly 15500 (black and blue) are the best picks.
I will reverse that order personally. I’ll place the APSF 15500 over the ZF 15703. Out of the box, the ZF 15703 will have the better dial but the APSF serves as an excellent base for a better dial (and datewheel) to be put into it. The quality of the clone 4302 movement and instant date change helps put it over the 2824 equipped 15703 for me.
Both are good replicas but if I’m to pick one it’ll be the APSF 15500 any day.

DustyDude

No, I dont need it - but I want it....
Supporter
Certified
21/6/22
Switzerland
I ended up with a ZF V2 and ASPF.
Currently with Nik being modded.

15400 and 15500.

Lets see how they turn out :)

Reactions: momokurai