• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

A tale of two Tudors.

369mafia

Resident Explorer Expert
Patron
Certified
7/7/15
Canada
A month or so ago I reached out to @jelliottz to see if he still had his Tudor

He did , but it was in pieces and missing parts. I said I would take it and he sent it over to me.
Thanks again Bud!

With the idea of using these parts to complete my 1019 Milgauss with a proper 38mm case. Years ago during my Milgauss build, I did source a Gen Jumbo case set and found that the Yuki Dial did not fit without heavy mods to the case.

My logic was that a rep Tudor Jumbo wont be to exact spec as most reps arent, so I thought maybe...just maybe the yuki dial will fit this case.

Sad to report. It does not. Surprised but not surprised.... so what do you do? You build a Tudor Jumbo.

He had misplaced the hands, so originally I was going to use a set of date just hands, however after closer study, the hand on the jumbos are very straight. and I had just the thing. the OFrie hands I originally had on my Commando. They are similar in appearance to the gen examples and they were aged to match the lume on the dial ,

buttoned it up and voila!!

KsNDoP.jpeg
[/url]

The dial is a silvery grey sunburst and then when the lights hit it just right its woah!! 🤩🤩🤩

Last edited:

369mafia

Resident Explorer Expert
Patron
Certified
7/7/15
Canada
Then a parts order arrived from raffles ,

I recently built a milsub and put it up for sale in the M2M and there were no takers.

so I went back to the lab to switch it up a bit.
First I swapped in a low dome crystal , it sits a bit lower than expected but its an improvement over the super dome that it comes with.
Then I thought I would switch it up some and go with a 94110 date in blue.

This dial from raffles is much nicer than his 29mm no date dial better color, better print, date window fits eta perfect, no dwo.

aged the lume and even gave the dial a light dusting of weathering paint, but the crystal hides alot of it.

Faded the blue insert as per @Caboose technique using bleach and steel wool. He forgot to mention the heat released from the chemical reaction. The insert came out pretty good. The insert looks pretty ghosty in the pics but its a nice like faded blue tone. and pairs nicely with the toasted almond lume color .

Assembly finished and completed with a new light camel leather nato.

Overall its pretty cool to be able to knock out two watches off my bucket list in a week.
As always, comments and questions welcome.

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:

est4129

Supporter
15/9/18
Amazing work! I was collecting parts for a Jumbo build but could never find a suitable case. Ended up going gen.

Reactions: 369mafia

jelliottz

11/7/13
A month or so ago I reached out to @jelliottz to see if he still had his Tudor

He did , but it was in pieces and missing parts. I said I would take it and he sent it over to me.
Thanks again Bud!

With the idea of using these parts to complete my 1019 Milgauss with a proper 38mm case. Years ago during my Milgauss build, I did source a Gen Jumbo case set and found that the Yuki Dial did not fit without heavy mods to the case.

My logic was that a rep Tudor Jumbo wont be to exact spec as most reps arent, so I thought maybe...just maybe the yuki dial will fit this case.

Sad to report. It does not. Surprised but not surprised.... so what do you do? You build a Tudor Jumbo.

He had misplaced the hands, so originally I was going to use a set of date just hands, however after closer study, the hand on the jumbos are very straight. and I had just the thing. the OFrie hands I originally had on my Commando. They are similar in appearance to the gen examples and they were aged to match the lume on the dial ,

buttoned it up and voila!!

KsNDoP.jpeg
[/url]

The dial is a silvery grey sunburst and then when the lights hit it just right its woah!! 🤩🤩🤩

Nicely done! Happy to see the Jumbo finally brought to life. Enjoy it!

Singapore9

Renowned Member
Patron
9/8/10
Tudor brother @369mafia - Is that a metal-ringed pearl or do my eyes deceive me? Hopefully the latter as you know metal-ringed pearls make the sweet baby Jesus cry ;)

Is that Raffles dial a 26mm? Looks a nice deep blue under the crystal! Interested in a link... not that I need yet another dial but it would be a good comparison shot with my BV, Chad, MQ, GENs, etc!

• Haha

369mafia

Resident Explorer Expert
Patron
Certified
7/7/15
Canada
Tudor brother @369mafia - Is that a metal-ringed pearl or do my eyes deceive me? Hopefully the latter as you know metal-ringed pearls make the sweet baby Jesus cry ;)

Is that Raffles dial a 26mm? Looks a nice deep blue under the crystal! Interested in a link... not that I need yet another dial but it would be a good comparison shot with my BV, Chad, MQ, GENs, etc!
Haha it is.

No its the 29mm option

Reactions: Singapore9

Singapore9

Renowned Member
Patron
9/8/10
Of course it is - can see how far the date window is from the hash marks now - thanks for the clarification! Nice build!

Whilst I am a Tudor Sub man at heart, as we all know... I freaking love that Jumbo! Looks great!