• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

A simple way to open Rolex case back...

CARTIERSANTOS

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
8/12/13
Hi everyone

Maybe You know that tip...
If You do not have a tool for opening Rolex case back, You can use this simple tip.
All You need is :
À piece of metal long enough
Super Glue

You glue like the picture and then any caseback won't resist You.

Then You pull off the metal piece and remove easily the glue on caseback by scratching...
Hope this will help a lot of members. Bye
ee7605fefb6e1b840b89b96ca9bb3f44.jpg

Envoyé de mon E2333 en utilisant Tapatalk

Radman

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
6/12/13

chris3007

Mythical Poster
24/8/13
I have bought that set from aliexpress, and it's good enough for $20

2fa4ac10c917adba00edaca79c620a81.jpg

Sent from my iPhone 6

Nikoteen

I'm Pretty Popular
12/5/12
I have that exact set that came complete... I used it to open a long time stuck sub can back... Works a treat... Yep $20-$25 on Ali.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Remove the glue by scratching? If you did employ this crazy method wouldn't acetone be easier?

Reactions: Labedudel

colt45gto

Renowned Member
22/12/10
wow really? i mean i am heavy handed but whats wrong with a bit of inside out rolled tape or a bouncy ball cut in half?

Hi everyone

Maybe You know that tip...
If You do not have a tool for opening Rolex case back, You can use this simple tip.
All You need is :
À piece of metal long enough
Super Glue

You glue like the picture and then any caseback won't resist You.

Then You pull off the metal piece and remove easily the glue on caseback by scratching...
Hope this will help a lot of members. Bye
ee7605fefb6e1b840b89b96ca9bb3f44.jpg

Envoyé de mon E2333 en utilisant Tapatalk

Reactions: Watch-addict

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
I bought a set at Harbor Freight Tools. I really don't want to superglue my watch.

scottb57

Renowned Member
25/1/15
Just curious, did you actually buy this? I just bought one off of amazon that looked similar, and came from China. But when i got it, it had no box and no wrench. Just 6 chucks in a zip lock bag.

Crap... Really? I just bought one on Amazon that looked exactly like the picture posted. If I don't get a complete set with wrench they will be in for a swift return. ;)

Champagne iH

4/1/14
I bought Rolex caseback openers. Sadly the largest is about 1 mm too small for a Sub-C and nowhere near big enough for a DSSD.

I'll rubber ball them if needed in the future.

What shall we have? An '82 Margaux! Is it any good? Good....?, It will make you believe in God!

SUMIKITO

Supporter and Senior Purveyor of YouTube News
Supporter
5/4/13
San Marino, California
That my friends is the most primitive way to open a Rolex caseback. Why oh why my dear Rolex guys cant you buy a cheap legitimate Rolex caseback opener for around $25 bucks. And they are EVERYWHERE to be found !! Geeez !! You spend for lots of other more costly things and you go the caveman way to do things. Would you use a hammer and chisel and a kitchen knife to do work on your car. Why oh why oh why !! :thud:And again ! :thud:

CARTIERSANTOS

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
8/12/13
Please notice that I agree with all the things you said.

My point is : "In case you do not have all the right tools, and you just can't wait ..."
bye

Radman

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
6/12/13
Crap... Really? I just bought one on Amazon that looked exactly like the picture posted. If I don't get a complete set with wrench they will be in for a swift return. ;)

The one I bought came from the seller YXGOOD. Hope you have better luck than me.

ooarr

I'm Pretty Popular
23/12/14
Oh dear! I thought my socket wrapped in a rubber glove was crude! xD

scottb57

Renowned Member
25/1/15
The one I bought came from the seller YXGOOD. Hope you have better luck than me.

Same seller, I managed to get a full set with a box and wrench, but the 29.5mm chuck is too small to fit any of my casebacks. Broke out the digital calipers and the diameter actually measures 29.36mm. :trollhard:

Already packaged up and ready for drop off at UPS on my way home from work!