• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

A P Replica. Is this site safe????

Moinsen

Horology Curious
14/1/11
Hello everyone,

Since I am new to the forum i would like to say hello in this way. I only got into watches lately and as i am sure you all know. The nice watches out there cost a bloody bomb.

I really want a A P but a real one is just too much for my current budget.

So after a bit of research i have found this website. Also i have someone in China who could go and pick it up in person, so he can have a final look at it before buying it.

However, a friend told me about this forum and said that i should ask for a bit more information on replica watches here.
So, here is the link with a number of watches that i am thinking of buying.

Can you guys with a bit more experience have a look and let me know what you think.
http://s.taobao.com/search?q=offshore+royal+oak&commend=all&filter=reserve_price[2000,6000]&ssid=s5-e&start_price=2000&end_price=6000

This is the one in particular that i would like:
http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=1976868141

Any comments are very much appreciated.

Thank you very much in advance.

Olaf

Dan_lie

21/10/10
Hi there!

That one is a secs@9 version, there is a sec@12 available with is more true to the genuine.

trksh-bzr

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/9/09
do you think that is very very cheap??
and do you know where i china they have their stuff?-you know someone in china is like I know someone in africa, right?
anyway, I'd stick with the trusted dealers no matter what happened.
I jst checked, 3200 yuan is like just short of 500$, so what's the benefit?

Moinsen

Horology Curious
14/1/11
Thanks so far,

The dude in china has been to visit these guys before and bought a watch there himself. All i meant was that i have someone to look at it before buying.

I much rather use an approved (by you guys) shop.

Where should i have a look to find a decent one?
Will they ship to Europe?

Also i thought 500 GBP is ok for a proper replica. (meaning it is a replica piece by piece) using same parts just not assembled in Switzerland and no documentation.

What is a fair price for a good replica?

Thank you guys for your replies.

Dr.Verylong

Legendary Member
Advisor
2/8/09
There is no 1:1 replica. 1:1 is gen.

All fakes are knock-offs with more or less questionable Quality Control.

guanaco

Mythical Poster
Advisor
16/7/07
Sidi Power Plant
Thanks so far,

The dude in china has been to visit these guys before and bought a watch there himself. All i meant was that i have someone to look at it before buying.

I much rather use an approved (by you guys) shop.

Where should i have a look to find a decent one?
Will they ship to Europe?

Also i thought 500 GBP is ok for a proper replica. (meaning it is a replica piece by piece) using same parts just not assembled in Switzerland and no documentation.

What is a fair price for a good replica?

Thank you guys for your replies.

Please read this:

http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/showthread.php?t=25233&highlight=lies

Just to be clear Replicas are not made using the same parts as the genuines, the reps are made using parts made by factories in China, it's a lie what they say about reps being the same watches as the genuines just that they assemble them in China instead... that's bullcrap any way you see it.

Moinsen

Horology Curious
14/1/11
Thank you very much. I will do that and get back.

Again, it is brilliant how much you guys helped me out with this already.

Cheers

Moinsen

Horology Curious
14/1/11
OK,

I did some research and came up with a few additional questions.

First of all, sorry for not doing my homework and researching the forum properly before i posted my thread. I now have read the noob introduction and i thought it was great. So helpful.

I have been looking at the approved shops and i found one that i like.

Here are the two watches i found and i am thinking about buying:
http://www.puretimewatch.com/product/royal-oak-offshore-ultimate-ss-safari/
This one i like because they claim that it is a "1:1 copied from the genuine." So my question, is that just a claim or is that true since i was told there are no 1:1 replicas.

http://www.puretimewatch.com/product/royal-oak-offshore-white-dial/
For this watch i have the option to choose the movement.
Both of them are 25J and so on. I cannot see any difference except that one is made in swizerland and the other in asia. Do you guys have any info on how these two movements differ? And is it worth the extra 420 bucks to go for the swiss ETA movement? I am a little confused about this.

Also does anyone have experience with shipping to germany. The online shop says there might be some issues with the customs. Is it better if i have it sent to the UK and then pick it up when i am there the next time?

Thank you for your help so far.

arnozzle

Looking Around
28/11/10
Also interested....and time to stop lurking.. :)

Sorry to Moinsen for jumping on the thread but I am also interested ina replica ROO...

I had a couple questions of my own...

IS it worth it paying premium for ETA movment in a replica? How can we be sure that it even IS a real ETA movement inside anyway?

On two tone or non SS metals is it likely the plating will peel off?

Thanks to everyone...

Moinsen

Horology Curious
14/1/11
Oh i forgot,

The plated versions. Like arnozzel mentioned. Do they start peeling after a while. Any of you guys have experience with that?

I am really carefull since i do not want to pay nearly 500 bucks and have the gold or whatever peel off.

Thanks

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
All AP ROO come from the same fab. They come with A7750 movement, not ETA.
So all dealers get them from the same fab.
Regarding the plating, I never had problems, but I do not buy the 50 UDS junk watches.
If this is your first watch, just start with a simple one

Moinsen

Horology Curious
14/1/11
That seems wired since i have the option of choosing the movement for one of the watches i was looking at. The link in my previous post will get you to the watch i was talking about.

Anyways, i have been doing some reading and i see that it is pointless to buy a rep with a gen ETA (how will i know if it really is a gen ETA).

So i think i will be getting the standard A7750 Asia movement.

Do you guys know how long the dealers take to respond to an email.

I sent one 2 days ago with some questions. My problem is that if i do not get a quick reply to an sales inquiry, how long will it take to get a reply if it is for some issue after the watch has been bought.

May be it has something to do with the Chinese holidays. Not sure.

Thank you very much for your input, I am loving this forum and already feel sorry for my account (once the first order has been received to my expectations).

Have a nice day!

slimslim

I'm Pretty Popular
18/9/10
yea dude all the "same parts as gen" stuff is BS. it's all from china. sometimes you can get real parts and put them in your fake. that smidsy just showed us a great breitling he made. really sick stuff. way out of my league. neat to see tho....

Moinsen

Horology Curious
14/1/11
No luck,
got only one reply to my emails telling me that they wont ship to germany.
Looks like i am rather unlucky. I will keep trying and who knows.

regarding the 1:1 thing. Is there any rep that is done so that without opening the back you wont be able to tell.

Does anyone have experience with shipping to germany?

And finally, anyone bought a A P rep under 500 bucks and is happy with it, please let me know where you bought it?

Luckily i do go to the UK every now and then so if worst comes to worst i can try and have it shipped to the UK and pick it up there.

Thank you!