• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

A little vape help needed

Parabuteo

Patron, Salt and Lime
7/9/12
Dare I? SOMEBODY is probably gonna - so I’ll take the hit if any:

“Who has the best Vape?” :adoration:

Don’t hate me Boss!

HNTR

I'm Pretty Popular
17/2/16
I’m a heavy supporter of the juul. Been using them for almost a year now, cig free for probably 5-6 months, haven’t bought a pack in even longer. I’ve had 4 in total I think. The only actual tobacco I enjoy now is the big sticks :D. Anyone feel free to pm me for more juul info, don’t want to clog up the thread too much

D

d4m.test

Same here if you need advice...

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

sellwoc

Horology Curious
26/4/15
For a more cigarette like experience go for something like an aspire nautilus 2 with the resistance of 1.2-1.8 ohms and a liquid nicotine strength of 1.4-2%. This gives the mouth to lung experience most like smoking, if your wife inhales direct to her lungs the you can’t go wrong with the smok set ups. An alien with a decent sub ohm tank such as the cloud beast or crown tanks will be a good starting point. Remember if you buy a tank with the coil resistance lower than 1 ohm to lower the nicotine content to below 0.6% or the experience can be unpleasant! Hope this helps, I’ve been vaping 5 years and use an alien and it’s big brother, the 300 for a few years now with great success.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
For a more cigarette like experience go for something like an aspire nautilus 2 with the resistance of 1.2-1.8 ohms and a liquid nicotine strength of 1.4-2%. This gives the mouth to lung experience most like smoking, if your wife inhales direct to her lungs the you can’t go wrong with the smok set ups. An alien with a decent sub ohm tank such as the cloud beast or crown tanks will be a good starting point. Remember if you buy a tank with the coil resistance lower than 1 ohm to lower the nicotine content to below 0.6% or the experience can be unpleasant! Hope this helps, I’ve been vaping 5 years and use an alien and it’s big brother, the 300 for a few years now with great success.

This ^^^^ is a foreign language :D
Think I'm gonna order a Juul and see how that goes for her.

sellwoc

Horology Curious
26/4/15
Cool, if it doesn’t work out but she still wants to quit smokes then give me a shout. It’s like any hobby or interest, once you get the basics then it’s easy to go from there, just at the start there is a lot of info that’s hard to understand. It’s a bit like me and watches, started with very little info but an interest, read a lot but post little, but slowly my knowledge is expanding and I’ll offer any advice I can on any subject I know a bit about. Don’t know enough yet about watches but I do know a bit about vaping!! Good luck with the Juul!!

dferraro7

5/5/13
I second the juul. Been using it for a few months. No inclination to smoke a cigarette...except when I’m beyond wasted. But other than that it’s doing the trick.

HNTR

I'm Pretty Popular
17/2/16
Trailboss, if she enjoys the juul and you want to save some money, look up mr salt-e juices, they are essentially the same juice, but with many different flavors and a lot cheaper. I get about 4 refills per pod, so one pack of pods gets me 25 pod uses, which would equate to be a dollar a pack of cigarettes, or less. Best of luck to the misses!

D

d4m.test

Hey gang, the misses is trying to give up the coffin nails and as such needs some advice as to where and what to buy in a sanely priced quality vape unit. The 100s of units available even here in OZ is just confusing if you know nowt about the subject. I need a supplier (US based is fine) and a decent unit please.

TIA, TB99
Hi mate I own my vaping shop in the UK have done for the last 5 years if there is anything I can help you with please feel free to message me
It is a minefield of devices out there and can be very overwhelming

Regards Paul

Sent from the RWI App

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Hi mate I own my vaping shop in the UK have done for the last 5 years if there is anything I can help you with please feel free to message me
It is a minefield of devices out there and can be very overwhelming

Regards Paul

Sent from the RWI App
Thanks mate. if it's Ok with you I'll pull your email out of the member details and have her contact you direct. That will be a lot easier I suspect.

D

d4m.test

hi that will be fine anytime
regards paul

D

d4m.test

Hey gang, the misses is trying to give up the coffin nails and as such needs some advice as to where and what to buy in a sanely priced quality vape unit. The 100s of units available even here in OZ is just confusing if you know nowt about the subject. I need a supplier (US based is fine) and a decent unit please.

TIA, TB99
check out gearbest or fasttech

revstriker

Horology Curious
20/11/17
I smoked a pack to a pack and a half a day. I got myself fancy expensive vapes and they didn't do the trick. Now I got myself a juul haven't picked up a cigarette since I bought it.

Same here, tried so many different vape devices, never got any satisfaction as I did from smoking cigs. Also it was a pain to maintain, etc. I got a juul and haven't looked back.

JacksonLee

Looking Around
2/1/19
I recognize this is an old thread but...

There is simply no way I could have given up Cigs and Cigars without vape to slowly get rid of cravings. I started out with .12 nicotine juice and now I am down to 0% or maybe .3 nicotine juice. It also gave me an interesting hobby as now I enjoy building my own coils and collecting different mods.

As far as mods go, if you want something other than the small Juul and alike, I have a recommendation:

I would give a good look at Billet Box mods and (especially the clones as a cheaper introduction).
-They don't look like an ecig unless you know what a Billet Box is.
-The tanks hold a decent amount of juice.
-If you don't want to build your own coils, the come with an adapter to use OCC coils which give a satisfactory vaping experience.
-And lastly, you can customize the box with panels of all different types and looks, button materials, and tip types . It isn't unusual to come across people who have $1000 invested in a gen Billet Box with all kinds of custom pieces or others who have a 2nd hand, $50 clone that is beat to hell from daily use.

I have everything from a $10 mech-mod clone from eBay to a $800 worth of No-Name Checkmate mod with NarDa tank . But my daily driver is an OLC Starwood mod or a red anodized Billetbox with blackblack Alli hide panels and polished stainless button/tip.

Good luck sir.