• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

A little on QC pics.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
So I guess that thread I started where I zoomed in 8x on a QC pic and then asked if the dust on the bezel was normal or should I ask for a new watch is a BAD thing? Who knew? ;)
Did you read? The second paragraph of the OP reads:

[QOUTE] QC pics should only be posted if you have some doubt and need to ask a question such as "Hey guys, the lume on the 6 looks a bit wonkey to me, should I let it go or ask for another watch?" or "Is the SEL gap on this excessive or is that normal on this model?" or even "I was told this is a V3.5 but I'm not sure, is it?" That sort of thing, not a general "can anyone see anything wrong?" [/QUOTE]

So how is what you posted a bad thing?

tknospdr

29/11/16
Because I was asking about dust?
But I was only kidding anyway, I didn't really do that.

Phener9

5/4/13
Wrexham, Wales
Therec is'nt anything much more boring than someone elses QC pics IMHO
I if it was'nt discouraged there would be thousands posted.
We do'nt need them.:angryshout:

Reactions: shinynewbling25

smellssogood

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/4/17
Well said! I've had a couple of instances before I knew this is place existed where a QC photo would have come in handy.

I would ask for all angles of the watch if only a few QC pics come through. There's a tiny spot of pvd coating missing on my pam - no one knows but me and you can't see it unless you're really looking - but the fact that is that i could have caught it in QC. Otherwise, i love receiving QC pics - especially the time keeping image to measure the movement.

Happy Reppin~!

D

d4m.test

Do the TDs usually provide a lume QC photo?

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Considering I'm not in the habit of showing off my collection in complete darkness a lack of lume pics never was a deal breaker for me.

Reactions: John1
D

d4m.test

What about a timegrafer photo is it standard?

D

d4m.test

Thanks for this info, good to find out the in's and out's of the QC stuff.

D

d4m.test

Well said ....brilliant ...being new I could see that happening to me.
Thank you for the heads up

D

d4m.test

Thanks for the heads up. I guess there's much research to do before my first purchase.

Sent from the RWI App