• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

A little on QC pics.

DarioM6611

‘Good fences make good neighbors.’
Supporter
6/8/23
Italy
What's a "working class hero" ?
Hi @TESLA760

Well, long long time ago, in the western world, there was a so called working class. People who use to work in factories, or any other kind of manual work. I don't want to bother you and the others with my old fart memories. It's something people like me use to tell to nephews, on winters night, when snow covers all the land, and wolfes howl in the night, and....

OK I need to change my wine tastes...
Next Christmas no more Franciacorta and go on with Alta Langa.

Sorry for my English as always.

Fiddo

-----
Gold Patron
Certified
16/2/09
In a Causal Loop
See you around buddy (hopefully you make your way down to the Looney Bin sometime 🤪).
Now.... there's an invitation!

Happy Homer Simpson GIF

var554

The Mothership
Supporter
25/6/23
USA
Thank you for being understanding. After 20 years of ignoring my diagnosis, I have decided it was time for me to address my severe PTSD from the trauma I suffered downtown NYC on 9/11 so I tend to take things very personally these days. Just don't want to upset anyone and please know if I'm short with a response, there is no ill will there. I appreciate you all allowing me to remain in the forum. It's kind of you.
Loading Hug GIF by MOODMAN
This is a great community, full of knowledge and can also be a bit sarcastic. Understand that it is all in good fun. I hope you find it to be a welcoming place.

Swagtalas

Horology Curious
15/2/24
I read somewhere in this forum that unless the QC pics themselves are truly noticeably wrong, then its best to error on the side of GL. Because as you said, you are buying a REP. And more often times than not, then if you RL something the TD more than likely has to pay that cost out of their own pockets. And I want my TD to be happy and continue to do business with me.

Reactions: BogoslavBlizniak

Watch-watcher

Looking Around
4/1/24
I am looking at my first Rolex panda.

Dealer name: sead supermirrors

Factory name: Clean

Model name (& version number): Rolex Daytona 116500 LN

Price Paid: $749

Album Links:

Index alignment:

Dial Printing:

Date Wheel alignment/printing:

Hand Alignment:

Bezel: fluted looks

Solid End Links (SELs):

Timegrapher numbers:looks

Anything else you notice:

Being That is is my first rep watch I’m curious to what you all will say. I hear Clean factory produces the best 1:1 clones.

[[ADMIN EDIT]] Are you trying to be a smart ass? Images removed.[[/ADMIN EDIT]]

Last edited by a moderator:

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
QC pics are to satisfy YOU that the watch is OK to YOUR standards, that there are no crooked indices, missing lume, offset chrono hands etc. QC pics are not for picking tells or things that are present in every example of a model such as spelling errors, happy feet, wrong lume colour etc. These things you should be aware of already either by reading or by posting a thread before you order and asking about the issues with whatever model you wish to buy.

QC pics should only be posted if you have some doubt and need to ask a question such as "Hey guys, the lume on the 6 looks a bit wonkey to me, should I let it go or ask for another watch?" or "Is the SEL gap on this excessive or is that normal on this model?" or even "I was told this is a V3.5 but I'm not sure, is it?" That sort of thing, not a general "can anyone see anything wrong?"

This is the norm across all the boards. The reason is to prevent self claimed "experts" chiming in with shit like "Don't accept this, the date is .0001 of a mm off centre!" or "this version is shit, you should have got the V 27.32". The first is answerable by remembering it's a rep and the second is outside the scope of QC pics. This sort of bullshit results in watches being rejected for no good reason and the dealers get stuck with a watch they cannot return as there is nothing wrong with it. The noob who asked also then ends up with an unrealistic expectation of what he can expect. That helps no one.

You should all be grateful you have QC pics at all, it was only 4 or so years ago they did not exist. Try to think of anything else you buy on line where you get QC pics? You can't can you? The dealers hate them, it would be very easy for me to have them stopped. One email to all the dealers telling them all to stop would be all it would take and if QC pics begin to have an effect on the livelihood of our dealers (and thus the cost of reps in general) I will do so. The guy who had this bright idea first is no longer even a dealer here.

Being That is is my first rep watch I’m curious to what you all will say. I hear Clean factory produces the best 1:1 clones.
You need to read the first post on this thread. Open ended questions about QCs are not allowed. If you have an issue with a specific detail then go ahead. The problem is you may get some self proclaimed expert who might put you off the watch for no good reason.

Sead is one of the TDs that does good QCs himself.

TheBigJS

Play nicely
Supporter
Certified
7/12/22
UK
How good are good reps these days? De-sticker that watch, retake those pics and it would not be questioned on Chrono24!

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08

Album Links:

Index alignment:

Dial Printing:

Hand Alignment:

Solid End Links (SELs):

Cant Speak Nathan Fillion GIF

You cannot be serious, FFS . . .
Images removed, I don't play as nice as C Master

TESLA760

Time is Money $$
Patron
Certified
7/2/11
Socal Wine Country

Album Links:

Index alignment:

Dial Printing:

Hand Alignment:

Solid End Links (SELs):

You must've taken a wrong turn while riding on Reddit Lane.