• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

A high cost rep

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
Let's disregard the movement cost.

IMHO it's something like IWC Gst Chrono Ti... It's not easy to make such replica. Non smooth Ti surface (not polished, not brushed, beadblasted?).

or something like JLC Compressor. The caseback is soooo beautiful.

Any opinions?

EDIT: I may also add Chanel J12 with ceramics case and links...

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
Ok... let me rephrase... What watch do you think will incur higher cost of manufacturing as compared to "ordinary" rep?

pugwash

Mythical Poster
30/4/07
takashi said:
Ok... let me rephrase... What watch do you think will incur higher cost of manufacturing as compared to "ordinary" rep?
Materials. Labour is cheap where these reps come from.

Unless you're looking at extreme complications like Turbodrives and a gazillion subwheels, then materials are where you're going to see a significant increase in cost.

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
Ok... any ideas those ceramic reps? It's made of zirconian bla bla.

Precious Time

19/3/06
Heres my original ceramic :) Completely scratchproof. I've had this for over a year and its still looks like it came out of the box brand new.

J12.jpg
[/img]

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
uhhh PT!!! That's very beautiful white J12... I bought the black J12 for my mum, non chrono. Doesn't come cheap at all. I did a scratch test and hammer test on the bracelet. It's supposed to shatter but it's not. Escape unharmed.

eLiNK

2/4/06
Actually , the price of high quality steel is quite high.

To make a watch from a steel as hard as a sapphire glass takes several days.

I don't think we'll see such reps.

eLiNK

2/4/06
Precious Time said:
Heres my original ceramic :) Completely scratchproof. I've had this for over a year and its still looks like it came out of the box brand new.

J12.jpg
[/img]

Wow, that is some watch.

Roeod4

Put Some Respect On My Name
14/3/06
I'm not sure if that should be able or willing. The UNs are not as popular as some others and therfore not reped too often.

Klink

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
15/3/06
the best bargain for reps is the tourbillon.. about the cheapest tourbillon (chinese even) will run you over 3K... while the rep tourby can be gotten for $8-900

JMO - like the EL Breguet Tourbillon, sweet..

:D
Klink

moggio

I'm Pretty Popular
25/3/06
Well..the J12 looks great....but yeahhh its not cheap..and also..I dont like channel