• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

A Forum is a terrible thing to waste! Dhgate, a lesson for new and old members!

claudiobravo

Horology Curious
11/5/16
Just to add something. Alixpress is much better and safer to use then DHgate. There is message system at Alliexpress. You could easly ask dealer to show you photo of exact whatch he will send to you, with pease of paper and your name writen. That way, you know that photo is taken just for you!

Also, there are user photos of watch they receive earlyer. There are lot of scammers, but you should buy only from reputable companyes, who have 10.000+ positive reviews.
I bought more than 50+ products on Aliexpress and most were fine. Few times, i was cheated, sellers didn't want to respond, I raise case and support allways return my money back to me.

I really had great experience from Aliexpress. But must be honest and tell that i have never order watches there. :)

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
Just to add something. Alixpress is much better and safer to use then DHgate. There is message system at Alliexpress. You could easly ask dealer to show you photo of exact whatch he will send to you, with pease of paper and your name writen. That way, you know that photo is taken just for you!

Also, there are user photos of watch they receive earlyer. There are lot of scammers, but you should buy only from reputable companyes, who have 10.000+ positive reviews.
I bought more than 50+ products on Aliexpress and most were fine. Few times, i was cheated, sellers didn't want to respond, I raise case and support allways return my money back to me.

I really had great experience from Aliexpress. But must be honest and tell that i have never order watches there. :)

I do get your point but the OP's point still stands. I have bought watches from Ali and they certainly fill a box and cheaply but the quality does not compare to the TD's products. Anything comparable on Ali is always (and I am not generalising) dearer. People are also not aware that the TD's can get other high quality rep items from our TD's also.

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
Edit: double post. No idea why.

Dandinda

Horology Curious
31/5/16
Thank you very much for this post and the - graphic - pictures.

I am currently waiting for my first watches from a TD. I kinda know that I should not expect too much - but after rading in this fine forum I am confident that I won't be utterly disappointed.

therapist148

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/7/16
[MENTION=1953]daytona4me[/MENTION] as a complete newb (only 2 days in), i want to thank you so much spending the money and time to show guys like me the difference between a paying for a TD and using DHgate or Aliexpress. i was seriously considering buying a Patek from Aliexpress and Daytona from DHgate. you've not only saved me $200, but more importantly the emotional anger of feeling dumb and tricked. thanks again, it really helped me.

CrisBlues

Horology Curious
25/7/16
It would be great to find information like this before buying in DH or Ali.
Learn from mistakes is expensive

El Chappo

Known Member
15/9/16
Thnx for the info,also i am new to this forum,i agree with all above that i read,i bought a submariner from ali express,it was same garbage...So it looks to me but maybe its not but why do i find it difficult to find a good rep submariner??im looking for a noob and damn right im new to this stuff so i dont have a idea which one?all i know is that they are with versions like v5 v6 v6s v7 but which one is the best one?also guys i need some help,if anyone could help me i would appriciate it,thnx in advance...

Bull05

20/10/15
Very good post man. As always, if it is too good to be true, then it is :)

sehej

Horology Curious
MULTI ACCOUNT
4/10/16
Wow, thanks for this. Even through the pictures you can clearly make out that it is a cheap looking badly made replica. I imagine this would be even more apparent up close and personal with the watch.

elmwoodtom

Horology Curious
19/1/16
thanks for the post OP--a must read.. can't imagine jumping into all of this without the folks here at RWI!

Mr.Watch.

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/1/17
I'm ashamed to say i was one of those who used to buy from ioffer and dhgate, but not again! Glad i stumbled upon RWI tonight! Thank you for this info!

25minutestoolate

Renowned Member
22/8/16
Asia
Just a noob question - is it possible that these crappy reps are made in the same factories that our "proper" reps are made, with the only difference being the quality of materials used?