• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

A Fistful of 5-Digit FrankenSubs!

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
Nice movement synchronization on the various pieces too. It’s no surprise that you pay attention to little details because I know you’re a sucker for them as well. Nice stuff. Excellent pictures

Cicero

RWI Legal Advisor
Global Moderator
Certified
12/3/15
Very nice collection.

gunsmoke16610

FIVE-Digit
Patron
Certified
23/10/18
Your collection is incredible as is the presentation. I share your passion for 5 digit builds and really appreciate seeing others members collections I don’t recall seeing another with this level of detail!

The dial on your 16800 is amazing as is the description of how these dials can develop patina.

thank you for posting this

Reactions: p0pperini

dvonjohn

Horology Curious
10/6/19
Looking forward to a review of the new ARF 904LSS case! I’m thinking about upgrading my Franken 16610

- [x] Gen Handset
- [x] JF case, clasp and bracelet & SH3135
- [x] Gen Stem
- [x] Gen Auto wind complete
- [x] Gen Crown 704
- [x] Gen Bezel insert & pearl
- [x] Gen Mark III Dial
- [x] Gen Crystal b25-295-c2-c4
- [x] Gen Date wheel
- [ ] 904SS Case & bracelet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RepIseek

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
7/1/20
Texas
I don’t know what I appreciate more, the spectacular watches or the cool photography setup. Either way, appreciate the contribution, simply stunning!

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
What a marvelous presentation of a spectacular collection of watches. You've gathered together a showcase of showstoppers from the most talented modders our hobby has to offer. Bravo my friend, I wouldn't go back and change anything now, enjoy these beauties just how they are, no improvement needed!.

Reactions: saucin and m5smg2

saucin

Renowned Member
20/4/20
Lovely collection, intriguing descriptions, and fantastic photography. Kudos bro!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: KJ2020

Timewellspent

Renowned Member
2/4/13
USA / Florida
Great collection! Always great Seeing your watches but these pictures are fantastic

giphy.gif

alligoat

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
17/3/06
Beautiful collection- I'm especially loving the two tones

sfgerl

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
25/10/18
I share your love for the 5 digits, vintage-look and all! There is something very special indeed about these watches. I am also in complete agreement with your answers regarding the hypothetical question of "Why have all these when you can own a gen?"

Your presentation is simply exquisite - studio-quality photography and titles, a graphic arts designer would drool with envy. And the watches? Ahhhhhhh...... each one is just stunning!

Well done.

CarpetRyd

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
20/3/17
BEAUTIFUL collection! Just amazing builds...

Wacht

Renowned Member
6/7/20
That is truly a great collection. And well done working that camera, those pictures are a sight for sore eyes.

If you would purchase a gen Sub, which one would you pick p0pperini? And everyone else reading, what'd be your choice?

I am real fond of the 16613LN and 16613LB, whereas the latter I find very appealing. But should it come to it, I must admit that I'd probably go with the 14060.

All the best
/Wacht

7.62NATO

Looking Around
24/7/20
Just stumbled across this thread researching 16610 builds, and I can only say WOW. Amazing watches and photography, OP. I recently ordered a JF 16610LN as my first-ever rep (soon to be franken). I planned to just replace the crystal, datewheel, and insert...but those JF cases look a lot better after being reshaped, from what I can tell.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
p0pperini

Great OP, collection and pictures. Really showcases the best of RWI passion, knowledge and its amazing talent.

Thanks for sharing.

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
That is truly a great collection. And well done working that camera, those pictures are a sight for sore eyes.

If you would purchase a gen Sub, which one would you pick p0pperini? And everyone else reading, what'd be your choice?

I am real fond of the 16613LN and 16613LB, whereas the latter I find very appealing. But should it come to it, I must admit that I'd probably go with the 14060.

All the best
/Wacht
Thanks for the kind compliments Wacht. And that's an interesting question... The problem is that I flip-flop constantly on which model in the 5-digit series is my favourite.I think, if I were to be pressed into going for one, it would be the 16613 LN. Or a tritium dial model. See, I just can't decide. However, if I was really going to commit to owning just one Sub, then I'd choose a 1680, without any hesitation. I really do love a top-hat plexi, big mag cyclops, open 6/9 datewheel and printed dial.

Reactions: KJ2020

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
I share your love for the 5 digits, vintage-look and all! There is something very special indeed about these watches. I am also in complete agreement with your answers regarding the hypothetical question of "Why have all these when you can own a gen?"

Your presentation is simply exquisite - studio-quality photography and titles, a graphic arts designer would drool with envy. And the watches? Ahhhhhhh...... each one is just stunning!

Well done.
Thanks! I'm especially grateful for the nice comment about the titles - I used to be a graphic designer, many years ago. :)