• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

7/31 Ebay Scam of the day. Planet Ocean Chronograph

trevor2079

Renowned Member
2/5/07
She also mentions here perfect feedback. 9 items purchased off ebay. 1st item sold!

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
So I have used the report feature before but it never works for me. Did someone say that you can call this in on a hotline? Somebody report this please, then train ole R2 how to do it for later missions. :wink:

seventhexile

I'm Pretty Popular
7/7/08
I reported it..
theirs just a link @ the bottom of the screen..
all I had to do was say I thought it was a fake because of the 7 day subdial and the pearl.

i dont care if ebay monitors my purchases .. never really buy much other then car parts and computer parts anyways.

-Ex

Maxlove

29/6/08
800- 717- EBAY (800-717-3229)

This could be the secret number maybe that was called by my friend yesterday.

drhydro

23/3/06
I sent her a msg sayiing it's a fake. She responded:

"wow..What makes you feel that this watch is fake? I spent big money on
this.

-trust_purchase" [smilie=angel13.gif]

Why don't you guys help me compose a reply?!! Just too many things wrong, I don't know where to start...
He valve in wrong place, pushers not correct, all three subdials are wrong- dial at 3 should be a 30 minute register, dial at 6 should be a 12 hour register, dial at 9 should be running seconds...

y'all think there's any chance she really did get stung, or am I being too gentle with a scammer??!?? :mrgreen:

seventhexile

I'm Pretty Popular
7/7/08
drhydro said:
I sent her a msg sayiing it's a fake. She responded:

"wow..What makes you feel that this watch is fake? I spent big money on
this.

-trust_purchase" [smilie=angel13.gif]

Why don't you guys help me compose a reply?!! Just too many things wrong, I don't know where to start...
He valve in wrong place, pushers not correct, all three subdials are wrong- dial at 3 should be a 30 minute register, dial at 6 should be a 12 hour register, dial at 9 should be running seconds...

y'all think there's any chance she really did get stung, or am I being too gentle with a scammer??!?? :mrgreen:

I put a report in to ebay about it.. there was an option for a side note so I said the seller might not know they were selling a fake.
Though to a trained eye it was clearly evident.

-Ex

drhydro

23/3/06
I just sent a more detailed reply, bein' pretty nice about it. We'll see what she sez. [smilie=angel12.gif]

Maxlove

29/6/08
I sent her a message at 9:40 am this morning and I got the same message back at 9:45.

Dear XXXXX

wow..What makes you feel that this watch is fake? I spent big money on this.

- trust_purchase

Clearly she knows!

seventhexile

I'm Pretty Popular
7/7/08
Its all good though - like I said I flagged ebay on it.
They will look into it.
.... wonder how they do that? ..
anyways - I'd have to agree that she obviously knows given how everyone gets the same response back.

-Ex

Maxlove

29/6/08
Chalk another one up for the guys in the White Hats ....You all did good!!

This Listing Is Unavailable

This listing (150277382691) has been removed or is no longer available. Please make sure you entered the right item number.

If the listing was removed by eBay, consider it canceled. Note: Listings that have ended more than 90 days ago will no longer appear on eBay. If you try and list a non-authentic timepiece then you will suffer the indignity of being caught by the Professionals at RWI.

We have ways to get you Subsurface, In the Air and through your cell phone!

Maxlove

29/6/08
Maxlove said:
800- 717- EBAY (800-717-3229)

This could be the secret number maybe that was called by my friend yesterday.

Make sure that nobody writes this number down or keeps it for their own special use..you have to be an eBay Watchman to use this. Did that sound good??

Has anyone here had any experience with a software product called XM-Pie? If so, Please contact me via PM.

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
Great job fellers! Max this 1800 number is assigned for watchers? Will they ask you not to call? Just curious cause the reporting via email was worthless to me in the past. Maybe I did it wrong.

seventhexile

I'm Pretty Popular
7/7/08
R2D4 said:
Great job fellers! Max this 1800 number is assigned for watchers? Will they ask you not to call? Just curious cause the reporting via email was worthless to me in the past. Maybe I did it wrong.

there was a button @ the bottom of her listing saying "report post" or something like that.
Then it had a few things to fill out such as what it was I was reporting followed by reasons and side notes. - seemed to be an effective method since after a few hours the listing was taken down.

-and maxlove.. w/ great power comes great responsibility !
andyetsomehow128611583489252377.jpg

Just kidding! - I recently re-discovered
http://icanhascheezburger.com
I now feel the need to incorporate pics of lulz cats into everything.

Glad we could all help someone out.
Leaves me with a tingly feeling inside!

.. wait *runs to the bathroom*
nvm tingly feelings gone.

-Ex