• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

5 Starts Transaction & 6 Things I learned

zod

Horology Curious
9/1/20
  1. Elliot is real – I could swear this guy never sleeps! When I sent a WeChat or an email message, for the most part he responded within minutes. Also he seem to have a laid back attitude. Really a pleasure to work with him.
  2. Western Union is a bit flakey lately – I’ve purchased numerous watches over the past 10-15 years. Always utilized WU. This time funds didn’t go through for some reason. WU could not provide an explanation. Money was back in my bank account within 3 days.
  3. Wise (transferwise) is easy to set up – It’s always a bit nerve racking to provide SS number and other details on line but I did some research and Wise seem to be very safe. They use Plaid authentication and easy to use. Elliot received the cash shortly after transfer.
  4. Patience is the name of the game- It takes a while to process the order, receive QC photos and ship the package. In my case Elliot had to wait for products to get delivered the following week from the factory so it took a bit. Wise transfer went through on March 14th and I received my watch on April 18th. Just be patient and give it some time. You won’t be disappointed.
  5. 17Track doesn’t always work – Andiot and other TD’s I’ve worked with use 17Track which is a universal package tracker but it wasn’t tracking the number Elliot sent me. It just said ‘not found’. When I insert that same tracking number in parcelsapp.com, I saw the tracking information.
  6. Product is top notch – I ordered a VSF PAM2223. I think it’s one of the best designed watches by Panerai. I’ve been wearing it since it arrived and have no issues.