• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

4th Gen Omega Planet Ocean is here!!!!!!

eLiNK

2/4/06
I haven't heard of anyone selling a genuine OEM dial for this PO Orange.
Has someone tried ofrei.com?

But first, any chance the dial may fit the Andrew's model?

I believe even if it's not possible to buy the dial now, it would be in a year or so.

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
@eLink: no word from Ofrei. I am sure it will fit perfectly fine. I changed mine to OEM 007 (which has the same dial diameter as PO).

eLiNK

2/4/06
How did you find out which dial was to order?

If I'm not mistaken, ofrei expect to get a serial number of the watch.

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
Is not serial number but model number for a watch (engraved on the caseback). Here you go:

168.167 - ac
168.1640 - black dial
168.1626 - jb 007

cwai02

Renowned Member
16/3/06
mine doesn't look that bad though.

25.jpg

04.jpg

Sam268

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/4/06
seems like the black and the orange has a different pearl.. I mean the replica pearl is different on the black and orange 4th gen from andrew.

eLiNK

2/4/06
Andrew has just announced on rwg2 he's managed to fix the logo problem.
Looks like I may push the trigger.

eLiNK

2/4/06
cwai02
BTW, is it correct the date font is different on the orange and the black version?

Just wondering.

eLiNK

2/4/06
I believe I'll need to have a look at a wrist shot of the watch on a 6.5" wrist.
takashi
Is it feasible? :roll:

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
Yes it is... I can't take the shot now as the watch is with my dad. It will fit 6.5inch wrist nicely. You'll look macho on 4th gen PO :twisted:
This is a heavy watch though. Weighing ~200 gram.

phoenixgod

7/5/06
Hi , lookin to buy this as my next watch. Havent posted in this forum before, but i've bought a few watches from Jo and Eddie:)

Just a few question on this beautiful Omega PO 4th gen that i plan to get from Andrew. Is this water resistance?:) Can I swim with it?XD

My understanding is that the gen omega PO is around 42.5 mm, why does some people want the 45mm, preference or just hand size?

pugwash

Mythical Poster
30/4/07
phoenixgod said:
Just a few question on this beautiful Omega PO 4th gen that i plan to get from Andrew. Is this water resistance?:) Can I swim with it?XD

My understanding is that the gen omega PO is around 42.5 mm, why does some people want the 45mm, preference or just hand size?
Firstly, these are replicas. They come with no water-resistance guarantee. Just because one PO is water resistant doesn't mean the next is. You can, however, get them made and tested waterproof at a local rep-friendly watchsmith. As for the size, Omega make two sizes of PO. For instance, my brother got an Oraqnge PO rep (42.5mm) and liked it so much he went and tried on a genuine. He tried both the 42.5mm and the 45mm in the shop and bought the 45mm. I'm now selling his 42mm (2nd gen) as a result of this.

phoenixgod

7/5/06
Ic, thanks for that. Now I'm contemplating between Orange and Black version lol. I should only get 1..^^

cwai02

Renowned Member
16/3/06
phoenixgod said:
Ic, thanks for that. Now I'm contemplating between Orange and Black version lol. I should only get 1..^^

I am going to Hawaii for vacation this summer. That's why I bought a genuine PO even though I already have two 4th Gen POs. Don't expect these reps to be water resistance.

Dutchy

Renowned Member
14/4/06
cwai02 said:
Don't expect these reps to be water resistance.

You've got 3 of em.....one gen orange and one rep orange......why not give it a shot.....afterall, they are called Planet OCEAN for a reason, haha.....juuuuuuuuuust kidding. Scary close though those gens to the reps.