• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

4th Gen Omega Planet Ocean is here!!!!!!

WackoBirdKeeper

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
23/3/06
New Jersey, USA
Well, it finally arrived. I had Andrew postpone the shipping of this watch because I had to go on a two week long business trip to Mexico, and the watch was being shipped to my workplace in the USA. I just didn't want it to arrive there and sit for two weeks while I was in another country.

So, what do I think of this rep????

As I told Andrew, it was not what I expected. The watch is much much better than I had hoped it would be. WOWOWOWOWOWOW!!!!!!! This has to be one of the best reps I have ever seen. It looks and feels quality, and it is a damn near perfect replica. I'm sure someone could find flaws with a microscope, but, let's be real here. No one will be able to tell this is a rep while it is on my wrist. And, damn few people could ever ID this as a rep. I'm sure that anyone that could ID this as a rep would have to be a jeweler that has handled the gen watch a lot. It's that good. Even then, it would probably require that person to do a pretty close inspection.

So, thank you Andrew, you truly are the TRUSTY WATCH GUY!!!!!

PS. I'll be posting some pics in the near future.

Happy T

Renowned Member
8/4/06
I understand exactly what you mean.... mine showed up today also and as you can see it looks very nice on the wrist but......... it sure does appear that placement of the logo seems to be hit and miss with the 4th gen. My logo is actually touching part of the writing. :roll: Looks like I'll be sending this one to Joe to straighten out a few things.

Omega_PO.jpg

Closeup_PO.jpg

Omega_PO1.jpg

rbj69

I'm Pretty Popular
14/3/06
wow even though i am changing my whole dial as im sure u saw , your logo is really touching it , mine was almost touching it like that but not crooked like yours, also your writing is a bit more crooked than mine i believe or it could be the angle of the pic, but i will soon have the asian dials and we can swap the good and the bad like i did mine and have a almost perfect dial

wacko u r correct it is the best one out and much better when it arrives than u expect it to be for sure, i cant wait to get my replacement wowowo

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
@rbj: That's what I've got too. Similar to Happy T. That's why I am changing it to 007 dial. But knowing that I can swap the logo with Asian version, I should've wait a little while. Anyway, my dad has got the watch. Looks really nice on him (I got a small wrist, wearing this massive watch is like wearing a handcuff :lol: ).

WackoBirdKeeper

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
23/3/06
New Jersey, USA
Omega logo problems

You know, now that you mentioned it, I can see that my logo is also not properly placed. It is touching the text underneath it, and it's a bit crooked. How can I go about getting this fixed? Who does that kind of work, and about how much would this fix cost?

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
rbj is the expert. He got this watch together with me (from the first batch). You can read his article on fixing the dial problem (swapping some parts with Asian Rep's dial).

Tink131

16/3/06
Man I love that PO!! I think it's going on my wish list, even if I may hardly ever wear it- she's a beauty.
Well I do have to say that your pics certainly clear up any questions of gender!!!!! :lol:

Tink131

16/3/06
Hey Che,
Welcome to the Dark Side- glad you found your way here!! Why not set up a post in the meet the people section and tell us more about yourself?! We are really very friendly....and fun too!! Hope to see you around.
Tink

eLiNK

2/4/06
Someone said the clasp on the bracelet may be too big for anyone with the wrist smaller than 7.5".
What size does it have?

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
@eLink. You can always resize the bracelet. 4th gen 42mm is okay for small wrist.

eLiNK

2/4/06
I'm speaking about the clasp.
As I said I've read somewhere that the clasp might be wider than your wrist.

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
It seems fine to me. I have it resized to 6.5 inch. Please take note, mine is the 42mm version.

eLiNK

2/4/06
Then, all's fine. Thanks.
But first, I need to find out if there's a way to fix the dial in Europe or wait for the 5th generation.

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
5th generation may never come at all. I haven't heard of anyone selling a genuine OEM dial for this PO Orange. You can obtain OEM bracelet clasp and OEM hands though.

OldeCrow

I'm Pretty Popular
13/4/06
Very nice I ordered mine from andrew last week .hope to see it this week! I can't wait :)

geopatr69

Renowned Member
28/3/06
:D :D My black one should be here any day now!! Andrew is THE MAN!! :wink: :wink:

TripleHD

Renowned Member
15/3/06
eLiNK said:
I'm speaking about the clasp.
As I said I've read somewhere that the clasp might be wider than your wrist.

I just received my black PO 42 from Andrew. Great looking watch, but there is an issue with the clasp. It doesn't lock in tight as well as it should or compared to other Omega bracelets.

Here's a review of the watch better explaining the clasp issue:

http://www.replicacollector.com/members ... ntry130136

eLiNK

2/4/06
Is it the defect on one watch or in generall?

P.S.: Sorry, can't read at replicacollector because of the company firewall.

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
My bracelet is fine. You can always change it to an OEM bracelet clasps for under U$100.