• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

43MM ROO's finally repped.. but wrong?!

Virpag

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/3/13
Yes it looks more greenish and less brownish, any more pics?
I will a bit later this weekend the strap is off but the dial looks good not 100% but nice imo

Thatwatchguy

Supporter
Supporter
Certified
9/7/17
So apart from the dial colour questions, it is still a 7750 Movement with sunken date and incorrect date font…at $668 I’m not seeing this as an appealing purchase :unsure:

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
So apart from the dial colour questions, it is still a 7750 Movement with sunken date and incorrect date font…at $668 I’m not seeing this as an appealing purchase :unsure:
AP ROO reps are known to be flawed in many ways. The list of known flaws is longer than Martin Sheen’s rap sheet.
Just buy and wear it as a novelty if you like it. It may never be an AP or be close to it, but that doesn’t stop most members from enjoying the watch. Yes that A7750 sec@6 is a horrible movement to use for the rep but until there is a better movement, there is a limit to how accurate the rep can be in terms of the datewheel position and depth. The font can be customized for the A7750 datewheel but it’ll always look off given the inaccurate datewheel position and like you mentioned, the datewheel which is sunken halfway to Australia.

aksingh

I'm Pretty Popular
7/3/10

aksingh

I'm Pretty Popular
7/3/10
I will a bit later this weekend the strap is off but the dial looks good not 100% but nice imo
Can you put it on the black strap too, and how is the quick change device? Thanks.

Virpag

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/3/13
I am not your typical RWI reviewer not my cup of tea but I wanted to post some more photos

the quick strap exchange is impressive no more hassle with unscrewing and mounting. the black strap is nice to give the watch another feel which I like. knowing all the flaws it's still a nice pickup the deco plate is noticeable and does not add to the watch. the build itself is solid and nice.
Personal preference as always but I do like it, especially for the summer it's a stunner on the wrist.

aksingh

I'm Pretty Popular
7/3/10
Thanks for all the pics, that black strap looks like the Diver strap - is that an APF and does it fit well?

Virpag

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/3/13
Thanks for all the pics, that black strap looks like the Diver strap - is that an APF and does it fit well?
yes it came with the watch hopefully it will fit on the diver as well...waiting on it to come

aksingh

I'm Pretty Popular
7/3/10
yes it came with the watch hopefully it will fit on the diver as well...waiting on it to come
I see on the vid that it comes with that Diver's design strap, thought it would come with the 43's black strap, a bit weird.

aksingh

I'm Pretty Popular
7/3/10
The vid also seemed to measure it at 44, which is what Puretime have listed on their site altho they say its a mistake but still not corrected it, can you measure it to see if it is 43 or 44, does it wear smaller than 44s if you have any?

Virpag

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/3/13
The vid also seemed to measure it at 44, which is what Puretime have listed on their site altho they say its a mistake but still not corrected it, can you measure it to see if it is 43 or 44, does it wear smaller than 44s if you have any?
I did not measure but I do have other 44ap and it’s the same feel

Reactions: aksingh

Virpag

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/3/13
The diver has a 42mm case. It would be strange if the same straps fit both the 43mm and 42mm perfectly.
I received my Diver and the strap does fit pretty cool i guess the case is 43mm