• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

42.5mm PO does not measure 42.5mm

Mancman

Horology Curious
19/1/11
Wow! What size bezel are you getting there Narikaa? 41mm? That's a real big boy! It looks like we have some size variations in 42mm PO reps out there! Any of our other Trusted Dealers care to comment?

G30

I'm Pretty Popular
12/1/11
Wow! What size bezel are you getting there Narikaa? 41mm? That's a real big boy! It looks like we have some size variations in 42mm PO reps out there! Any of our other Trusted Dealers care to comment?

It's not a 42mm PO. That is a 45.5mm UPO which buggers the whole discussion johnny, err, I meant Mancman. You should study more rep and gen pics so you know the differences.

Most TD's are sourcing these watches from the same factories and there prodution is standardized. If there is some variation I'll presume it is minute. You should read more too, including what follows after the OP. A lot of veterans here can provide answers and some insight. For example; did you try the 8'oclock to 2'oclock measurement yet?

RobbDizzle

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/10
I was under the impression that the older PO reps had cases that weren't the right size...40mm across the case and pretty much identical in size to a Sub. Later ones (so I've been lead to believe) have more accurate cases sometimes labeled "swiss" cases that have a more accurate size, HeV position, etc. Someone please correct me if I'm mistaken.

Mancman

Horology Curious
19/1/11
Sorry G20, err G30, for my ignorance and lack of knowledge on PO's. If it is a 45.5mm PO shown then maybe Narikaa should have made that clear especially as the thread is about the 42mm version. Anyway, whatever, I was just making an observation on the size of my PO. Whether mine is the 'correct' size or not or whether my measuring is just cross-eyed, I am still delighted by my watch.

I just feel that our TD's should clarify what dimension of a particular watch they are quoting when listing sizes. One TD quotes the PO 42mm DIAL DIMENSION as 42mm. Clearly it is not. Once again, thank you all for your comments leading on from my original post. Hopefully my education on reps will increase the more I indulge in this addictive hobby!

narikaa

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
15/3/06
Perhaps I should make it clear

That Im not quite the hydrocephalic moron some seem to think

The one above is a 42mm

This ones the 45mm:

IMG_2650.jpg

Mancman

Horology Curious
19/1/11
Thanks for the confirmation Narikaa. I'm convinced that your 42mm PO is a little larger than my 5th gen example, but I'd need to get a pair of those nifty orange calipers to double check mine! Your contribution is appreciated and thank you for taking the time to read this thread.

narikaa

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
15/3/06
Civility from a 'digger' ;)

PM me a shipping address and I'll post you a pair

:)

Mancman

Horology Curious
19/1/11
Thanks for the 'compliment' Narikaa! There is certainly some civility here in the 'colonies';) Oh, and sorry for the G20 reference G30. I wonder if those money men where gens or reps. Probably reps to save money!

amptor

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
1/5/07
45mm gen PO is smaller than I thought it would be. With my initial measurements before trying one on at the AD, it should not have fit but it does.