• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

4130 ticking second hand on Daytonas

MaximillianGT

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
5/6/23
DE
Hi all, I have bought 4 “superclone 4130” Daytonas and even the new BT panda. However the second hand ticks noticeably. My friend bought an authentic and it doesn’t sweep the same as a sub or GMT, however the ticking is so off putting, esp when you dish out the high price for the BT Daytonas. No “Watch maker” in Toronto can fix. Or understand what to do to improve it. Has anyone had this experience and what have you done to address it. Thanks for the help guys!
Change the entire wheel train, balance, and a few parts starting with the number 8, plus the LIGA chrono second wheel can fix this. The problem is how much are you gonna pay for a rep?

Reactions: Dave2302

TheBigJS

Play nicely
Supporter
Certified
7/12/22
UK
Change the entire wheel train, balance, and a few parts starting with the number 8, plus the LIGA chrono second wheel can fix this. The problem is how much are you gonna pay for a rep?
But it's still going to tick, they all do, you can see it on a brand new 12xxxx model on a phone screen!

Last edited: