• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

4130 ticking second hand on Daytonas

Seacol

Horology Curious
6/3/24
Hi all, I have bought 4 “superclone 4130” Daytonas and even the new BT panda. However the second hand ticks noticeably. My friend bought an authentic and it doesn’t sweep the same as a sub or GMT, however the ticking is so off putting, esp when you dish out the high price for the BT Daytonas. No “Watch maker” in Toronto can fix. Or understand what to do to improve it. Has anyone had this experience and what have you done to address it. Thanks for the help guys!

Reactions: tomriddle

Seacol

Horology Curious
6/3/24
Hi all, I have bought 4 “superclone 4130” Daytonas and even the new BT panda. However the second hand ticks noticeably. My friend bought an authentic and it doesn’t sweep the same as a sub or GMT, however the ticking is so off putting, esp when you dish out the high price for the BT Daytonas. No “Watch maker” in Toronto can fix. Or understand what to do to improve it. Has anyone had this experience and what have you done to address it. Thanks for the help guys!

• Haha
Reactions: Dave2302

RDRoss

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
28/5/19
You can’t do much to improve this as it is the same on the Gen watches. Have a look at a few online videos. Note that the clone 4130s can take Gen parts so the only real advantage to upgrading is reliability not functionality.
Just my two cents.

Ps. My dude, I would think about introducing yourself and catching up on the stickies in this section before spamming the site looking for answers. Folks are likely to have some fun at your expense. Also, @eBoy does like to welcome folks to these parts.

Guns N Roses GIF

Last edited:

Feefo

Your cleverness is mistaken for your cleverness
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
8/5/22
EU
Threads merged. @Seacol one thread for the same topic is sufficient.

Reactions: Dave2302 and RDRoss

TheBigJS

Play nicely
Supporter
Certified
7/12/22
UK
My friend bought an authentic
Daytona?
Of course he did, you've got 4 fake Daytona's and a friend with a gen.

I really can't see the problem.

All Rolex, fake or gen tick, all modern ones 8 ticks a second, 28800 beats per hour.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dave2302 and t.m.m

Dave2302

Self Confessed Eejit
Supporter
Patron
Certified
19/11/23
Bumfuck Nowhere
All Rolex, fake or gen tick, all modern ones 8 ticks a second, 28800 beats per hour.

100% Agreed (y)

And ................

That 99.5% of the populace that is oft mentioned comes into play regarding the 21600 BPH movements, sure, a lot of us on here can spot it, but IRL most wouldn't have a clue nor give a fuck what we have on our wrists ;)

The only ones that worry about it are usually the ones who want everyone to think they own gens and are paranoid about being captured by their peers :ROFLMAO:

My step son is a manager of a huge printer firm in England, these guys print huge posters for the likes of Mercedes, McLaren, Calendars, Invites etc.

He has a keen eye for detail. He also has a fascination for the watches I buy, he wants to buy a rep, but he is paranoid someone in his peers will notice its a rep, and he always tries to find faults .............

Case in point, Breitlings changed their Logo on newer model Navitimers, after staring at mine for absolute ages he proudly declared that the Logo was wrong, I just smiled and assured him it wasn't since this one is a new Model. He was comparing to pics of an older model Gen on Chrono 24 UK :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

t.m.m

Known Member
Certified
10/11/23
Nuremberg, Germany
The only ones that worry about it are usually the ones who want everyone to think they own gens and are paranoid about being captured by their peers :ROFLMAO:
I have both and strange colleges too. But I don't talk about clones, and literally no one would see the difference anyway. Who knows all the details for watches from 2018, for a Rolex, IWC, Panarei etc? Ok, my Gen Rolex is an Explorer II, that's easy. But all the others are more difficult and no one can tell you anything about them.

Would I buy a gen again? No, the whole drama with the dealers has become too extreme for me. I was recently at Bucherer's because he was moving, and I wanted to take a look around. He had two Panerei watches on display, one for 180k and the other for 250k, and the explanation for the price difference between a steel or ceramic watch was hair-raising (a story for itself). The Rolex Explorer II that I bought there in 2018 for 7k is being sold as Certified Pre-Owned for 12k. So I no longer need those with their wise gloves who were previously car salesmen. At Wempe the conversation was much better and more honest. Still, that doesn't change the fact that a 47mm Submersible Stahl costs 10k and the 47mm Carbotech costs 20k. These differences cannot be explained by anything. That's why I'm sticking with the replicas today, and the way back is closed.

TheBigJS

Play nicely
Supporter
Certified
7/12/22
UK
I've had people say my VSF 126610LV (ceramic green Submariner) is fake because;
  • It's not heavy enough
  • It's got rubber seal at the crown
  • It's got a solid caseback
  • It visably ticks
  • The bracelet isn't polished centre links
So, clearly people with plenty of hands on gen Rolex experience!
No one has commented on the slightly dull rehaut and weak engraving, the wrong shade AR on the cyclops, the too thin date font, that the date is a tiny bit high of centre, the wrong bezel sound, the slightly slopppy bracelet gapping/glide lock/folding clasp sound (compared to gen, it is very good still), the slightly wrong bezel insert colour, that the bezel is unfinished compared to gen, the not white gold hands or indices and for a long time the fact one of the links was a £3 eBay special 316L stainless, 16mm not 17mm, filed to fit and had it's screw on wrong side!

It's been in the hands of three Rolex owners (one who has a Sub), all thought it was gen.

Last edited:

TheBigJS

Play nicely
Supporter
Certified
7/12/22
UK
100% Agreed (y)

Case in point, Breitlings changed their Logo on newer model Navitimers, after staring at mine for absolute ages he proudly declared that the Logo was wrong, I just smiled and assured him it wasn't since this one is a new Model. He was comparing to pics of an older model Gen on Chrono 24 UK :ROFLMAO:
I've seen "which is the rep" threads on gen watch forums 126610 Vs 116610 and seen people say the 116610 cause the lugs are too fat and square!
And of course the best false tell, slightly misaligned rehaut.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Dave2302

Dave2302

Self Confessed Eejit
Supporter
Patron
Certified
19/11/23
Bumfuck Nowhere
That's why I'm sticking with the replicas today, and the way back is closed.
100% agreed, exactly my ethos for the same reasons.

Plus I actually lost 2 gen watches whilst Waterskiing many moons ago, both times a hard fall, watch hit a Wakeboard on one ocassion, and the second I have no idea, suspect a lug pin broke as the Ski Line handle hit my wrist. Neither were insured for activities and that was a hard hit financially, back then they would have cost circa £15k to replace.

The fact that the reps have improved aesthetically soooo much these days, and me finding RWI sealed the deal for me late last year.

sorginator

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/12/23
100% agreed, exactly my ethos for the same reasons.

Plus I actually lost 2 gen watches whilst Waterskiing many moons ago, both times a hard fall, watch hit a Wakeboard on one ocassion, and the second I have no idea, suspect a lug pin broke as the Ski Line handle hit my wrist. Neither were insured for activities and that was a hard hit financially, back then they would have cost circa £15k to replace.

The fact that the reps have improved aesthetically soooo much these days, and me finding RWI sealed the deal for me late last year.
Taking a 15k watch waterskiing is absolutely wild, I have a $30 aliexpress special that I wouldn't even take there

• Haha
Reactions: t.m.m and Dave2302

Dave2302

Self Confessed Eejit
Supporter
Patron
Certified
19/11/23
Bumfuck Nowhere
It is only a watch lol, sure I was pissed at the time, but back then I was earning way above average and spending it too :ROFLMAO:
I was still competing in Barefoot Waterskiing Comps at age 51, very very wild in my younger days, I started slowing down a tad when I hit 60 a couple of years back !

Many of our local younger folks are lovely but they are scared of anything and everything including their own shadows which is very very sad.
The older generation Highlanders are like me, many are older and still proper hardy old fuckers, big rolls of roofing felt on shoulders walking up ladders etc.

Reactions: sorginator

Dave2302

Self Confessed Eejit
Supporter
Patron
Certified
19/11/23
Bumfuck Nowhere
LOL, That /\ /\ /\ just reminded me when I was in my early 20's ..............

Back then I actually had hair and I used to run Nightclub doors.

There was one particular club that used Van de Graaff generators to run a spectacular "lightning" type of light show high up above the dance floor, and knowing a fair bit about 'Lectrickery, Rubber DM Soles and Wooden Dancefloors, I went and found a length of copper tube in the back of the club stores, it was a quiet night and I ended up doing the Hair Trick :ROFLMAO:

This went down well with a couple of the local young ladies, one of whom had very long hair.
Long story short I talked her into straddling my hips with her legs and hands round me neck, (well ya would wouldn't ya), then we repeated the experiment ....................

Her hair went fuckin' awesome like a big fluffy beach ball halo around her head with the colorful lighting behind her. Needless to say I pulled and took her back to mine after ;)

tomriddle

25/6/07
..a Rolex that tick tocks?

think about what you just said

..a rolex that tick-tocks??

Ball so hard!
got broke clock
Rollies that don't tick-tock..

sadly.. you bought bums. it's part of the rep game.. you got hustled :( and it's not that no watch maker can fix it.. they just don't want to. regardless of the business/payment transaction you'd be willing to pay.. it's their polite way of saying you got what you paid for

if you really want to fix them (why??? just buy better fakes) .. you're looking at modders NOT watchsmiths/etc.. and specifically.. movement swaps/better movement.. the heart is the problem.. if the heart is no good.. well, you see the result.. but this path is for more experienced people/more knowledgable than me..

at the end of the day.. is the hassle worth it? it's a fake.. get a better fake :ninja: