• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

300M smp chrono vs. Planet Ocean

boostin20

Put Some Respect On My Name
8/9/10
USA
I ordered this, and should have it Monday-

22015100-20.png

jfdupuis

14/5/10
Nice! I'm sure you'll love it! Make sure to post some pics when you get it!

boostin20

8/9/10
USA
Nice! I'm sure you'll love it! Make sure to post some pics when you get it!

I definitely will! I got it in on Monday, opened the box, and it was the wrong watch. I had to overnight it back to the AD, and I should get my correct one tomorrow morning.

angkikee

Known Member
14/12/10
Good choice. i just saw this thread and i was about to chime in PO and it looks like you've already decided on that.

IMO it's not always the wrist and watch size relationship that determines what you can pull off, but also your personality and character.

the SMP is nice but if i had to buy a Gen i would buy the SMP Chronograph. it's more substantial and i don't have a problem hiding it under a shirt sleeve. it's a nice classy watch and about the same price i think as the 42mm PO.

boostin20

8/9/10
USA
Got my PO in yesterday, and will post a thread in the gen section later. Here's a teaser shot-

P1000736.jpg

By-Tor

I'm Pretty Popular
16/3/06
First I couldn't decide between 42mm PO and Bond Seamaster, either. But I decided to buy the Bond because it has more "unique" Omega-like design... PO is very nice but perhaps it's a bit too much "Sub like".

I wanted the old model without the Co-Axial movement because I don't like that jerky sweep on the new Omega movement.

I first had the rep for 4 years and since the appeal never went away, I decided to get the gen. Today I would make the same decision.

IMG_1535.jpg

frames.jpg

boostin20

8/9/10
USA
^Nice!

It was a very difficult decision for me also, and I still love the 300m. The versatility of the PO to be a sports or dress watch sold me though. I'd have no problem putting the black w/ white stitching strap on mine and wear it at a black tie event if I wanted. I do see a 300m chrono diver in my future though!

rychastings

2/10/10
The SMP 300 is rather poorly replicated while the PO replicas are extremely accurate and imo are amazing

Vote: Go with the PO

jwortho

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/9/08
Love both as reps, but prefer the feel of the SMP, much more comfortable bracelet.