• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

2nd purhase with Hont a disappointment

kegs

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/9/09
just had a disappointing experience from hont...and my first purchase from him too…purchased a ceramic sub and yacht master...the bezel to the ym was detached and the cyclops to the sub was slanted...i sent hont an email expressing my disappointment but all i got back was that ….he does his best and if I have a problem with it then tell him….i don’t expect a 1:1 for $160 but an obvious flaw I would expect to be picked up….ah well….lesson learnt….

mpg54

Known Member
29/8/09
Got the watch back from repair, looks much better now, but still not 100% perfect. Sorry, too lazy to post new pics. I emailed Hont and he's agreed to discount my next purchase.

Hont was going to be the only Dealer I was going to purchase from, but after this experience I'm more than willing to try others.

steve12345

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
4/9/06
just had a disappointing experience from hont...and my first purchase from him too…purchased a ceramic sub and yacht master...the bezel to the ym was detached and the cyclops to the sub was slanted...i sent hont an email expressing my disappointment but all i got back was that ….he does his best and if I have a problem with it then tell him….i don’t expect a 1:1 for $160 but an obvious flaw I would expect to be picked up….ah well….lesson learnt….

I thought he personally looks over each watch prior to shipping? may be not?

beachcat

Known Member
30/7/09
I had a qc problem with him about a year ago and he was trying to say to me that I wore it and it was used (not true) . The 7750 had no power reserve. i only remembered this as I was cleaning up my emails and saved the whole email back and forth to him. Ultimately he refunded the purchase and I sent the watch to a guy in the USA to fix and then he resold it as used. Since then I only deal with SEAD in the USA. he does QC and sends a pic to you before shipping . He also winds the watch and sets the time and checks back a day latter to see if the time is correct. i find a trend with most dealers is that they are quick to get back to you on pending new order but if there is a problem they blow you off and their fluent English becomes broken Chinese .

steve
You said a mouthful !!
I am having exactly the same problem. My watch was defective from the day I got it. The minute there is an issue with the watch they say it's used ?

What a shame.