• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

2nd order From PureTime and i have a problem - Order #100277667

ExtraExtra

Il Valore del Tempo
21/3/07
Up where we belong
If it's simplely just noise, many reps have. If the fallen/loose rotor happens before shipping, why would we ship it since we need to handel the issue when it arrives?
Agree and absolutely makes sense (y)

So you agree that testing for noisy rotor should be one of the test?

AsSyX

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/2/21
My suggestion for you is to just replace the movement (it's like $100 on Aliexpress) instead of risking your $1000 replica in the return process in China.

You can easily open up the watch with a $10 rubber ball you can buy on Amazon or watch supply store.

Would you have a link on Aliexpress for this movement please ?

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Open the watch by removing the case back.
If it's a loose rotor it is much cheaper and easier to fix than replacing the entire movement.

AsSyX

9/2/21
Open the watch by removing the case back.
If it's a loose rotor it is much cheaper and easier to fix than replacing the entire movement.

I'm going to try it on my own but I don't know much about it.

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
I'm going to try it on my own but I don't know much about it.

Unscrew the case, back, remove it from the watch, take a pic of what's inside and post it in this thread.

Giammy

Day-tune
3/9/23
I had the same identical issue in a clean factory Daytona with dandong4130, supposed to be the best replica movement for the Daytona…
Furthermore have the second’s hand of the cronograph that spin crazy.
Found that some screws was left not tightened and rotor was loose.
Had to change cronograph wheel and have to rebuild back and lubricate the whole movement.

• Haha
Reactions: TESLA760

Giammy

Day-tune
3/9/23
……. Remember you are buying a replica that is assembled in non ideal conditions by people getting paid below minimum wage. QC and standards are really non existent.
That’s true but is supposed to be ok same when paying a superclone…
I compared my gen Daytona with the replica and in terms of noises and ticking it has nothing to do with the original but in any case it shouldn't make all that noise nor should it dance on the wrist… that’s a fault

• Haha
Reactions: TESLA760

AsSyX

9/2/21
Unscrew the case, back, remove it from the watch, take a pic of what's inside and post it in this thread.
Hello,

I found a watchmaker who was kind enough to have a look.
He told me that there was a design problem: the mechanism is correctly screwed to the case but it is too thick, which means that the case back cannot be screwed in completely and that the balance is rubbing against the case back (which causes the abnormal noise).

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Hello,

He told me that there was a design problem: the mechanism is correctly screwed to the case but it is too thick, which means that the case back cannot be screwed in completely and that the balance is rubbing against the case back (which causes the abnormal noise).

It must be a problem with your watch, they make thousands of these, if it was like this on every watch then people would be complaining about it everywhere.
Did he offer a solution ?

Giammy

Day-tune
3/9/23
Hello,

Can solution be to change the screw?