• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

2nd order From PureTime and i have a problem - Order #100277667

AsSyX

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/2/21
Hello,

I ordered a Rolex

Yacht-Master 126655 KF 1:1 Best Edition RG Wrapped Black Dial on Oysterflex Strap VR3235

and had a few problems :

- the shipping time was very long because apparently the supplier had initially sent a poor quality replica.

- I have just received my watch and I have a big problem with the noise of the balance wheel. I have never had this with any watch ... both branded watches and automatic replicas.

Have a look at the video :

What can you suggest?

Thanks

Reaps

-
25/9/22
Well, I suggest not violating shaking your wrist. Almost like shaking your wrist violently causes the spinning metal rotor in your watch to be louder.

Take it to a watch maker to see if the rotor if it can be silenced, or if something is wrong with the rotor bearing. I don't know if this is your first 3235 but the new "3235" movements have a new ball bearing rotor, which is known to be noiser than normal.

But, to be honest with you, while that is not "normal" for a VR3235, it isn't really "abnormal". Remeber you are buying a replica that is assembled in non ideal conditions by people getting paid below minimum wage. QC and standards are really non existent.

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Sounds like the rotor has come loose or has detached from the movement and is loose inside the watch. Stop shaking the watch around like that until it's been checked out.

Last edited:

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
It's better to ask a watchsmith open to confirm first whether rotor is loose or not . if nothing loose or fallen, he can try to oil to slient it a bit.

Reactions: Dave2302

AsSyX

9/2/21
Hello,

I also have a Rolex replica (Submariner 41mm 126610 LN VSF 1:1 VS3235) with exactly the same movement that I bought from PureTime in 2021 and there is absolutely no noise.
So I can easily compare!

If you want me to have the watch inspected, Who could do that, given that it's not an authentic watch...and who's going to pay the bill ?

As for the comment about "not forgetting that I'm buying a replica", I know that.
But what I also know is that it's not a $50 replica... I paid $827 for it, and at that price it would be normal to have something that works properly when I receive it.

Wouldn't it be simpler to replace the watch ?.

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
Hello,

I also have a Rolex replica (Submariner 41mm 126610 LN VSF 1:1 VS3235) with exactly the same movement that I bought from PureTime in 2021 and there is absolutely no noise.
So I can easily compare!

If you want me to have the watch inspected, Who could do that, given that it's not an authentic watch...and who's going to pay the bill ?

As for the comment about "not forgetting that I'm buying a replica", I know that.
But what I also know is that it's not a $50 replica... I paid $827 for it, and at that price it would be normal to have something that works properly when I receive it.

No, it's not same movement. Factory can replace the watch but The premise is stickers are not removed.

AsSyX

9/2/21
No, it's not same movement. Factory can replace the watch but The premise is stickers are not removed.
I still have the stickers on the watch as it hasn't been worn. So can you make the swap ?

Reaps

-
25/9/22
Hello,

So I can easily compare!

My suggestion for you is to just replace the movement (it's like $100 on Aliexpress) instead of risking your $1000 replica in the return process in China.

You can easily open up the watch with a $10 rubber ball you can buy on Amazon or watch supply store.

Also, VS3235 and VR3235 are two different movements. And this watch is expensive because you asked for a "tungsten" variant, not the quality of the movement itself.

ExtraExtra

Il Valore del Tempo
21/3/07
Up where we belong
Yes, you can return to us. If we find out it's new, we can exchange for you
Just a thought.

Detailed pics and timegrapher results are already provided before shipping. Could this (rotor noise check) perhaps be one of the QC items dealers need to check for in the future before shipping?

puretime

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
16/3/06
Could this (rotor noise check) perhaps be one of the QC items dealers need to check for in the future before shipping?
If it's simplely just noise, many reps have. If the fallen/loose rotor happens before shipping, why would we ship it since we need to handel the issue when it arrives?

Blackieray

Flâneur
Supporter
Certified
11/12/21
Near the Atlantic
One of RWI's watchsmiths has this posted on their site. It sums up the issue quite well.
"They span the gamut from reliable, well lubricated, and clean, to dirty, under or over lubricated, and unreliable. The men and women manufacturing and assembling these movements are not passionate watchmakers, but poorly paid Chinese laborers. The results of their labor go thousands of miles away and neither they or their bosses are held accountable.

In essence, clone movement factories typically prioritize external aesthetics over properly built internal mechanisms. This allows them to produce movements that might look similar to those in high-end luxury watches but lack the precision and durability associated with Swiss timepieces"