• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

2nd batch 5th Gen PO 42mm nolonger Ult?

ck6459

11/9/10
Dear all,

I ordered a 5th Gen 42mm PO from a RWI trusted dealer a few days ago and the QC photos are as followed...
The dealer has agreed to solve the problem once the issues was identified.
Just post this thread to check if anyone else got this for their recent purchase.

Differences from previous batch:
The word: Co-axial chronometer is no longer there
1.jpg

The AR is blue instead of purple (may be due to the lighting condition)
2.jpg

The case back serial number is no longer there.
5.jpg

6.jpg

The dealer told me that these are the flaws of the new batch.
Does any else having the same problem?

ck6459

11/9/10
Which dealer did you order from/link?
I got it from a Trusted dealer
They told me the watch is the same 5th Gen after I ordered it.
I really have no idea about the flaws until the watch was shipped, lets see what happen when I get it tmr.:thud:

no not the same batch.
Overall, the QC pics look ok. Perhaps the makers weren't at their prime after their long holiday...
Lets hope the next batch will be better.

madcatlancelot

I'm Pretty Popular
21/12/08
I can live without the missing serial number but the missing dial text is just wrong... JMO.

G30

I'm Pretty Popular
12/1/11
Damn, I just dodged a bullet. MR just notified me on 2/24 that the "new" batch has arrived.

ck6459

11/9/10
Damn, I just dodged a bullet. MR just notified me on 2/24 that the "new" batch has arrived.
Lucky you. Seems like I was the first to receive this batch...

I can live without the missing serial number but the missing dial text is just wrong... JMO.
Ya I agree, but I think it is really bad that the new batch is getting less accurate and less detail. Now, missing co-axial... and serial number, maybe the later batch will have no Planet Ocean or Professional printed on the clasp :skeptical:

G30

I'm Pretty Popular
12/1/11
Ahhh crap... I'm sorry. Not to detract from your situation which obviously sucks and may very well be a HUGE concern to a number of people. I was just surprised it was MR and reacted to the fact that I nearly bought one. Thank you for this post.

MReplica

Trusted Dealer
Trusted Dealer
31/3/09
To CK4659:
I did not notice the dial missing letters. So it's my mistake.
But I've not said that the missing letters are common flaws to you, right?
I'would absolutely not have shipped it out if I found it, since that would bring both of us inconvenience.

And you only spotted the missing serial number on the caseback when I sent you QC pics, and accepted it. That's why I shipped it out.
But I immediately email you the flaw on dial and made apology when I got notice form the maker.
And have told you that there will be solutions which will be fair to you once the maker comes up with new dials. You can choose either refund or brand new watch. But Please keep the watch intact when you get it soon.

I refunded another member immediatly here who ordered the same watch after your order. So you're the first buyer of mine here after the new batch comes out Jack.

ck6459

11/9/10
Ahhh crap... I'm sorry. Not to detract from your situation which obviously sucks and may very well be a HUGE concern to a number of people. I was just surprised it was MR and reacted to the fact that I nearly bought one. Thank you for this post.
It is not the problem with MR, I failed to realized that the words are missing from the QC...anyway is the factory that made the error not the dealer.

To CK4659:
I did not notice the dial missing letters. So it's my mistake.
But I've not said that the missing letters are common flaws to you, right?
I'would absolutely not have shipped it out if I found it, since that would bring both of us inconvenience.

And you only spotted the missing serial number on the caseback when I sent you QC pics, and accepted it. That's why I shipped it out.
But I immediately email you the flaw on dial and made apology when I got notice form the maker.
And have told you that there will be solutions which will be fair to you once the maker comes up with new dials. You can choose either refund or brand new watch. But Please keep the watch intact when you get it soon.

I refunded another member immediatly here who ordered the same watch after your order. So you're the first buyer of mine here after the new batch comes out Jack.
Sorry for the misunderstanding.
Just to clarify, I wasn't trying to file a complain against MR and MR has agreed to solve the problem before I even started this thread.
What I want to do is to make sure that I am the only one who get the flawed batch and no one else is having the same problem. That's why I post this thread under Omega section instead of the dealer's review section.
Anyway, MR is always good in after sales service even if the issue wasn't caused by them.
Once again sorry for the hassle.

AHX

Renowned Member
3/12/10
From the first few posts it did appear as though it was tarnishing the dealer, but your clarification more than makes up for it, this was clearly just a misunderstanding and I certainly don't view it as anything against the dealer based on your most recent post, just a raise of concern to fellow members about the model itself. Well handled ck :)

ck6459

11/9/10
From the first few posts it did appear as though it was tarnishing the dealer, but your clarification more than makes up for it, this was clearly just a misunderstanding and I certainly don't view it as anything against the dealer based on your most recent post, just a raise of concern to fellow members about the model itself. Well handled ck :)
Thanks for your support, at first I did not want to cause trouble for the dealer that's why I write "Trusted dealer" instead of saying the name. I already edited the whole thread so it will appear less like a complain.

mattheis

Renowned Member
7/5/07
looks like they fixed the spacing under the logo at least ; ) ... but at a price.

G30

I'm Pretty Popular
12/1/11

It is not the problem with MR, I failed to realized that the words are missing from the QC...anyway is the factory that made the error not the dealer.

Understood. I said "I was just surprised it was MR" because of his reputation here. His QC is renown as well as his after sale service. Based on last years poll, both Lay and MR are considered to be the top 2 trusted dealers, in that order. A large number of people here consider MR to be a friend. And, yes, I am aware of the differences between what "the factory" does and what the dealers strive to do. No blame here.

pilworx

alien member
8/2/09
hmmm...i was just thinking about getting this from MR as well.
take a good look at the dial hour markers in the op's first post; they look crooked and misaligned. especially the 6 and 9 marker.
total bummer.

ck6459

11/9/10
I think MR has gotten a correct batch from the maker now, I will try to order a new one from them later on.

pilworx

alien member
8/2/09
just clued in this is about the 42mm version.
i'm after the 45.5mm one.

MartyNC

Known Member
22/9/09
So they fixed / improved the pearl at least. That part is nice. I am not picky about the movement, but the dial SNAFU makes the watch look.........off balance.