• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

292 H factory

presence00

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/10/12
Experts and interested parties,

Can anyone tell me if the 292 M - HF (H factory), judged a super rep, and the 292 J - HF, judged pending/first class, have the same color text? I know the consensus is that the 292J from noob has better text than the 292J HF, but I never found a thread directly comparing the two best H factory 292 reps. Likely, they share the same text color (eg, wrong compared to gen) but I figured it could not hurt to ask around here.

I'm currently leaning towards the 292M HFactory in part because my brain hurts after looking at all these threads so much and the PAM guide tells me it is the only 292 super rep :)

Thanks for your help.

straycat

Renowned Member
27/11/12
The 292J got ceramic crown. The rest are pretty much on par. I do own the Noob version and very happy with.

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Hi friend

The concepts of Super rep or First Class rep are very subjective. A Super rep for me can perfectly be a First Class rep for you and vice versa. Resides, there are no scientific definitions to this status of quality.
But this is a system to get some idea about the quality of a rep. I can assure you that all replicas classified in the PAM GUIDE as Super reps or First Class rep will be good enough, and you don’t get disappointed after a purchase of them. In the same way, a Low grade rep will be always a disappointing deal.
Anyway, we have tried to get the evaluations by a general consensus between many members involved, in this way the replicas have an Evaluation grade in agreement with many fans opinion.
Last evaluation threads even give you the percentage of people voting for Super rep status or frst Class one, and you can know the names of the members voting each option. Therefore we can have a more precise idea about the quality of the watch.
Many new releases from prestigious makers could be considered as Super replicas directly, but some disappointing introductions, like PAM 360 Noob, 288 fitted with Seagull ST19… recommend us to be prudent and to wait for more info, more studies, reviews and opinions about the new replicas before a definitive evaluation.
This is the goal of “Pending Future Evaluationsâ€. We classify the rep in a lower grade as First Class replica but Pending Future evaluations to upgrade it to Super replica or keep the status. Usually the rep confirm its prestige and get the Super rep status but not always.
Concerning PAM 292 J either from H maker or Noob, they are, of course, better than last versions as 292M, but we must wait for a definitive official Evaluation.
Most likely if these reps don’t get the Super rep status, we should consider downgrading of 292M to First Class because it is inferior to last ones.
If you ask me now about what is the best version between Noob and H maker, I really think it is Noob: it has ceramic crown and surely better ceramic material (we have not yet evidence) and maybe better sandwich dial in general. But the price is higher. Is it worth? It really depends on you and your position about this matter.

Another thing to bear in mind is that every day people are more exigent concerning quality of PAM replicas, because they are becoming more and more accurate and precise. Some flaws accepted in the past will not at all accepted at this moment. And we will see a more hard way to get the Super rep status in current and future releases.

ALE

manwolf

4/4/13
it's interesting how an educated customer base drives the market as far as quality goes!

the 292 is definitely my next pam in a few months. Great info as always, Ale!

presence00

1/10/12
Ale, thank you for your response. Much of what you said jives with what I had been able to glean, but it is gratifying to hear it spelled out nonetheless.

Now, to hide $ from my wife, I mean, procure funds... :)

John71

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
23/3/12
Love that 292 from Noob but sad the no pig version has this terrible flaw on the dial