• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

2824-2/PT5000 question

Blitza

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
31/5/20
EU
Hey guys,

Iam trying a movement swap but it cant seem to get the datewheel on.
It keeps jumping out of place, could anyone assist me in fixing this?

Thanks alot!

vdusanv

Renowned Member
16/1/15
In These places date wheel must be inserted in movement, first you put it in on left side then put the plate on and screw down the plate. It is working fine for me all the time.

Reactions: Blitza

Blitza

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
31/5/20
EU
In These places date wheel must be inserted in movement, first you put it in on left side then put the plate on and screw down the plate. It is working fine for me all the time.
Thanks so much! It was indeed the left side "spring" which wasnt seated right.

Blitza

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
31/5/20
EU
@vdusanv any special way of attaching this hourhand? Seems way too big and moves freely but came of a same movement...

vdusanv

Renowned Member
16/1/15
With these hands is usually problem in inner tube on hand that is attached to the movement. If hands are too tight attached to pinion the tube can go off. Check with micro lense, tube might be still on cannon pinion from minute hand. I had the same problem.
Or dial is too thick or cannon pinion for hour and minute hands is too low.

vdusanv

Renowned Member
16/1/15
You should check the old movement, tube from hour hand is still on, I think you will need new hour hand.

Blitza

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
31/5/20
EU
Thanks for the reply again! Totally forgot the golden cog which connects the timesetting :') im such a noob

Reactions: Karbon74

vdusanv

Renowned Member
16/1/15
How is the Omega Planet ocean 2500 45.5 that you bought here M2M? Is it OK? I am looking for one.

Blitza

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
31/5/20
EU
I sold it,now have a black orange bezel po and a blue smp 300 which iam tryinf to assemble

Reactions: vdusanv

Blitza

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
31/5/20
EU
Thanks for answering, good luck with assembly.
It was a great watch btw but i needed some funds at that time.

First time movement swap.. i feel like a god.
Somehow the date change only happens manually in date setting time.but i dont care.

Will try the deco plate attachment tomorrow and the rotor.

vdusanv

Renowned Member
16/1/15

Somehow the date change only happens manually in date setting time.but i dont care.

Great work.
I miss your sales, I bought one yesterday, a little abused but I will try to fix it. Crown has a problem and bezel insert needs to be replaced. I will see how this goes. All the best from Slovenia.

Blitza

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
31/5/20
EU
Great work.
I miss your sales, I bought one yesterday, a little abused but I will try to fix it. Crown has a problem and bezel insert needs to be replaced. I will see how this goes. All the best from Slovenia.
Great one at a great price was tempted as well. Should both be an easy fix and cheap :)
No Sales from me soon i hope.. sry

shinynewbling25

aprilia
29/1/15
Where your daughter is
Just out of curiosity, was this a VSF seamaster? I have a broken one. I should be able to swap in a 2824-2/PT5000 as well? Any particular specific variation of those movements I would need? I will probably destroy the hands but if I had the exact movement may be able to bring it to someone. Although the crown stripping issues is happening. I should probably just cut my losses and get another. It's just so darn good though, lol.

vdusanv

Renowned Member
16/1/15

If date doesn't change automatically is problem here somewhere

Blitza

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
31/5/20
EU
Just out of curiosity, was this a VSF seamaster? I have a broken one. I should be able to swap in a 2824-2/PT5000 as well? Any particular specific variation of those movements I would need? I will probably destroy the hands but if I had the exact movement may be able to bring it to someone. Although the crown stripping issues is happening. I should probably just cut my losses and get another. It's just so darn good though, lol.
It is! You can swap anything except the "regulator deco"
A crown is not that expensive and easy replace, i bought this movement and it runs around 4 sec a day.

Ik heb net dit geweldige item op AliExpress gevonden. Bekijk het nu! €55,08 49%OFF | Echte H.k Pt5000 Automatische Mechanische Beweging Goud/Zilveren Versie Top Kloon 2824-2 Hoge Nauwkeurigheid 25 Juwelen

shinynewbling25

aprilia
29/1/15
Where your daughter is
It is! You can swap anything except the "regulator deco"
A crown is not that expensive and easy replace, i bought this movement and it runs around 4 sec a day.

I just found this great item on AliExpress. Check it now! €55.08 49%OFF | Genuine HK PT5000 Automatic Mechanical Movement Gold/Silver Version Top Clone 2824-2 High Accuracy 25 Jewels

Thanks you very much! I just bought that movement in the link. Any idea where to source a crown besides asking a TD? After watching your video this seems like something I can do. I had a lot of trouble re-inserting hands one time I tried before on a 2836 and unsuccessful with a second hand on a Miyota 8xxx movement but I guess I can't make a broken watch worse right? Fingers crossed. Would be great to have my seamaster working again. Thanks again.

Last edited:
Reactions: Blitza and Karbon74

Karbon74

Unrivalled Super Hottie
Patron
Certified
5/5/23
EU - Kanto Region
Thanks you very much! I just bought that movement in the link. Any idea where to source a crown besides asking a TD? After watching your video this seems like something I can do. I had a lot of trouble re-inserting hands one time I tried before on a 2836 and unsuccessful with a second hand on a Miyota 8xxx movement but I guess I can't make a broken watch worse right? Fingers crossed. Would be great to have my seamaster working again. Thanks again.
might be helpful. no idea of quality
Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out! US $24.79 40% Off | For Omega 300 Series Watch Accessories, Inner Lock, Outside Line, Thickness, Teeth, Steel Crown Parts Tool 1 PCS