• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

243 Noob or H-factory

Del

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
15/7/10
Oh no, don't tell me my CP is brushed and not polished? The horror!

:D

Jake48

Renowned Member
17/3/06
Oh no, don't tell me my CP is brushed and not polished? The horror!
:D

I see you get it! :) Have to say, unless the crowd you hang with wear 10X loupes for glasses all the time, not likely anyone is ever going to notice with the naked eye, that's for sure...

Well I'm pretty sure the gens aren't made in Italy either ;-) but its reasonable to expect a certain number of duds when there is pretty much zero QC going on at the rep factories.

However I don't think you can just brush off the multiple issues other members have had with their Noob 243's. If you consider minor: brushed CP, spotty crystal quality, DOA movements, crooked or falling out bezel markers, loose bezels. Now maybe you and several others here have had zero issues, and found the Noob 243 to be rock solid and that's great. But you can't just minimize the problems that others have had with theirs. And why would a V2 be necessary? It all depends how concerned you are with accuracy, I'm pretty sure at some point a new version will be released that at least addresses the brushed CP. The question is, will there be new issues to contend with at that point? Probably, but that's all part of the game.

As far as I know there is only one owner of. Noob 243L complaining of a spotty crystal. All the other posts I read were just people repeating what was written by one individual. I may have missed other owners of the noob 243L reporting spotty or cloudy crystals, but I read RWI, RWG and RG pretty regularly and don't remember anyone saying that. Can you provide some links?

As far as the DOA movements I read about two others beside myself that we're DOA. Do you know of others? Again, it would be nice to have links so we can tell if this is a real issue or just the same incidents being repeated from one forum to another.

My 243L rotor came off during shipping and one of the other guys that posted a DOA movement had the exact same issue. I am not sure of the third, but I would guess it's likely the same issue. As I have been collecting Reps for about 15 years now, I can tell you with authority that minor issues like rotors falling off etc are a common occurrence, hardly an epidemic and certainly no reason to condem a specific watch.

Crooked markers and brushed vs polished cannon pin. The dealers have said this minor mistake will be corrected. Bezels falling off? Are you sure you are talking about the noob 243L? Could you be referring to the H factory 243L? I tried to remove my bezel to correct a crooked marker. I wish they came off easy! No way it was going to fall off. Any links for this problem? Sounds like another urban watch legend or faulty assembly not faulty design to me.

Wouldn't it be fair to wait and see if they correct some of these minor issues before we claim we have been "Decieved" as one person claimed on another forum?

Noticed you didn't mention lume. I think that got blown way out of proportion. I am not really sure what people are expecting when they order these watches to be truthful...

I fully agree with your statement:
"The question is, will there be new issues to contend with at that point? Probably, but that's all part of the game"

Good perspective to have. Like I said earlier, I have been at this a long time. I know a good one when I see one and the Noob 243L is AWESOME! I am just a stickler for the facts and the truth and quite honestly, people were flaming this watch with no real knowledge of the watch other than what they had heard.

My goal is not to be right or wrong, nor do I want people to take my word on anything at it's face value. I want people who are considering this watch to do some investigating on thier own and separate the truth from the rumors. With a little common sense it really is easy to determine just how good or bad this watch is. My guess is that most will be extremely happy with this watch.

MK08

Renowned Member
3/4/07
That's what I've heard as well, no real changes with this second batch of Noob 243's

MK08

Renowned Member
3/4/07
Bezels falling off? Are you sure you are talking about the noob 243L? Could you be referring to the H factory 243L?

No not bezels falling off, the bezel markers falling off. There are some pics over on RepGeek, I believe right in PureTimes sales area. I can agree with you about the CP on the Noob, I'm not the type that walks around with a loupe examining my watches, in fact I'm not a big stickler for every detail being exact on a rep. Actually dispite the fact that the 243 is one of my favorite Pam models (I've owned the gen twice I and L series) and most would agree the Noob does a pretty good job of replicating the real deal, I went with the H factory version. Only because dispite it's flaws when it comes to accuracy, it has a solid, quality (gen like) feel. Maybe the Noob does too, but the issues with it scare me off (see below).

Wouldn't it be fair to wait and see if they correct some of these minor issues before we claim we have been "Decieved" as one person claimed on another forum?

I don't believe there is any deception going on, just a matter of a new model being rushed out the door to beat CNY. I do feel there is no excuse for rotors falling off movements, or some of the other "little issues" with this rep. The way i feel is if they couldnt even get the rotor on the movement right, what other problems might be lurking. Actually thats why I changed my mind about this particular model. This may end up being a moot point if the next batch come through with less problems.

Regardless I respect your point of view as well as others who firmly stand behind the Noob. I will readily admit if you score a good one, it looks like a definite keeper. The way I see it if we keep getting great reps like the 243 we're all winners, and if you look down at your wrist and it brings a smile to your face, thats what it's all about.

Jake48

Renowned Member
17/3/06
No not bezels falling off, the bezel markers falling off. loupe examining my watches, in fact I'm not a big stickler for every detail being exact on a rep. Actually dispite the fact that the 243 is one of my favorite Pam models (I've owned the gen twice I and L series) and most would agree the Noob does a pretty good job of replicating the real deal, I went with the H factory version. Only because dispite it's flaws when it comes to accuracy, it has a solid, quality (gen like) feel. Maybe the Noob does too, but the issues with it scare me off (see below).

I don't believe there is any deception going on, just a matter of a new model being rushed out the door to beat CNY. I do feel there is no excuse for rotors falling off movements, or some of the other "little issues" with this rep. The way i feel is if they couldnt even get the rotor on the movement right, what other problems might be lurking. Actually thats why I changed my mind about this particular model. This may end up being a moot point if the next batch come through with less problems.

Regardless I respect your point of view as well as others who firmly stand behind the Noob. I will readily admit if you score a good one, it looks like a definite keeper. The way I see it if we keep getting great reps like the 243 we're all winners, and if you look down at your wrist and it brings a smile to your face, thats what it's all about.

No not bezels falling off, the bezel markers falling off.
For clarification you said "Bezels coming loose". Do you know of more than one coming loose? I have not read of anyone's bezel coming loose. Where did you hear this?

I think your concerns, rotors falling and bezel markers falling off are valid and even though they are minor (compared to something like the wrong dial font or the wrong curve of a crystal) there really is no reason for this to keep occurring.

And that brings me to the point I am trying to make. I know you are not one of them, but there have been an overwhelming number of people spreading the rumor about bad lume, cloudy crystals and bad movements when in actuality you and I have just broken it down to a few movements whose rotor's fell off and one Guy who lost some markers. Both minor issues that should be easy for the manufacturers to resolve.

When I think of flaws I think of things on the watch that require modding not assembly issues. So, from what I can tell at this point, a few watches have assembly issues.

As stated before, isn't that something that goes along with the game of collecting Rep watches? As long as the dealers stand behind their watches and repair or replace the watches that have these issues I'd say we are doing pretty good.

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
I think it's been picked apart enough. There are people on both sides of the argument. Pick whichever one you like the best.

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
Most of our TD's should be able to get stock, but not sure if the factory has released a new run yet. I know the 127/217 should be back in stock in a few days, might be the same for the 243.

Asheron82

I'm Pretty Popular
11/6/10
Most of our TD's should be able to get stock, but not sure if the factory has released a new run yet. I know the 127/217 should be back in stock in a few days, might be the same for the 243.

thanks for the heads up Bonesey, im actually waiting for the supposedly "new batch" of noob 243L with various issues like polished CP and superlumed dial fixed.

jonasprivate

I'm Pretty Popular
21/7/10
Uppdated with. Updated CP to polished, updated LSML position, updated pearl, free quick release button tools. Paid customers please wait patiently as the maker will deliver the watches within this week.

stepcorl

Horology Curious
9/10/09
Got my QC pictures of latest version today from puretime. Looks excellent. Fingers crossed, will post some pictures when it arrives.

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
I'm gonna order a Noob from Hont!!!! :bounce: