• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

243 Noob or H-factory

haysy

24/10/11
Dear guys, I know that the new released 243 is a stunning rep piece and the 1st launch a few weeks ago was from the noob factory. Now I´ve seen that Sead offers a 243 from the H-factory. As I want to put a trigger on this piece can somebody advise me in terms which one is better and why? Thanks in advance guys

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
I got the Noob version and while I can't compare the two, all I can say is that it's awesome! :D

haysy

24/10/11
Hi Bonesey, yes I know that you and all the other guys are deeply impressed by your noob version but I´d saw this introducing thread from this H-factory version and now I´m little bit confused...

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
The H factory came out with it first and it was a silly price, like $398. Then Noob released their version at $298. And tbh, when looking at them both there really isn't much between them. I've preferred Noob factory stuff for a while now so decided that was the version for me.

trksh-bzr

Mythical Poster
Advisor
25/9/09
looks like the h factory has flat pearl, but I haven't seen a macro ....

SteveG

29/6/06
H-Factory has flatter pearl, which I prefer. Noob is bulbous. Also, the noob claimed to be lumed with C3 some members reporting in fact it did not, others saying the lume was good. Noob has the correct 60 bezel clicks H 120 clicks. Noob is correct in the number of clicks, but some have reported loose bezels, in which it was remedied with dental floss. There are other subtle differences, just go with whichever you like, it still takes a combination of the two.

From what I've heard no new Noob version, same as before, which will mean sketchy lume and no polished CP. But you'll get a loose bezel with the correct clicks :)

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
H-Factory has flatter pearl, which I prefer. Noob is bulbous. Also, the noob claimed to be lumed with C3 some members reporting in fact it did not, others saying the lume was good. Noob has the correct 60 bezel clicks H 120 clicks. Noob is correct in the number of clicks, but some have reported loose bezels, in which it was remedied with dental floss. There are other subtle differences, just go with whichever you like, it still takes a combination of the two.

From what I've heard no new Noob version, same as before, which will mean sketchy lume and no polished CP. But you'll get a loose bezel with the correct clicks :)

My noob pearl is definitely not bulbous in any way. There might be a very very slight dome so it's not completely flat but it's almost zero. Lume is very bright. Wants to light up all the time. The bezel as you said is the correct 60 clicks not 120 and mine is damn nice. Clicks are very firm and solid, the bezel has no wobble at all. The crownguard lever is very firm and there's no wobble when it's open.

Del

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
15/7/10
My noob pearl is definitely not bulbous in any way. There might be a very very slight dome so it's not completely flat but it's almost zero. Lume is very bright. Wants to light up all the time. The bezel as you said is the correct 60 clicks not 120 and mine is damn nice. Clicks are very firm and solid, the bezel has no wobble at all. The crownguard lever is very firm and there's no wobble when it's open.

Exactly the same as my noob 243. :thumbsup:

If the lume is not C3 then the factory has found something better! ;)

SteveG

29/6/06
Interesting how there are such conflicting reports on these Noob versions. Everything from fantastic to issues with lume, glass, movements and bezels. My advise wait until the latest batch of noob's begin shipping, let's see what the masses say..maybe they made the improvements, or maybe they broke something else.

I just couldn't be that confident ordering one now with so many reports of problems with those that went out prior to CNY.

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
Mine was a pre-cny watch btw. I preordered from Angus as soon as I could.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

Jake48

Renowned Member
17/3/06

Exactly the same as my noob 243. :thumbsup:

If the lume is not C3 then the factory has found something better! ;)

Ditto - Same with my Noob 243. I would encourage people considering this watch to read carefully. I have made the following observations:

Of the people who own the watch only one person stated the watch did not have C3. If you read carefully you would note that he did not have the watch tested to confirm this, nor he did not compare it to the gen and only stated his opinion.

The other owners have all said they were very pleased with the lume with one person even going as far as posting a side by side time lapse with the noob 243 next to a gen watch lumed with C3- clearly showing the lume on the Rep was every bit the equal to the gen with C3.

When reading the posts of several people I also noted that most negative posts about the lume came from people who did not own the watch and many of the comments were essentially people repeating what some other person said who, by the way didn't own the watch either...

As far as mine goes, I compared my lume to my friends Gen PAM112, I also compared mine to four other gens I have that have C3 - an Omega, Kobold, Brieitling and a Marathon SAR, I compared mine to a PAM111H that Ziggy relumed for me in C3, a B&R Ken Parks relumed for me in C3 and a Rolex Submariner that Vaccum did in C3.

I compared them by putting them on the nightstand under a lamp before I went to bed. As per usual I get up to use the head several times during the night and never turn the light on. Went to bed around 10PM by 2AM the Vaccum Rollie, Ziggy PAM, Omega, SAR and 243 all looked pretty good. By 4AM it was the Ziggy PAM and 243 battling it out. By 5:30AM when I got up, you guessed it - the 243 was still glowing. Obviousely not like a torch, but definitely giving off that warm C3 glow.

Can I say for sure C3 was used in my watch - no...

But whatever it was it was every bit as good as the C3 watches I have and even better than a few. My advice is to read carefully - make note of whether the author of the post - 1. Actually owns the watch and 2. What did he do/compare his watch to in order to affirm his claim.

If you do the above, I think a clear picture will emerge fairly quickly. Right now from what I have read the overwhelming opinion from people who actually own the watch is that it is an outstanding quality Rep that will not disappoint you.

jackagi

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
8/10/11
Ditto - Same with my Noob 243. I would encourage people considering this watch to read carefully. I have made the following observations:

Of the people who own the watch only one person stated the watch did not have C3. If you read carefully you would note that he did not have the watch tested to confirm this, nor he did not compare it to the gen and only stated his opinion.

The other owners have all said they were very pleased with the lume with one person even going as far as posting a side by side time lapse with the noob 243 next to a gen watch lumed with C3- clearly showing the lume on the Rep was every bit the equal to the gen with C3.

When reading the posts of several people I also noted that most negative posts about the lume came from people who did not own the watch and many of the comments were essentially people repeating what some other person said who, by the way didn't own the watch either...

As far as mine goes, I compared my lume to my friends Gen PAM112, I also compared mine to four other gens I have that have C3 - an Omega, Kobold, Brieitling and a Marathon SAR, I compared mine to a PAM111H that Ziggy relumed for me in C3, a B&R Ken Parks relumed for me in C3 and a Rolex Submariner that Vaccum did in C3.

I compared them by putting them on the nightstand under a lamp before I went to bed. As per usual I get up to use the head several times during the night and never turn the light on. Went to bed around 10PM by 2AM the Vaccum Rollie, Ziggy PAM, Omega, SAR and 243 all looked pretty good. By 4AM it was the Ziggy PAM and 243 battling it out. By 5:30AM when I got up, you guessed it - the 243 was still glowing. Obviousely not like a torch, but definitely giving off that warm C3 glow.

Can I say for sure C3 was used in my watch - no...

But whatever it was it was every bit as good as the C3 watches I have and even better than a few. My advice is to read carefully - make note of whether the author of the post - 1. Actually owns the watch and 2. What did he do/compare his watch to in order to affirm his claim.

If you do the above, I think a clear picture will emerge fairly quickly. Right now from what I have read the overwhelming opinion from people who actually own the watch is that it is an outstanding quality Rep that will not disappoint you.

2nd ^^^^^

Very good points

haysy

24/10/11
Thanks guys for your helpful advice. As far as I understand currently both have their pros and cons and it seems that there will be an improved version from the noob factory?! So it´s worth to wait?

jackagi

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
8/10/11
Thanks guys for your helpful advice. As far as I understand currently both have their pros and cons and it seems that there will be an improved version from the noob factory?! So it´s worth to wait?

I have heard that the new batch of Pam243L Noobfactory will arrive at the 20th of february!

Jake48

Renowned Member
17/3/06

Well.... Once again, read carefully. There are a lot of people claiming they WANT a V-2, but I have not read nor heard from anyone who would be the person making that decision that
1. It is going to happen or
2. There is any need for it to happen

Again, the posts that I have read claiming the need for a V-2 were all from people who didn't even own the watch and were just repeating hearsay. What reason is there for the noob factory to make a V-2?

The noob 243L is an excellent Rep. As far as the lume goes I see a lot of people guessing based on one owners perception that he didn't get C-3. Everyone else who owns the watch seems pretty satisfied.

The Cannon pin? Angus said the watches shipped before the CNY were supposed to have the correct polished CP. Some miscommunication and they were shipped with brushed CP's. He said this will be corrected.

The crooked bezel markers? Again, Angus said this will be corrected.

DOA movements? Nothing new.

Let's face it. We're buying faked watches here. They weren't made in Neuchâtel Switzerland with an entire quality control division looking over the finished product. You have to understand that mistakes will be found, variances will ocurr and yes, a few bad ones are likely to slip through, ESPECIALLY when a new watch hits the market.

Look at the facts, not something someone said that they heard from someone who heard from someone who knew someone who actually owned the watch.

From what I have been able to discern, so far, the only issues with the noob 243L have been minor, the dealer is aware of these and has stated they will be taken care of. So why would there be a need for a V-2?

It appears most of the hearsay started from one persons review of his noob and a H version 243L. I do not doubt the truth of his own observations, but given that just about every other post I have read regarding the noob 243L done by an owner is completely contrary to the guy who had the "Bad" watch, do you think maybe, just maybe a bad one slipped through?

Quite a few people seemed to jump the gun calling for a V-2 when it looked pretty obvious to me that a little time is needed to figure out what is going on. Right now, given that it looks to me like only one guy is complaining, couldn't it just be that he got a crappy one? As more people purchase the watch, we will know for sure, but I wouldn't light the torches and circle the wagons just yet ;)

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
To me the 60 click vs 120 click was enough to throw me towards noob over h factory.

MK08

Renowned Member
3/4/07
Let's face it. We're buying faked watches here. They weren't made in Italy with an entire quality control division looking over the finished product. You have to understand that mistakes will be found, variances will ocurr and yes, a few bad ones are likely to slip through, ESPECIALLY when a new watch hits the market.

Well I'm pretty sure the gens aren't made in Italy either ;-) but its reasonable to expect a certain number of duds when there is pretty much zero QC going on at the rep factories.

From what I have been able to discern, so far, the only issues with the noob 243L have been minor, the dealer is aware of these and has stated they will be taken care of. So why would there be a need for a V-2?

However I don't think you can just brush off the multiple issues other members have had with their Noob 243's. If you consider minor: brushed CP, spotty crystal quality, DOA movements, crooked or falling out bezel markers, loose bezels. Now maybe you and several others here have had zero issues, and found the Noob 243 to be rock solid and that's great. But you can't just minimize the problems that others have had with theirs. And why would a V2 be necessary? It all depends how concerned you are with accuracy, I'm pretty sure at some point a new version will be released that at least addresses the brushed CP. The question is, will there be new issues to contend with at that point? Probably, but that's all part of the game.

Bonesey

Mythical Poster
Advisor
15/1/11
I think it needs clarified that this isn't really a V2, it's just a V1 with a little more refinement. It's not going to be a new watch.