• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

21j Movement on a monaco.

elmataplata

29/12/10

tflgee

1/9/09
Chances are they do not work at all. I have a 21J in a carrera and the sub dials do nothing. If I press the chrono or reset buttons it moves the hands on the subdials but that's all. They do not have any function.

ugoderosa

Renowned Member
12/9/10
Go with a quartz version. That way you have working chrono functions. There is no second hand, so no constant ticking.

elmataplata

29/12/10
Go with a quartz version. That way you have working chrono functions. There is no second hand, so no constant ticking.

Ive thought about this, but with my current watch, a citizen skyhawk, Ive never EVER used the chronograph function since I got my iphone. d rather see a beautifulsemismooth needle than the tick tick.

Chances are they do not work at all. I have a 21J in a carrera and the sub dials do nothing. If I press the chrono or reset buttons it moves the hands on the subdials but that's all. They do not have any function.

You mean something like this?
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtjBTYJNsEo&feature=related"]YouTube - Tag Heuer Monaco Black Steel Automatic Mens Watch[/ame]

ugoderosa

Renowned Member
12/9/10
Again, there is no second hand on the quartz version, so there is no ticking to see... but get what you like. I personally think 21J chronos are kind of silly.

elmataplata

29/12/10
Well acording to watch eden the dials are day, week month and change by themseves. Which means Ill be buying this by the end of the week.

WatchnScotch

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
10/12/10
Generally when it says this "Fully Functional Day-Month-Military time chronograph dials" it means the pusher progress the chrono hands for the date...

elmataplata

29/12/10
Generally when it says this "Fully Functional Day-Month-Military time chronograph dials" it means the pusher progress the chrono hands for the date...

Thats what I had read when I started looking into this stuff. Asked watcheden directly and he cofirmed they do move by themselves and are adjusted by the pushers.

elmataplata

29/12/10
Well got it in today. To answer the question for possible future owners the 9 oclock dial as a day of the week works, it switches about an hour after the date dial does. the dial at 3 oclock seems to be fully faux. The watch is very nice and I plan on writting a full review this week.

ugoderosa

Renowned Member
12/9/10
....... and don't forget, the chrono second hand is wrong, because it does not operate like a real chronograph seconds hand should operate.

elmataplata

29/12/10
Yes, that is clearly stated that it is simply a automatic moving hand and not an actual chrono.