• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

21J Breitling crown?

Dean

Horology Curious
28/3/08
While setting the time I pulled the crown off of the stem sleeve of my new 21J Breitling Colt. I am not sure as to how it is assembled or how to remove/repair it. Is the crown pressed onto this part or what? I've searched but didn't find much which pertained to my issue. Are there any tutorials for 21J service? I need instruction! :lol:
66397156-P1010476.JPG

Dean

Horology Curious
28/3/08
Yes, the stem is inside. I don't think I lost any parts.

fakemaster

Mythical Poster
31/5/07
Damn I was tired when I first saw this. The spring goes in the end of the stem and the head goes on top of that. The tip of that thing looks weird but I can't really tell from the pic. Should screw in but if it doesn't then some loctite or gorilla glue will take care fo it. But you really should do it with the stem out of the watch.

doctorron

I'm Pretty Popular
5/3/07
Hey Dean,

R2D4 just pointed this watch out to me. It is a beautiful watch and R2 is a super nice guy. The good news is... its not broken. But I could not figure out how to get the crown back on. It took my watch guy 5 minutes or less to put it on. Only $10, no big deal. I think the problem is that on this model watch the crown stem is less than perfect to control the independent GMT hand. Therefore, when one struggles to get the crown/stem back in the case, the crown inadvertently comes off the stem. Anyway, let me know if I can help. It would be my pleasure.

Ron

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
I am sure that can be put back together with epoxy. Dean if you cant get to a watch smith send it to me and I will get it fixed. Otherwise let me know and I will pay for it.

Dean

Horology Curious
28/3/08
How does one remove the stem assembly on the 21J? I played with it a bit this morning, removing the back and inspecting more closely the stem. It appears that it was indeed glued on as the crown has a hint of loctite smell to it. As you've confirmed my suspicions and say it would truly be as simple as gluing it back onto the stem, I would like to do it. It would be a good learning experience as I've wanted to get more into my new hobby.

All I need to know now is how to remove the stem assembly, lol. :?

doctorron

I'm Pretty Popular
5/3/07
Dean, my watch smith did not glue it on. But, I agree, that would probably work.